• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I honestly don't get how East is much more consistent in creating and maintaining premium content vs West. It's the same website yet the organization seems to be completely different.

Dota isn't premium so the only premium stuff West does is UPF. Why? I don't get it.

I know this subject is beaten to death but seeing how East transitioned from BitE to Sunshine and the return of Blue Bombin' really highlighted the differences.

I would've called you a fool if you told me that GB West's lowest point would come after they hired some new blood, but here we are.

they said the site was doing very well and making profit like a week ago, so discontented fans is about as true as saying people want a Flatliner remake because you want one

yeah but then you look at that thread about podcasts that decline in quality and there's literally around 100 posts about the Bombcast (many by people who don't post in this thread)

How about this for the next This is the Run: Streets of Rage 3

It's harder than 2, and better (ahem).

Bare Knuckle 3 is arguably better

imBask

Banned
yeah but then you look at that thread about podcasts that decline in quality and there's literally around 100 posts about the Bombcast (many by people who don't post in this thread)

people are usually vocal about stuff they don't like and silent about stuff they like, that's usually how things go... The one true metric is money

I honestly don't get how East is much more consistent in creating and maintaining premium content vs West. It's the same website yet the organization seems to be completely different.

Dota isn't premium so the only premium stuff West does is UPF. Why? I don't get it.

I know this subject is beaten to death but seeing how East transitioned from BitE to Sunshine and the return of Blue Bombin' really highlighted the differences.

two producers versus one, the longstanding most active staff member when it comes to creating new premium content, and vinny.

it's really not hard.

GbWest has never really made consistent premium content that wasn't spearheaded by Dan/Drew. They do their weekly show and the occasional other thing when it suits them and that's how it's been since the whiskey media days. At least now they have another branch and we aren't paying a subscription for just the Happy Hour that was only really good for Tested anyway.

kiguel182

two producers versus one, the longstanding most active staff member when it comes to creating new premium content, and vinny.

it's really not hard.

I get the two producers but Dan can give ideas for both coasts. It’s the same website after all. They kept Demo Derby and we barely see more of it.

GbWest has never really made consistent premium content that wasn't spearheaded by Dan/Drew. They do their weekly show and the occasional other thing when it suits them and that's how it's been since the whiskey media days.

Not sure how it was before Dan but I much enjoy the more consistent stuff instead of small chunks of premium content now and then. Random drops of stuff is cool but only doing UPF for weeks on end isn’t.

And I know they do quick looks and stuff but thats free.

Edit: Vinny/Alex/Austin did a bunch of stuff too and let’s not forget an entire surprise ER when Dan was there. The ER is free content but it’s as demanding as the premium stuff. Even more so.

Honestly if they just called everything "Giantbomb" and both coasts set up their studios exactly the same, I bet most people wouldn't even notice. They would just think it was a revolving door of people making videos together.

oyzZYFc.png

kai3345

Banned
i feel like a lot of people are jumping to conclusions on the KH thing. i'd give them the benefit of the doubt at least this week

drabnon

what in the world is going on in this thread

People are upset that Giant Bomb West only makes DOTA videos and possibly started a series that was only intended to be one episode long.

I have to agree with others, the idea of making one episode of a series as a joke would be funny if it wasn't one of the few pieces of original content GBW has actually made in a while. We should wait and see, though, it's too early to call it dead.

Pretty bad luck if the the difficulties are real and struck the feature they have been the most weird/cagey/coy about in the 8 years I've followed the site, in its second week.

I'm gonna give them th benefit of the doubt, but... this is becoming their Sombra ARG moment. If there's a punchline, it's gotta be pretty good to be worth whatever this is.

the 6 dollar fidget spinner I bought on amazon is worse than the one my mom got for free at a work conference. So I bought a 30 dollar Infinity Apollo i7 Fidget Spinner i-Series Pro with R188 VorTech Smoothest Rated Ceramic Bearings

if you're going to play a joke on your audience, why not have it be something they'd actually enjoy

like when Giant Bomb East recorded a bunch of episodes of This is the Run and kept going "let's do one more run" and "sorry guys that last episode was pre-recorded but we promise this next one is live"

that was great

the 6 dollar fidget spinner I bought on amazon is worse than the one my mom got for free at a work conference. So I bought a 30 dollar Infinity Apollo i7 Fidget Spinner i-Series Pro with R188 VorTech Smoothest Rated Ceramic Bearings

nice
what else you got on there? are you sub ohming?

if you're going to play a joke on your audience, why not have it be something they'd actually enjoy

like when Giant Bomb East recorded a bunch of episodes of This is the Run and kept going "let's do one more run" and "sorry guys that last episode was pre-recorded but we promise this next one is live"

that was great

Yup that was a classic moment. I agree this is really weird the way they are handling this. No matter what the payoff is it seems really weird and ill handled

BearPawB

Banned
Thats the thing about Kingdom Heartache.

I can't envision a payoff that isn't disappointing.

Scenarios:

1) they ARE playing kingdom hearts, and the cagey bullshit was completely unnecessary and confusing

2) they aren't going to play any more kingdom hearts, and the series was an ironic joke. And the cagey bullshit was just sorta mean to those who got their hopes up.

3) there is some crazy twist that makes this all worth it. (rotating guests would not be worth this jerking around)

Right now it doesn't feel like 3 is the Occam's razor answer.

If you are going to obfuscate the true purpose of a series this much, the payoff has to be fucking awesome.

Thats the thing about Kingdom Heartache.

I can't envision a payoff that isn't disappointing.

Scenarios:

1) they ARE playing kingdom hearts, and the cagey bullshit was completely unnecessary and confusing

2) they aren't going to play any more kingdom hearts, and the series was an ironic joke. And the cagey bullshit was just sorta mean to those who got their hopes up.

3) there is some crazy twist that makes this all worth it. (rotating guests would not be worth this jerking around)

Right now it doesn't feel like 3 is the Occam's razor answer.

Ben and Brad have been locked in the studio recording an endurance run all week. KH2 with Jeff starts next week.

and if they actually are playing more of the game, they've already fallen into the "where the fuck did I leave off" trap that's so common with JRPGs

You like to listen on Ben's subway don't you?

I know we like to clown on him for his Abby crush post, but some things are just over the line

Hindl

Random Steal My Sunshine comment. I'm totally with Vinny, I eat guac with a spoon if there's some left after I've finished all my chips

BearPawB

Banned
I really don't think Ben would be leading us on with that tweet. Should give the the benefit of a doubt.

But it isn't just the one tweet. The entire first episode of the series was hemming and hawing about what the series actually was

Random Steal My Sunshine comment. I'm totally with Vinny, I eat guac with a spoon if there's some left after I've finished all my chips

Hell yeah, I am not letting guac go to waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom