• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave the Abby and Ben podcast a listen.

I dont think it was very good. I just dont get the direction of it....or is it that its directionless and that's the schtick?

Either way, I wasn't a fan.

Nerokis

Btw, anyone who plays video games for the story needs to read a god damn book, because the vast majority of video game stories fucking suck and that's just a home truth you need to accept.

I like both video game stories and books. In fact, that I like books was perhaps a big hint that I would also like stories in this other medium I enjoy. Weird how that worked out.

Ben and abby put out podcast
Half the thread manages to hate on it

Srsly guys this is ridiculous

I'm all about shitting on this toxic, disgusting, no-good thread...but this post made me laugh. Seems like a slight overreaction, which is kinda ironic when Abby's "apparently I don't like stories in games" was in response to another overreaction. :p

Personally, the Babbycast was a fun listen and I'm all in, but I can see where some of the "criticism" is coming from. As many times as Abby has managed to make me laugh over the past couple months (Margaret included), I've noticed her approach to improv is a bit different from what I'm used to. Not necessarily in a bad way. I'm more used to things like Comedy Bang Bang, which manage to be both grounded in reality and absolutely ridiculous, while Abby sometimes defaults straight to ridiculousness. Probably easier to carry a 30 minute plus podcast with a little less of that.

Still, it was their first go at this, and it made for a quick ~37 minutes. Helps that Ben and Abby are great together in general.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You could always buy a neon Joy-Con bundle down the line. Having grey as a base option is pretty good. You can also wait for more colours to come out.

Like the goat.

if they did that, I'd pee myself a little. I still have mine.

Zaph

I'm not sure what's worse, Ben's incredible disrespect towards the two remaining Gamespot employees, or Abby talking awful shit about us even though this thread is full of compliments.

Honestly, they should both be fired immediately.

I'm not sure what's worse, Ben's incredible disrespect towards the two remaining Gamespot employees, or Abby talking awful shit about us even though this thread is full of compliments.

Very unprofessional

We're all peers and should be sticking together

Honestly I think this speaks more to the poor decision-making and arrogance of Jeff Gerstmann. He should pack it up.

kiguel182

Starting a petition as we speak.

oti

Banned
if they did that, I'd pee myself a little. I still have mine.

I mean that must be in the cards, right? The way Nintendo is pumping out those colours, translucent has got to be somewhere. Maybe with Metroid, would fit in a way.

imBask

Banned
Ben is in everything, and he's learning some production stuff so...

don't be surprised if Jeff retires next year and puts Ben in charge, I think it's a safe prediction to make

Give me mondota tuesdota wednesdota thursdota fridota

gScQjjh.png

I'll take whatever Brad content we can get! I enjoyed the dota streams so far, hope they keep working on improving and trying to make it more accessible. I used to play dota so not as much of an issue for me but I know why it would be hard to follow if you have no experience playing it.

jaina

Vinny has made it clear that jokes about Brad's employment status and tasks make him sad. And that doesn't even cover Brad's feelings.

Which is why I moved on to joking about the website search functionality. And requesting more premium features with Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom