• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Hearing the Vive talk on the Bombcast really drove home how burnt out I am on VR prior to the hardware even releasing. I don't fault them for talking it, it's obviously big news. Oculus' massive run up has absolutely decimated any interest I have in the tech. Maybe someday a game will release to make me care and the price will come down, but as it stands nothing has even come close to justifying the hardware and hype.

TraBuch

Banned
I bought some Korean food but the directions are all in Korean and I don't read Korean. Guess I'll just have to go with it.

FStop7

Banned
GBE Playdate: Far Cry 2
PREMIUM LIVE SHOW ON FEB 24, 2016 02:00 PM

This'll be cool!

Brown-Bear-Clapping-69942.gif

Amazing choice, thank god not another FMV monstrosity

justjim89

Let's hash out some Zelda pronunciations here.

For me:

e-PO-na the horse

kuh-KAY-ri-ko village

ah-cuh-REE-nah of time

My friends and I used to get into fights about this kinda shit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I genuinely don't understand Jeff's opinions on Majora's Mask especially in context of his feelings about Twilight Princess. His problem with TP appears to be that its so structurally similar to Ocarina, but then Majora's Mask apparently departs from the structure too far?

I genuinely don't understand Jeff's opinions on Majora's Mask especially in context of his feelings about Twilight Princess. His problem with TP appears to be that its so structurally similar to Ocarina, but then Majora's Mask apparently departs from the structure too far?

Jeff is most certainly wrong about Majora's Mask, but his specific stances on these two games are not contradictory.

yami4ct

The problem with Majora's Mask isn't that it changes things up. It's that the components of that game are kind of bad. Dungeon design is boring and there aren't enough of them. The repetition is more boring than interesting.

Twilight Princess is an OK, if a bit safe Zelda game.

Marjoa's Mask is one of the few Zelda games that might be actively bad.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jeff is most certainly wrong about Majora's Mask, but his specific stances on these two games are not contradictory.

I guess I don't know what he wants from a Zelda game. If Twilight Princess is too structurally close to Ocarina than Majora's Mask seems like just the sort of structural deviation he would value, even if the quality of the gameplay is questionable in places

Just play Wind Waker and you will have seen everything good The Legend of Zelda series has to offer, anything else is a waste of time.

*scratches head*

I love Wind Waker but it's got a lot of guff. So many other games in the series have more (not necessarily better or worse, just more) good ideas more evenly spread throughout their journeys.

OoT remains the quintessential first Zelda.

I guess I don't know what he wants from a Zelda game. If Twilight Princess is too structurally close to Ocarina than Majora's Mask seems like just the sort of structural deviation he would value, even if the quality of the gameplay is questionable in places

I mean, what he wants from a Zelda game is Wind Waker. And he got it.

yami4ct

The thing that makes me most excited for Zelda Wii U is it might finally capture the sense of adventure that makes me love Windwaker so much. If they can pull off that feat, it's going to be a special game.

I'm a big fan of Majora's Mask, but much of what it does new is half-baked. I'd love if its ideas were expanded on. In a sense, Dead Rising and the Way of the Samurai series do just that.

The thing that makes me most excited for Zelda Wii U is it might finally capture the sense of adventure that makes me love Windwaker so much. If they can pull off that feat, it's going to be a special game.

That's what I liked about it too, I hope Zelda Wii U follows the same design philosophy.

please expand on this

It's how much of the main and side-quests are figuratively about finding a key to a lock. The Kafei quest and the like that ask you to learn the patterns of the world shows how rich the concept could be. And the time limit and cycles becomes a less important element outside of Clock Town and Termina field. I'll say, replaying Majora's Mask on 3DS both changed my perception of it and reaffirmed my adoration of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom