• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
XgBs0Pj.jpg

I'm sure Tacoma might be a good bit more in depth in terms of story, after seeing just a tad bit of GB's video. Edith Finch was fantastic, but like The Unfinished Swan, it was more about the gameplay mechanics progressing the story whereas Gone Home, and seemingly Tacoma, are about using the environment to tell a story with not much gameplay. Two developers in the same genre that specialize in telling a story, but in different ways :)

While that is true, Edith Finch used gameplay mechanics not only to tell a story by giving you a very detailed POV but it also ended up having much more memorable moments thanks to it? That's how I felt anyways, there are like 3 moments in that game that I still think about from time to time.

But as you said, they're doing different things. I just feel like what they did with Edith Finch has a much stronger lasting impression but from what I have played so far of Tacoma, it seemed good. I can't judge it fully though as I only played 40 minutes.

oti

Banned
Fight Fight Fight!

Bq5oRCH.png

Let's agree to disagree on this fact.
Because I feel like it.

Great.

Sure, there are games that can be more profitable or reach profitability more easily than cinematic monster games like Uncharted. Still a weird response to Druckmann nonetheless.

drabnon

I don't understand how Cliffy even got the idea that Naughty Dog games aren't profitable.

But hey, agree to disagree I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom