• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone actually enjoy the Division beta this weekend? I can't tell if that game will be good or not.

I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait to play the full game. I think some people who only played the open beta were a bit disillusioned by the Dark Zone, but I really hope they don't tone it down.

kAmui-

You got a GitHub link for that? Wouldn't mind taking a peek at how you did it.

I'll definitely add it to GitHub, I just haven't gotten around to it yet (I know it's not a big task). I'll try to do that tomorrow at the latest. I'll be sure to post here when I do.

someone in the FCR review thread mentioned that Jeff's byline was attention seeking and that from the many hours he has viewed the game on streams that Jeff was just wrong.

I don't even know why i go into review threads.

How'd they change it from beta to beta? Or am I misreading

I mean I hope they don't change it much for the final release. The open beta brought a lot of newer players that were fresh meat for more experienced rogues, which seems to have resulted in a lot of bitching about the DZ being "unfair".

Teddified

someone in the FCR review thread mentioned that Jeff's byline was attention seeking and that from the many hours he has viewed the game on streams that Jeff was just wrong.

Yeah i mainly avoid such things these days, at most I skim. It's one reason I never will be personally looking forward to "meltdowns" as some people seem to be chomping at the bit for.

I mean I hope they don't change it much for the final release. The open beta brought a lot of newer players that were fresh meat for more experienced rogues, which seems to have resulted in a lot of bitching about the DZ being "unfair".

Ah ok, I did DZ stuff for an hour or two and it seemed all right. The mechanics of it make for interesting multiplayer scenarios and it will definitely be more interesting in a non-beta environment. I didn't get killed by players too much during my time, didn't seem to be too hard to notice when rogues were camping an extraction.

Nice, I'll definitely grab that before I start the story mode. I played through the tutorial and reaffirmed myself that a) I can't play fighting games and b) I can't use d-pads.
I'm going to shamelessly shill myself here but:

I wanted to brush up on some nodejs and basic api stuff and started messing around with the giant bomb api. I made this twitter bot that currently tweets every time a new game gets added in the gb wiki. I have some new features I want to add too. So if you want to be a cool guy like one Matthew Rorie go here and follow my GBWikiBot =)

It's bee running for a few days so far and seems to be working properly, but I'm not exactly a professional (yet!) with this stuff so don't be surprised if there's a bug that makes the bot completely shit the bed.

Thanks, bye.
That's cool. I spent a couple of nights last week finding out what's wrong with the search in Luchadeer for Android - turns out it's using the wrong API for searching videos. I'm not sure if it's worth fixing (there doesn't seem to be active development on it) or if I'll just switch to Video Buddy.

Both of these statements are still mind boggling even though you see them multiple times in review threads. I don't think that there will ever be a day where I understand why people get upset at reviews.

Lunar FC

Did anyone actually enjoy the Division beta this weekend? I can't tell if that game will be good or not.

I played about 8 hours and mostly enjoyed it. But there are many aspects about it that I am deffinatly skeptical about. But currently it's a buy for me.

jaina

I'm going to shamelessly shill myself here but:

I wanted to brush up on some nodejs and basic api stuff and started messing around with the giant bomb api. I made this twitter bot that currently tweets every time a new game gets added in the gb wiki. I have some new features I want to add too. So if you want to be a cool guy like one Matthew Rorie go here and follow my GBWikiBot =)

It's bee running for a few days so far and seems to be working properly, but I'm not exactly a professional (yet!) with this stuff so don't be surprised if there's a bug that makes the bot completely shit the bed.

Thanks, bye.
following and ready to pm bugs

Twilight Princess.
Although Dan would probably review that and he seems to like it. So that's gonna be a 4/5 if they even review it.
I think Dan mostly plays it for Bombcast / QL impressions. If he only enjoys it on a <=3 level, he won't finish it and write a review.

Keep thinking I should be into Far Cry Primal. Really liked Far Cry 3 and 4. Excited for Wild and Horizon. Going back a ways, I was sad when B.C. dropped. But Far Cry Primal is one dull looking game.
Wild and Horizon are 3rd person. Much better! (for me)

DamnBoxes

I'm cautiously optimistic about The Division. Had a blast in both betas but I'm really only in it for the Dark Zone shenanigans with friends. Curious to see how much content there is at launch.

Brashnir

what if somebody reviewed Giant Bomb staff and gave Vinny a 3/5

seems legit.

I mean, you don't even get the Small Businessman character with the game anymore. They'll probably sell it later as DLC. You also only have live access to Vinny content at specific time intervals, which is the most ridiculous form of always-on DRM I've ever encountered.

LiK

I am pretty excited for what could be the grand finale of MGS. seems like Dan and Jason might just have Drew watch the rest instead of grinding to see those certain Story missions.

jaina

My fault, 2 posts after I had called the Monster Factory thread an OT for all things McElroy, jon bones created the thread. /s

It's really comforting to see how close their TVs are now. Legible text and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom