• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

bigkrev

I'm most interested in URL of the year. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Twitch plays Pokemon, because Superhot was last year.

Alex just tooks some questions on bombing and it sounds like both him and Vinny are going to California for goty stuff. Looking forward to the gloriuos chaos that is goty discussions with 7 people in the room.

Myggen

Alex just tooks some questions on bombing and it sounds like both him and Vinny are going to California for goty stuff. Looking forward to the gloriuos chaos that is goty discussions with 7 people in the room.

2566252-jeff_ryan_awesome.gif

I didn't get a chance to watch Bombin' so he might've said something about this, but remember that it's not sure that Vinny's sitting in on the GOTY discussion - he might travel to SF just to help out with the video stuff. But maybe if he does nothing but play video games from now until the GOTY recordings? :p

bigkrev

Would not be surprised if Drew skipped the podcasts to work on editing the GOTY videos instead, if thats the case.

Zaph

They need to turn GOTY into some sort of Big Brother feature this year. Split the 7 into 2 groups (one person is a neutral judge). Have each group do a simultaneous live stream of the deliberations in separate rooms.

Once both groups are finished, compare results and any discrepancies are settled with physical challenges involving slime, weird food and insects.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
california here they come, right back where they started from

strafer

On the stereo
Listen as we go
Nothing's gonna stop me now
California here we come
Right back where we started from
Pedal to the floor
Thinkin' of the roar
Gotta get us to the show
California here we come
Right back where we started from

Myggen

I'm honestly not sure if Drew or Vinny have played more GOTY candidates.

Vinny has played the real GOTY, which is all that matters.

Jazzpunk

But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if Drew isn't on the podcasts. We'll see!

Also, the birds will probably push Far Cry 4 out of Jeff's top 10!

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann · Nov 14

Here is my in-progress Far Cry 4 review: “Far Cry 3 but with insidious birds seriously fuck those birds oh god birds run Run RUN 4/5"

I was relieved when Jeff admitted that he spent money on last weeks UPF, because I expected him to having played 10-15k matches from the cards he talked about on the Bombcast.

Yeah, probably.

I had wondered about that myself because I dont think he is too far from the amount I have played but my cards were a lot lower but of a consistant level.

Patryn

I was relieved when Jeff admitted that he spent money on it during last weeks UPF, because I expected him to having played 10-15k matches from the cards he talked about on the Bombcast.

I recall somewhere he admitted that earlier, and talked about how it screwed him over, because it gave him one Epic card, which pushed him into the Epic tier when the rest of his cards weren't ready.

Myggen

Is their any moderation on the GS forums ? I just saw a forum about downloading key generators and Farcry 4 for free.

Haha. There's not much moderation on GS in general. Openly homophobic comments stay up forever on articles/videos about LGBT issues (see the second of the ten WoW videos for an example). There's not a lot of active mods on GS anymore it seems.

edit:

Vincent Caravella @VinnyCaravella · 1 hour ago

Trying to convince my wife that owning Far Cry and Dragon Age are more important than us buying doorknobs for the house. I think I got this.

Haha. There's not much moderation on GS in general. Openly homophobic comments stay up forever on articles/videos about LGBT issues (see the second of the ten WoW videos for an example). There's not a lot of active mods on GS anymore it seems.

That sounds awful.

Also never noticed the Gif thumbnail of Giant Bomb Premium Fun video.

So even though I expect brad to argue against it, is there any possibility that anything else other than Destiny wins "most disappointing?"

Unity is definitely getting scores lower than maybe expected but none of them care about that franchise anyway. NBA2k15 has network issues AGAIN, but it's a sports game and no one cares anyway.

Brad tried to throw out watch dogs a few weeks ago to deflect but Jeff shrugged that off. With Jeff, Dan, Drew, Alexis(not part of it but still..) and Alex all being at minimum excited for Destiny, and all of them being super let down by it, there's nothing else close right?

Phediuk

Why is everyone so sure that Dragon Age is out of the running for GB GOTY? They did pick Skyrim in 2011 (albeit with considerable resistance.)

Patryn

Why is everyone so sure that Dragon Age is out of the running for GB GOTY? They did pick Skyrim in 2011 (albeit with considerable resistance.)

Nobody is playing it, beyond possibly Patrick. They farmed the review out to Rorie. Jeff is extremely negative discussing it.

Basically, there will be no champion for it in the room, and you'll have Jeff actively arguing against it.

I don't see it making the top 10 much less challenging for GOTY.

Giant Bomb just isn't really a big RPG site. This is a consequence of that.

LeBart

They all played Skyrim and they all thought it was awesome. Not really the same situation. At best DA makes it to the top 10 if Vinny plays enough of it and likes it, but no way in hell it's their overall game of the year.

Bacon

I hope the goty videos are better this year. I'm sure they are a ton of extra work but last years were completely forgettable.

Patryn

I also suspect that a major difference between Skyrim and Dragon Age is the perspective.

I think Jeff especially has a bias towards games in the first-person perspective.

There's nothing wrong with that, but it helps him overcome the other elements of Skyrim that he'd dislike.

I hope the goty videos are better this year. I'm sure they are a ton of extra work but last years were completely forgettable.

This year they have Ryckert's writing power. I'm really interested in what they come up with.

I don't think anything will ever surpass the Office parody for me.

Bacon

This year they have Ryckert's writing power. I'm really interested in what they come up with.

I don't think anything will ever surpass the Office parody for me.

Office parody was great. That whole year was fantastic. I wonder how much was Vinny's creativity, he seems like the kind of guy who could come up with all that stuff.

Phediuk

What the hell will win the "Biggest Surprise" award?

They did all seem pleasantly surprised by Wolfenstein, but that's all I've got.

What the hell will win the "Biggest Surprise" award?

They did all seem pleasantly surprised by Wolfenstein, but that's all I've got.

I think this would easily go to Mordor. Nobody was talking about it until that game came out and surprised everyone that it was more than just playable.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think this would easily go to Mordor. Nobody was talking about it until that game came out and surprised everyone that it was more than just playable.

Yeah, Mordor in a whole lot of ways echoes the Batman Arkham series. Not just from aping the entire combat system, but a lot of people really didn't give any attention to Asylum before it was out despite a lot of positive impressions. Then the game came out and everybody gets caught by surprise when it was actually good and not just pre-release fluff and hype.

So I glanced at the front page to listen to the archive of Bombin' and...

12663a16bea2ed7317f4ecd1088c7ffa.png

What the hell GB? Four months away and you're putting this on the "coming up" section? I mean it's nice to know this is planned but wow.

Xater

So I glanced at the front page to listen to the archive of Bombin' and...

12663a16bea2ed7317f4ecd1088c7ffa.png

What the hell GB? Four months away and you're putting this on the "coming up" section? I mean it's nice to know this is planned but wow.

That has been on the schedule since it was announced when it would end.

Would not be surprised if Drew skipped the podcasts to work on editing the GOTY videos instead, if thats the case.

Even if he doesn't exactly drive the discussion, I hope Drew's there. He deserves it + a Drew & Patrick alliance is also the only way Hearthstone gets in the top 10.

Top Bottom