• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

anything anyone wants in the OP, can you post it here / PM it to me please

this includes that Premium subscription guide which I don't have to hand right now

all that gif does is frustrate me that rockstar is holding back the PC version. I almost want to reward them for it by waiting till that shit drops in price but man, i've already been waiting for over a year : /

Yup. You can go ahead and skip the first 15 minutes of Bombin' if you have no interest in hearing about the Chicago weather and Klepek family thanksgiving traditions. I wonder if they actually forgot for a moment that they were recording a podcast and were not just talking on the phone.

is this another monday cast where they literally didn't play anything over the weekend?

popo

Yup. You can go ahead and skip the first 15 minutes of Bombin' if you have no interest in hearing about the Chicago weather and Klepek family thanksgiving traditions. I wonder if they actually forgot for a moment that they were recording a podcast and were not just talking on the phone.

santeesioux

Dammit, i said i wasn't going to buy that game again until the PC version was cheap, but the first person mode just looks like too much dumb fun to pass up.

Patryn

I think it was more they realized they didn't have much to talk about. Alex can't talk about WWE 2K15 on current gen, and neither have played Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age. No news happened over the weekend, either.

popo

I think it was more they realized they didn't have much to talk about. Alex can't talk about WWE 2K15 on current gen, and neither have played Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age. No news happened over the weekend, either.

It was a listener questions ep anyway. They could have answered more questions. I think they just wanted a chat - which is fine - it just went on an awful long time. At least bombcast Off Topic is funny.

Whatever anyway, not a big deal.

demidar

It was a listener questions ep anyway. They could have answered more questions. I think they just wanted a chat - which is fine - it just went on an awful long time. At least bombcast Off Topic is funny.

Whatever anyway, not a big deal.

I like Bombing but i wish they'd disagree/challenge each other more. Maybe they need a third chair.

Zaph

During that stream I noticed that GS re-reviewed GTA4 on the PS4. But this time without any mention of misogyny or the treatment of women in-game (which kicked off a huge shit-storm on the last-gen review where it was brought up by Carolyn and included in the negative bullet-points).

Not sure if it's a good thing GS is welcoming of completely different editorial opinions, or a bad thing because they didn't want to deal with the fallout again.

During that stream I noticed that GS re-reviewed GTA4 on the PS4. But this time without any mention of misogyny or the treatment of women in-game (which kicked off a huge shit-storm on the last-gen review where it was brought up by Carolyn and included in the negative bullet-points).

Not sure if it's a good thing GS is welcoming of completely different editorial opinions, or a bad thing because they didn't want to deal with the fallout again.

maybe it's something much less sinister, like that they didn't wish to pay the original writer to reuse her work and the new writer didn't seem to have the same issues with the game?

justjim89

For once one of Dan's twitter rants is sensible and ... dare I say... correct?

tumblr_nf79waLGde1rp5coao1_1280.png

Mully

I'm probably going to buy GTA just because of the addition of first person mode. A lot of the textures look like shit in first person, but I kinda want to experience such a detailed world in first person.

I'm of the opinion that if every first person game disappeared tomorrow, we'd be living in a better world. Even in Fallout 3 with the terrible third person mode, I played a decent chunk of the game that way. What the hell am I doing with my life if I'm playing a Fallout game and can't see my power suit?

Well you're an awful person. First person games are the best, I could just play ImmSims all day long if people made more of them!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

22534 Comments

In all my years on the internet, this must be a new record.

It's so bizarre. I'm really interested in GTAV because of the first-person stuff. But, generally, I don't really like first-person games. Maybe it's because I hate GTA4 so much and first-person makes it seem like enough of a different thing that my brain ignores all of the terrible similarities.

It's so bizarre. I'm really interested in GTAV because of the first-person stuff. But, generally, I don't really like first-person games. Maybe it's because I hate GTA4 so much and first-person makes it seem like enough of a different thing that my brain ignores all of the terrible similarities.

Being fair, I doubt it would play like a first person shooter.

Also, GTAV is a different beast to GTAIV

Being fair, I doubt it would play like a first person shooter.

Also, GTAV is a different beast to GTAIV

I've heard that a lot, usually from people who like GTAIV. I don't trust those people.

Also, I don't know why I typed GTAV and GTA4. I think I was confusing it with MGS, which suddenly changed to roman numerals.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Dan is on point with those tweets. On a side note, its always funny the vitriol that is spit against wrestlers that move on and make a better life for themselves. Its like wrestling fans want those guys to do that shit until they die. If they dont, they are traitors. I remember The Rock getting alot of that for a long time.

valeo

Random (possibly) interesting thing I noticed:

On the Giant Bomb site, there are 1400+ posts in the Dragon Age Inquisition forum.

There are 553 in the Far Cry 4 forum.

People who play long ass RPG's like Dragon Age are more likely to talk about it than someone to likes to shoot Elephants.

Seeing that Cat thing, I am really, really, really happy I took a break from main WWE for the last few months. I know I will come back in 2015 (for Rumble), but the stuff I am seeing in GIFs and hearing about when gone is PRETTY BAD.

Still watching NXT (in Europe, so not on Network), and enjoying that,on it's own. I really don't feel a need to go back to the main product, other than I do not want to miss Rumble

I am not dreading Zayn and Neville getting main roster call ups

Top Bottom