• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Game Grumps help

The good art helps

It's also that it's catered towards Gay audiences and Women, compared to other VNs that cater to mostly men.

The westerness helps too

Jintor

i dunno how i feel about using 'visual novel' as a genre description. it's more mechanical to me. like, a lot of games have visual novel elements since it's kind of just an extension of traditional jrpg text boxes + portraits

oti

Banned
The only VN games I've played are the first Pheonix Wright, Nonary games, Steins Gate & Hotel Dusk. All of them were fantastic.

Really loved Another Code as well. Too bad I played through that game in like 3 hours or so. Spending so much pocket money on that felt so bad.

Also that Wii sequel was super weird and I never got into it.

Really loved Another Code as well. Too bad I played through that game in like 3 hours or so. Spending so much pocket money on that felt so bad.

Also that Wii sequel was super weird and I never got into it.

Yeah VN games are lengthy as fuck which is why I only play them when there are barely any other games releasing. I myself am not into reading books(unless they're art books or behind the scenes stuff) because sound in general to me just adds so much which is what is great about VN games.

Like the first thing that stood out to me in Pheonix Wright was how amazing the soundtrack is and the game really wouldn't have been as memorable if it wasn't for the score. I've been meaning to play the rest of the Pheonix Wright games but there's just so many and all of them are lengthy, we need another 2014 in terms of games for me to do so.

oti

Banned
The only VN games I've played are the first Pheonix Wright, Nonary games, Steins Gate & Hotel Dusk. All of them were fantastic.

Yeah VN games are lengthy as fuck which is why I only play them when there are barely any other games releasing. I myself am not into reading books(unless they're art books or behind the scenes stuff) because sound in general to me just adds so much which is what is great about VN.

Like the first thing that stood out to me in Pheonix Wright was how amazing the soundtrack is and the game really wouldn't have been as memorable if it wasn't for the score. I've been meaning to play the rest of the Pheonix Wright games but there's just so many and all of them are lengthy, we need another 2014 in terms of games for me to do so.

PW has an amazing soudntrack. Maybe my favourite video game soundtrack of all time.

I've given up on reading fiction years ago. I play games, watch TV series and some movies here and there. That's enough fiction for me. I only read non-fiction.

And lol at that YT video.

Jintor

one of the things i secretly love in phoenix wright and that a lot of other VNs don't do is screenshake and really crunchy sound effects

it's one of those things which is really not apparent unless you're looking for it but i feel like, if other VNs do it, it doesn't really stand out the way it does in PW to me

Joeku

one of the things i secretly love in phoenix wright and that a lot of other VNs don't do is screenshake and really crunchy sound effects

it's one of those things which is really not apparent unless you're looking for it but i feel like, if other VNs do it, it doesn't really stand out the way it does in PW to me

The courtroom stuff is like fighting game effects. Cornered playing feels like nailing a Super.

derFeef

Jesus this Murder Island is close to three hours long.

I feel like they don't make any progress, it's getting a bit frustrating. That feature is really unrewarding. For them and for us.
They should make a rule for like, three attempts with three player rotations or something.

oti

Banned
I feel like they don't make any progress, it's getting a bit frustrating. That feature is really unrewarding. For them and for us.
They should make a rule for like, three attempts with three player rotations or something.

I've made my peace with it. It's something running on TV while I do other stuff or play Splatoon. They don't want to get better, they just want to play the game. That's not that interesting for me but eh.

Mostly I wonder if anything would replace PUBG if they were to stop playing. I'm afraid not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom