• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

It's OK, gang. oti is just a rogue AI that hasn't learned the emotion of joy yet. Imagine when he does and then experiences the Dreamcast. What an experience that would be.

faridmon

So should I retry Wind-Up Bird Chronicles? Murakami is like this author I really really try hard to like but I always kinda bounce off. Which is saying something because to date I've read every single book I started to the end, except for Murakami ones.
The pace is just soooo slow and I fucking adore Dostojewski who is the king of slow pace. But with Murakami you don't have any fucking clue where the story is going and it's never interesting enough to stick with it :(

I personally don't rate Wind-Up as highly as his other books. Its way too random for its own good despite its bright start, too open ended without creating a cohesive narrative and the philosophical aspect of its themes just falls short of his other books. It still a great book, but I would never recommend it to be a starter for any Haruki Murakami

Its slow, because its just full of Metaphysical similes that just don't go anywhere. Unless you are really embracing this multi-dimensional ''nonsense'' then you will not have fulfillment reading it.

Just start off reading Hard Boiled Wonderland. Its tight, short and the story its telling is simply mind blowing without falling into the whole ''metaphysical'' trap too much.

My Ranking, if I would have to recommend:

1- Hard-Boiled
2- Kafka on the Shire (My favourite of his books. It balances coherent storytelling, metaphysical themes, otherworldly occurrence and WTF moments very nicely)
3- Dance Dance Dance (My first Murakami book despite being a sequel to another. It doesn't matter since the story is very clear, and this is probably his best when it comes to character and story progression. His philosophical metaphors are strong here, but also relatable)
4- Norwegian Wood (one of the few books he as where its a natural Slice of Life. Very emotionally heavy and musically referential. Pretty relaxing read and one of his most approachable book)

oti

Banned
It's OK, gang. oti is just a rogue AI that hasn't learned the emotion of joy yet. Imagine when he does and then experiences the Dreamcast. What an experience that would be.

I tried Jet Set Radio (was it on PS Plus maybe ?) and it was really bad.

Samba de Amigo looks pretty rad though.

I want to have a word with the AI's programmers for going waaay overboard on the stupidity subroutines.

Vic_Viper

Is that Kingdom Heartache going to be a regular series? Or were they just messing around? I would actually really like to see them do a playthrough of atleast the 1st game like GBEast did with Yakuza 0.

Lari

I'm 100% pro-Abby, I think she's really funny and cool.

#teamabby

I'm less familiar with Ben, but the few things I seen him in he was a-ok.

Abby and Ben got a promotion!!

Department of New Business: Episode 0

https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/department-of-new-business-episode-0/1600-2046/

7K9sVFM.png

Tubobutts

I think the podcast means everyone except for Ben and Abby are leaving Giant Bomb and they're hiring new people and interns to replace them

And Ben wants to fuck them?

- J - D -

Dark Souls 1 is one of my favorite game of all time

I was burned out on the genre by the end of Dark Souls 2

I made the right choice skipping out on Dark Souls 2 entirely at the time. By the time Bloodborne came around the genre was still fresh for me. I came back years later to finally play DS2 and it was okay, but what helped was the lack of expectation.

Also, speaking of games I play listening to podcasts, Dark Souls 2 was totally that kind of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom