• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
whsW0cp.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Twitter is the absolute opposite of personal, except when it's hidden.

People treat it like it is though.

Like ostensibly you're posting for people who follow you, it's just that most of the time the public can have a look in too.

Also it's not like everyone uses social media in the same way. Also it's not like she's a prominently public figure who expects weirdos to post her tweets on a fan forum.

TraBuch

Banned
People treat it like it is though.

Like ostensibly you're posting for people who follow you, it's just that most of the time the public can have a look in too.

Also it's not like everyone uses social media in the same way. Also it's not like she's a prominently public figure who expects weirdos to post her tweets on a fan forum.
She's a GB fan that posts on Reddit, I'm sure she knows what to expect.

Toparaman

Banned
Just play Wind Waker and you will have seen everything good The Legend of Zelda series has to offer, anything else is a waste of time.

3D Zelda is one of the few game series where every entry is worth playing, because they're all unique, and they're all good. Twilight Princess being a possible exception to the rule, since it apes a lot of Ocarina. But it's still good.

Grand Theft Auto (3D, non-handheld) and Metal Gear Solid are the two other series that come to mind.

Megasoum

Banned
Just play Wind Waker and you will have seen everything good The Legend of Zelda series has to offer, anything else is a waste of time.

I replayed WindWaker when I bought my WiiU and was really bummed by it.

There's a clear lack of dungeons, the ones that are there are super repetitive and it got really boring real quick.

justjim89

I remember thinking it was the stupidest thing in the world that clearing a roadblock or whatever didn't actually clear it out and that the dudes were always there.

I can understand them respawning after a few days or something, since you can't exactly guard them, but yeah they respawned way too quick. I modded that out pretty early on in my time with it.

Still, I like how the landscape of Far Cry 2 felt like something to be conquered. It was actively rejecting you at every front instead of bending over backwards to make you feel like a cool guy. Also I liked the in-universe fast travel. I've always preferred that to just having fast travel from a menu that you can access anywhere. Fuck that.

Fireblend

Banned
Here's my guide to playing the good Zelda games:

Is it 3D? Skip it.*
Is it on DS? Skip it.

Play the rest.

*: Majora's Mask is the only decent 3D Zelda game. That one's ok. I'm currently playing through the Oracle games though, and damn are those good Zelda games.

Myggen

Are playdates the one where they try to finish a game?

That's going to be a pretty long one if it is.

Doesn't have to be, no. They've done one-off Playdates before. It's just GBEast's catch all name for playing a random game on a Premium stream.

Jintor

Metroid Fusion is great and I like Spirit Tracks and Link Between Worlds so you're fired is what i'm saying

/edit minor corollary: fusion is nowhere near as good as super metroid but aside from that you're golden

Brashnir

Metroid Fusion is great and I like Spirit Tracks and Link Between Worlds so you're fired is what i'm saying

/edit minor corollary: fusion is nowhere near as good as super metroid but aside from that you're golden

Fusion was on GBA, not DS.

ALBW was also not on DS. (though I guess it is 3D)

justjim89

Metroid Fusion and Prime were my first Metroid games. I got them both for the same Christmas. What a great day. I still wish they'd make a game set after Fusion.

Teddified

I have a soft spot for Links Awakening. I also liked both the Oracle games and Minish cap.

I liked pretty much all the 3D Zeldas too, I just got rid of my Wii before Skyward Sword so I never played that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Without this weird mistaken idea that Metroid Fusion was worth a damn, Other M wouldn't exist.

How'd we get here again?

justjim89

Other M wasn't that bad.

It wasn't a great game and the voice acting and writing was pretty bad, but I had a lot of fun with the game. I don't mind my Metroid being a bit more structured, the openness of Super Metroid has always kept me from beating it, because I never know what the fuck to do at a certain point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom