• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm loving SMG2 so far! Just got up to 45 stars. Sadly it's gonna have to be On the back burner some tomorrow since I'll be getting Splatoon 2! Great game though, I'm going to beat it finally !

The amazing thing about SMG2 is it has all these great fun, inventive levels if you just want to casually breeze through and get 60 starts or whatever, but then it ALSO has the hardcore punishing platformer levels and stars to find if you want to geek out on it and get every single star

pronk420

Oh it was Alexis, thanks.

All heroes dota challenge sounds cool. All heroes! They really should play some league though, much better game. I don't know why Brad is ignoring my PMs and emails about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
OK are you guys actually surprised that giantbomb has outlier opinions?

The same crew who goes "who wants to game portably?" before the switch somehow made gaming portable again?

The amazing thing about SMG2 is it has all these great fun, inventive levels if you just want to casually breeze through and get 60 starts or whatever, but then it ALSO has the hardcore punishing platformer levels and stars to find if you want to geek out on it and get every single star

Yea you are definitely right, I think that is really cool too :D. I'm only in world 3 but I'm up to 40ish stars now. I definitely have noticed the difference in difficulty between the regular levels and the platform intense ones that show up after feeding Lumas. Going to get every star though, like I did in the original SMG back when it came out haha. It controls really well, makes the platforming a lot of fun!

Megasoum

Banned
This is OT but I know some people asked me to post pictures when I first talked about it in here a couple of weeks ago

So I went to the Metallica show up here in Montreal last night and IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

I won a MetClub contest to upgrade my tickets to "The Snakepit" which is the zone inside the stage's walkway.

I made a quick imgur album with some of the pictures I took. They're not great pictures since I was on a shaky phone with terrible lighting but anyway, it kinda shows you how crazy close I was to the stage. Bonus picture of the pick I catched.

http://imgur.com/a/fXcJk

Also here's a video of Hardwired which was the opening song.

Edit: Another video but from Volbeat who was opening that shows the Snakepit really well

This is OT but I know some people asked me to post pictures when I first talked about it in here a couple of weeks ago

So I went to the Metallica show up here in Montreal last night and IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

I won a MetClub contest to upgrade my tickets to "The Snakepit" which is the zone inside the stage's walkway.

I made a quick imgur album with some of the pictures I took. They're not great pictures since I was on a shaky phone with terrible lighting but anyway, it kinda shows you how crazy close I was to the stage. Bonus picture of the pick I catched.

Edit: Another video but from Volbeat who was opening that shows the Snakepit really well

I asked about it on here and Twitter. Looks like it was a fanfuckintastic time.

Joeku

Firstly, that's awesome. Gratz.

Secondly, this guy at the bottom here:
Z3T2P34.jpg
This fucking guy.
He's coming for you.
fAWtQFJ.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... Wtf...

So I decided to rewatch all the Mario Party Party on my iPad when I go to bed every night...

I'm 40min into Mario Party 3 right now and I have zero recollection of that video... Holy shit, did I missed one of them? A whole new MPP!

Joeku

An assholised sandwich brings to mind very different sort of image.

The point of bread on both sides of a sandwich (or a hotdog) is to let you be able to handle the material inside. Losing one of those makes it pointless. Might as well throw it all in a bowl and eat it that way.

Wait... Wtf...

So I decided to rewatch all the Mario Party Party on my iPad when I go to bed every night...

I'm 40min into Mario Party 3 right now and I have zero recollection of that video... Holy shit, did I missed one of them? A whole new MPP!

The misery sort of just runs together. I also just started rewatching them. It's a hilarious bummer.

A hotdog is in the same group of foods as pizza and burritos since they are all one continuos piece of bread. If each side of the hotdog bun can move independently of the other, then it is a sandwich.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Watch Dan somehow win the whole thing by the end though.

Which from the way they're going is going to take till the end of the year.

I'd still recommend it. The story is legitimately great, and despite being a kids story there are DARK moments in it.

Yeah. It ends...darkly. I'm kinda sad there was never a continuation but y'know, it ended greatly.

Yeah, this was the author's response to fans being upset it didn't end cleanly (with a bonus wrestling reference)

Also, spoilers for a 20 year old YA adult novel series.

"Animorphs was always a war story. Wars don’t end happily. Not ever. Often relationships that were central during war, dissolve during peace. Some people who were brave and fearless in war are unable to handle peace, feel disconnected and confused. Other times people in war make the move to peace very easily. Always people die in wars. And always people are left shattered by the loss of loved ones.

That’s what happens, so that’s what I wrote. Jake and Cassie were in love during the war, and end up going their seperate ways afterward. Jake, who was so brave and capable during the war is adrift during the peace. Marco and Ax, on the other hand, move easily past the war and even manage to use their experience to good effect. Rachel dies, and Tobias will never get over it. That doesn’t by any means cover everything that happens in a war, but it’s a start.

Here’s what doesn’t happen in war: there are no wondrous, climactic battles that leave the good guys standing tall and the bad guys lying in the dirt. Life isn’t a World Wrestling Federation Smackdown. Even the people who win a war, who survive and come out the other side with the conviction that they have done something brave and necessary, don’t do a lot of celebrating. There’s very little chanting of ‘we’re number one’ among people who’ve personally experienced war."

Yeah, this was the author's response to fans being upset it didn't end cleanly (with a bonus wrestling reference)

Also, spoilers for a 20 year old YA adult novel series.

"Animorphs was always a war story. Wars don’t end happily. Not ever. Often relationships that were central during war, dissolve during peace. Some people who were brave and fearless in war are unable to handle peace, feel disconnected and confused. Other times people in war make the move to peace very easily. Always people die in wars. And always people are left shattered by the loss of loved ones.

That’s what happens, so that’s what I wrote. Jake and Cassie were in love during the war, and end up going their seperate ways afterward. Jake, who was so brave and capable during the war is adrift during the peace. Marco and Ax, on the other hand, move easily past the war and even manage to use their experience to good effect. Rachel dies, and Tobias will never get over it. That doesn’t by any means cover everything that happens in a war, but it’s a start.

Here’s what doesn’t happen in war: there are no wondrous, climactic battles that leave the good guys standing tall and the bad guys lying in the dirt. Life isn’t a World Wrestling Federation Smackdown. Even the people who win a war, who survive and come out the other side with the conviction that they have done something brave and necessary, don’t do a lot of celebrating. There’s very little chanting of ‘we’re number one’ among people who’ve personally experienced war."

Yup, that's a great response by her. I can see why people were upset that it ended up the way it did, but really, Animorphs is better for it. For being a fictional book for kids, it's fucked up in alot of ways.

kiguel182

Part f the reason I prefer linear plaformers is not having to figure out how to get to stuff. I want just pure platforming bliss.

I’ll still buy Odissey but not a fan of the open world as some people are.

oti

Banned
Part f the reason I prefer linear plaformers is not having to figure out how to get to stuff. I want just pure platforming bliss.

I’ll still buy Odissey but not a fan of the open world as some people are.

Same. I don't want to find a hidden star. Show me where it is and put a bunch of moving obstacles in the way. That's what I want.

kiguel182

Same. I don't want to find a hidden star. Show me where it is and put a bunch of moving obstacles in the way. That's what I want.

Exactly. Searching a level for hidden stuff is boring. Mario 64 had a good balance but I’m afraid Odissey is going too open world.

Unfortunately never played 3D Land or World but those seemed great.

oti

Banned
Exactly. Searching a level for hidden stuff is boring. Mario 64 had a good balance but I’m afraid Odissey is going too open world.

Unfortunately never played 3D Land or World but those seemed great.

Generally I trust Nintendo when it comes to this stuff though. Besides, Odyssey apparently has an insane amount of moons to collect. If there's enough challening platforming there, I'm fine with collectibles. We've also seen challenge rooms already, like in New Donk City or the Ice Cave.

strafer

How was it to see the god that is Hetfield live?

I remember when I saw them for the first time in 2007, when that bad ugly intro started to play I got tears in my eyes and then they were blasting into Creeping Death, no Blackened though.

Best day of my entire fucked up life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom