• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Props to Xavier for powering through three. I couldn't handle one of those things.

Double Dash is great. It helps prove the Gamecube rule that the Gamecube edition of all of Nitnendo's franchises was the best. Wind Waker, Melee, Double Dash, Mario Power Tennis, Metroid Prime, Star Fox Adventures, etc. Even non Nintendo stuff like RE4 and the superior version of MGS1. Which isn't really saying much, but still.

kvk1

CnabKgr.gif

when you're brad and you haven't spoiled a game in 5 minutes

#mememondays

justjim89

The advancement of peppers the past several years seems staggering, at least from the perspective of my bland white midwestern palette. Seems like only a few years ago everybody was calling habaneros the hottest pepper in the world on food shows and shit, but since then it's been like this dick measuring contest of upping the ante. Habaneros ain't shit, it's all about ghost peppers! Ghost peppers ain't shit, it's all about this pepper that's only identified by a letter and 6 numbers!

Like, I tried jalapenos on my Subway once and it kinda ruined my dinner.

ArjanN

The slapstick in the latest Beastcast was too thick. It was funny that one episode, but it it's too much to be a regular thing.

Yeah, I mean, it's still funny, but I got a bit of a Idle Thumbs vibe, in that half the time any real discussion gets sidetracked for 20 minutes by people making wacky bird noises and improv comedy. I'm sure it's tough trying to balance that though.

The advancement of peppers the past several years seems staggering, at least from the perspective of my bland white midwestern palette. Seems like only a few years ago everybody was calling habaneros the hottest pepper in the world on food shows and shit, but since then it's been like this dick measuring contest of upping the ante. Habaneros ain't shit, it's all about ghost peppers! Ghost peppers ain't shit, it's all about this pepper that's only identified by a letter and 6 numbers!

Honestly, it pretty much is just a dick measuring contest. Anything that hot completely dominates the flavor of whatever you're eating.

The war continues until someone breeds a plant to just blow capsaicin bubbles.

kvothe

I'm really surprised that Brad didn't bring up Dying Light in the Far Cry: Primal QL. A lot of similarities between those games considering the first person melee-oriented combat. I just got Dying Light and that game is rad; I think I'd be pretty bored with Primal's combat as a result.

Shortest QL incoming?

chHTKcR.png

What's to Quick Look? Can't they just reuse the footage from UPF and call it a day? There's not much more to say about the game. I guess it's an excuse to play more on camera. Which, I bet they're going to do this week on UPF... again. Though, I necessarily wouldn't mind. It looked kinda fun. Even Jeff seemed to be getting into it a bit. Scoops even streamed some today (he has a higher score than Jeff, but trails Brad).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What's to Quick Look? Can't they just reuse the footage from UPF and call it a day? There's not much more to say about the game. I guess it's an excuse to play more on camera. Which, I bet they're going to do this week on UPF... again. Though, I necessarily wouldn't mind. It looked kinda fun. Even Jeff seemed to be getting into it a bit. Scoops even streamed some today (he has a higher score than Brad).

Dan to reveal how you can dagger in a way that reveals a deeper meaning in the whole game.

justjim89

I don't think I'd like Devil Daggers. It looks just frustratingly hard, and boring too with no real level design or variety and just more of the same enemies. I can appreciate the skill based challenge of it and the fact that it was just made by a few people, but that is not my kinda game.

Plus the look of it makes me think of metal music and that's never a good thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think I'd like Devil Daggers. It looks just frustratingly hard, and boring too with no real level design or variety and just more of the same enemies. I can appreciate the skill based challenge of it and the fact that it was just made by a few people, but that is not my kinda game.

Plus the look of it makes me think of metal music and that's never a good thing.

Making me think of metal music is always a positive thing.

Brad was talking up some real yang though. It looks nothing like a cannibal corpse album. Has he ever glanced at any cannibal corpse album? Goddamn poser.

Bacon

What's to Quick Look? Can't they just reuse the footage from UPF and call it a day? There's not much more to say about the game. I guess it's an excuse to play more on camera. Which, I bet they're going to do this week on UPF... again. Though, I necessarily wouldn't mind. It looked kinda fun. Even Jeff seemed to be getting into it a bit. Scoops even streamed some today (he has a higher score than Jeff, but trails Brad).

Well I mean there are some people who aren't premium members and don't watch UPF

daydream

Banned
the problem isn't qls of games they played on upf, the problem is using upf as vehicle for playing random new steam releases instead of focusing on backlog and retro titles (aka what upf was in its inception)

mind, this is obsolete criticism in the case of devil daggers since it was the only thing last upf had going for it

the problem isn't qls of games they played on upf, the problem is using upf as vehicle for playing random new steam releases instead of focusing on backlog and retro titles (aka what upf was in its inception)

mind, this is obsolete criticism in the case of devil daggers since it was the only thing last upf had going for it

well thankfully they have another weekly feature where they play retro ga- oh wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom