• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
I can't believe West's next big LIVE Content series (which isn't even Premium) is Dota.

Do they hate us that much?

It almost makes me miss Ranking of Fighters. Almost.

(Although thinking about it now, RoF might actually be good with Ben as a third host).

DEvGy4J.gif

please stop dedicating yourselves to long ass series. first it was "we're definitely going to play every yakuza game" and now it's this garbage

it's like Ben looked at the people going "Ben's fine, he just needs to helm some new features" and decided to put their feet in all of their mouths

oti

Banned
While I can't be arsed with DOTA unless there's a twist, at least it's not long until then excellent UPF after that.

I wouldn't mind a "Jeff learns Dota" series as a guide to enjoying the big tournament coming up. Kinda like when Dan played Wow for a month.

But not serious Dota. If this is serious Dota content, throw it in the trash.

I'm hoping Jeff is the twist in this, it will be the only thing that makes it exciting for me as a guy who knows fuck all about Dota. I don't care for MOBAS so yeah.

killroy87

Blown away they got Jeff to commit to a recurring DOTA segment. How that bubbled up to the top of the list of ideas is crazy to me.

oti

Banned
Blown away they got Jeff to commit to a recurring DOTA segment. How that bubbled up to the top of the list of ideas is crazy to me.

Psssshhht.

Maybe they're trying to reach new people now with the big tournament coming up.

I don't know man.

Maybe I'm just too woke, man.

Or too cynical.

If they're enjoying the DOTA stuff, and that comes through, then I'll likely enjoy it as well.

No one here likes Sunshine, but are enjoying it because Beast is having fun.

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

Ashby

If they're enjoying the DOTA stuff, and that comes through, then I'll likely enjoy it as well.

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

Yeah, but people can tell what is happening in Sunshine.

Aselith

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

I like Sunshine, it's my favorite videogame on the VideoGamecube

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

Pretty much. I'm expecting we'd get SPECIAL guests in later episodes(maybe tomorrow even? who knows).

oti

Banned

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

We've had countless of hours of Dota content in the past. We know what that is like. If there's no Jeff twist this will be Ben and Brad being Ben and Brad playing Dota. 119 episodes of that or whatever the hero count is.

If Dan was in this there could be some fun meta element to it.

He isn't.

This will literally be no fun other than for people who want to see people play Dota badly for some reason.

Yay!

����������

Completely agreed. They (Ben/Brad) are passionate about Dota, especially with the international coming up, and it should hopefully come through as they are playing. Wait and see exactly what it is before declaring it the worst content ever

Pretty much this yes. Saying this without knowing what this Dota feature is tho...
Oh I'll certainly give the feature a go. I'm not confident they can make DOTA interesting though. It has got to be the most-played feature on the site, right? And now they're doing ANOTHER feature for it.
Sunshine is a very good game despite the camera issues.
I was actually really impressed by the non-waterpack section (despite how bad they were at it). It seems like there's great 3D Mario design in there.

killroy87

Where does CTR rank in the pantheon of Mario Kart-likes?

Incredibly overrated. It had a good singple player mode, and it was a minor miracle how Naughty Dog got the game to retain 60 fps in split screen, but the core gameplay was generic. I can't remember a single track from that game.

hot take hour

Ranking of Features:

1. Demo Derby (Dan/Jeff/Drew)
  2. Game Tapes (Brad/Jeff/Drew)
  3. Metal Gear Scanlon 1, 2, 3, 4, and Rising
  4. Unprofessional Fridays
  5. Ranking of Fighters (Jeff/Jason)
  6. Load Our Last Save
  7. The Jeff Gerstmann Home Game/Encyclopedia Bombastica
  8. Thursday Night Throwdown (RIP)
  9. All the other crap

Harpuia

I'm debating over whether the feature is better or worse if whoever is playing (Jeff?) does so against and with complete randos.

Lunar FC

hot take hour

Ranking of Features:

1. Demo Derby (Dan/Jeff/Drew)
  2. Game Tapes (Brad/Jeff/Drew)
  3. Metal Gear Scanlon 1, 2, 3, 4, and Rising
  4. Unprofessional Fridays
  5. Ranking of Fighters (Jeff/Jason)
  6. Load Our Last Save
  7. The Jeff Gerstmann Home Game/Encyclopedia Bombastica
  8. Thursday Night Throwdown (RIP)
  9. All the other crap

Game Tapes above MGScanlon? No chance in hell.

Also, I really enjoyed Project B.E.A.S.T. I remember watching one of the earlier episodes on Christmas eve before opening presents. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom