• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if you're gonna put gaf on blast, at least have the manners to fix your audio levels first.

Seriously though a self-referential GB cast with Ben and Abby sounds p great going forward.

oti

Banned
I have grey as it was the only one available at the time, but I do kind of regret not holding out every time I see a neon. For some reason their photography captures the colours really badly; they look way nicer in person.

You could always buy a neon Joy-Con bundle down the line. Having grey as a base option is pretty good. You can also wait for more colours to come out.

Like the goat.
Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg

Not sure what to make of the podcast. Might not be for me but I'll withhold my opinion for now and check out the next episode before condemning it entirely.

Mr. F

Banned
I guess they had to do something with that surplus of bad improv from the beastcast

ironically I find regular abby 10x funnier than improv abby, and ben's awkward/bumbling speech shtick gets old quick

jaina

I'm glad that this wasn't on the schedule before, we would've speculated ourselves to death.
On the other hand we still might do that now :) What will it be?

My impressions: at this point I would listen to it because I'm interested in Ben and Abby. It wasn't hilariously funny but had some great moments. Apparently this won't be the regular format (see Ben's twitter) and with a guest I expect it to be different, content-wise. They have a rather good dynamic.
If it doesn't change much I won't keep listening for years, but they deserve a few more months (bi-weekly episodes) of goodwill.

Blue Bombin' from last week was pretty rad. I'm fine with it being a video podcast about what they like with some Mega Man being played. UPF with Samantha was good, Rorie was on his game.

I am assuming the podcast will be a check-in thing for the new hires where they get to goof off and reference their own GB careers in a stupid way, which will be good.

They did mention interviews though so it might be more like Cool Games Inc or something.

oti

Banned
Blue Bombin' from last week was pretty rad. I'm fine with it being a video podcast about what they like with some Mega Man being played. UPF with Samantha was good, Rorie was on his game.
I bought the Mega Man Collection because of that video. I'm having fun with it.
And use the save feature a lot.

Kingdom Heartache? As coy as the description is, I dunno how different it could be from a standard playthrough.

At the end of the day like 95% of the things GB does are Endurance Runs. I don't understand why they're so apprehensive with calling everything an Endurance Run. Imagine having an entire subsection of the website dedicated to ERs. It would be glorious.

I really like that Ben and Abby are doing new stuff like this.

Although I think it would have been funny if they had Jeff and Vinny cameo on the start of the podcast to act out the meeting, ala Betting the FarmVille

Meguro

Banned
At the end of the day like 95% of the things GB does are Endurance Runs. I don't understand why they're so apprehensive with calling everything an Endurance Run. Imagine having an entire subsection of the website dedicated to ERs. It would be glorious.

Because Endurance Runs are daily and free content.
Most of their playthroughs are neither daily nor free.

Btw, anyone who plays video games for the story needs to read a god damn book, because the vast majority of video game stories fucking suck and that's just a home truth you need to accept.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ben and abby put out podcast
Half the thread manages to hate on it

Srsly guys this is ridiculous

I love Ben and Abby. They are great, both of them might be my favorite members of their respective coasts. I hope they do a ton more content together.

This podcast episode wasn't very good.

I guess they had to do something with that surplus of bad improv from the beastcast

ironically I find regular abby 10x funnier than improv abby, and ben's awkward/bumbling speech shtick gets old quick
I love Ben and Abby. They are great, both of them might be my favorite members of their respective coasts. I hope they do a ton more content together.

This podcast episode wasn't very good.

*record scratch*

HELL NO

soundtest

Banned
to be fair, this is the most serious thread on the internet. where else would you get a good talk about the merits of upf in 2017?

exactly

Based on the first episode of Kingdom Heartache, they should add another person. Because between Ben focusing on playing and Brad's sandbagging with what seems like disinterest, the show will be inoffensive white noise at best.

Edit: also, Dan's understanding of pharmacies and health is some of the most videogame-ass logic I've heard in a while.

Will Alex finally punch Dan in the face when Dan fucks up the orb dunk on the last boss of the first Destiny 2 raid for the 20th consecutive time? I'm betting yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom