• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did legitimately spend about half an hour trying (eventually succeeding) to connect a third party x360 wireless adapter to my win7 pc this weekend

windows 7 is really shit for plug and play sometimes most of the time
That's not really on Windows 7, is it. Their official stuff (like you'd almost always use on console) works flawlessly. Glad it worked in the end though!

Listening to that email response section on the console vs PC bit made me shake head almost all the whole way through. I was thinking "this is why we can't have nice things".
I thought the original email was pretty reasonable, but to see the comments sections and think that people got genuinely up in arms at the lukewarm comments by the crew is crazy.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Primal looks like somebody said "Hey, remember Blood Dragon? Let's make something like that but in 10.000 BC!"
and then somebody else said "Ok, but make it a 60$ game, so just take whatever you wanted to do and triple it in size!"

That's not really on Windows 7, is it. Their official stuff (like you'd almost always use on console) works flawlessly.

disagree, since I had trouble installing my xbo controller too.

that one was extra fun because MS doesn't actually just let you download the driver anymore (they say to use windows update, which of course didn't work)

FC Primal is a full game made out of the worst parts of FC4.
They kept the animal buddies, exploration, and resource gathering while eliminating the boring gun stuff and dumb gyrocopter. If it were shorter and less monotonous, I'd say it would be a must buy for me.

tuxfool

Banned
They kept the animal buddies, exploration, and resource gathering while eliminating the boring gun stuff and dumb gyrocopter. If it were shorter and less monotonous, I'd say it would be a must buy for me.

Surely if it is monotonous, it is because they kept those things?

Quick off topic question, if I'm buying a Mortal Kombat game on PC just to play single player (story mode or whatever) should I go for 9 or X? I can get either for less than 10 euros so price isn't really an issue.

Quick off topic question, if I'm buying a Mortal Kombat game on PC just to play single player (story mode or whatever) should I go for 9 or X? I can get either for less than 10 euros so price isn't really an issue.

9 has more single player content and a better story mode so I'd go with that.

kAmui-

I'm going to shamelessly shill myself here but:

I wanted to brush up on some nodejs and basic api stuff and started messing around with the giant bomb api. I made this twitter bot that currently tweets every time a new game gets added in the gb wiki. I have some new features I want to add too. So if you want to be a cool guy like one Matthew Rorie go here and follow my GBWikiBot =)

It's bee running for a few days so far and seems to be working properly, but I'm not exactly a professional (yet!) with this stuff so don't be surprised if there's a bug that makes the bot completely shit the bed.

Thanks, bye.

Jeff's review makes it sound like Primal was originally a Blood Dragon-sized installment that got inflated into a $60 bloatfest at some point in development, which is a bummer.

Keep thinking I should be into Far Cry Primal. Really liked Far Cry 3 and 4. Excited for Wild and Horizon. Going back a ways, I was sad when B.C. dropped. But Far Cry Primal is one dull looking game.

Myggen

I wanted to brush up on some nodejs and basic api stuff and started messing around with the giant bomb api. I made this twitter bot that currently tweets every time a new game gets added in the gb wiki. I have some new features I want to add too. So if you want to be a cool guy like one Matthew Rorie go here and follow my GBWikiBot =)

It's bee running for a few days so far and seems to be working properly, but I'm not exactly a professional (yet!) with this stuff so don't be surprised if there's a bug that makes the bot completely shit the bed.

Thanks, bye.

That's pretty cool!

Thanks, bye.

You got a GitHub link for that? Wouldn't mind taking a peek at how you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom