• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

LeBart

I turned on the stream twice. First time I see a dumb stealth sequence, second time it's a platforming puzzle. Not exactly sold on the whole thing but hey maybe the rest is amazing.

DJ88

Realistically, this is where I expected them to get without any help. I don't think they'll ever figure this part out on their own.

Alucrid

Banned
i remember when the raid was first released. after watching them all 10 hours to beat the raid i thought "man this game sucks" and threw my ps4 out my window because i ended up buying a digital copy and didn't have a disc

Tan

This is making me want to get and play Destiny. And I agree with all of the complaints in here, what is wrong with me

~Kinggi~

Banned
i remember when the raid was first released. after watching them all 10 hours to beat the raid i thought "man this game sucks" and threw my ps4 out my window because i ended up buying a digital copy and didn't have a disc

you are a man of principals.

the next part is great. that in no way excuses this or the stealth section.

Yeah, I was actually digging the raid until those two sections. I don't like looking things up in games like these (I hate what raids have become in WoW) so the stealth part especially would be really frustrating.

Now I really need to go to bed, good luck Brad, Jeff and Co.!

yea, completely blind run is gonna take them literally a dozen hours if they don't ask for help on what to do.

I think the raid overall is a infinitely superior experience if you look up what you have to do before hand, I respect people that want to figure it out themselves but having myself and my friend learn the raid before our attempt really helped the group run smooth.

LiK

I think the raid overall is a infinitely superior experience if you look up what you have to do before hand, I respect people that want to figure it out themselves but having myself and my friend learn the raid before our attempt really helped the group run smooth.

yea, i think on-screen directions would help but i guess Bungie wanted to make it like a puzzle.

Alucrid

Banned

I did up to the gatekeeper blind, which I thought was fun and as shown from this stream, doesn't take too long. But yeah, at the gatekeeper and atheon you really do need to have formulated a plan ahead of time to make it work.

DJ88

Or doing it with at least one or two people who have done it before, that's how I went through it. It was as awesome to go in blind with everything being new and a fresh challenge to figure out and tackle with people there to guide you in the right direction when you were lost or confused.

I'm surprised they actually got one of the relics out and seem to understand the concept of defending the confluex. Now they just need to get the second relic out too. I'm having fun seeing them trying to decipher what all the different pieces of this part mean.

PBalfredo

Between the stealth section and Mega Man platforming, I understand why that first group to complete Vault of Glass had a jillion deaths.

This is making me want to go back and play more ME3 multiplayer.

LiK

Between the stealth section and Mega Man platforming, I understand why that first group to complete Vault of Glass had a jillion deaths.

not gonna lie, the Souls games gave me infinite patience for this last area in VoG. lol

ME3 Multiplayer is godtier. Imagine a Co op game with a Boderlands Area/Loot but with different aliens races....

laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Flipyap

Destiny is making me want to go back to Warframe, because it felt less like an abusively-designed F2P game.

they're doing shockingly well at this section. silly me, I thought this would be the sticking point.

er, except that they can't seem to figure out the red oracle thing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's a good thing that being forever lost to the dark corners of time only lasts 10 seconds or so. This could go on for a while if it were a harsh penalty.

FStop7

Banned
Here is where Bungie's having cut the story is hurting the gameplay. If the backstory were left intact then they'd understand that when they go through the portals they're traveling forward and back in time.

Top Bottom