• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

My prevailing Rorie theory is that he's the perfect person to take over Jeff's spot when he's away. Both of them have eclectic tastes in games, both have some eccentric quirks in their personal lives and know it, and both leave you shaking your head multiple times a podcast.

My favourite piece of Giant Bomb content that will never happen is...

Breaking Brad: Road to Champion's Road
LE4ZoXul.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGaIz5E7YU

Good challenge, and nice colorful fun game to get away from the usually darker games he takes on for Breaking Brad.

KingKong

I want to see Dan play through the classic PC titles he missed. Can you even imagine the comments section when he's going through Deus Ex or Thief

Watched the Walking Dead Michonne QL. It's really amazing how little those games have changed over the past few years.

Tales from the Borderlands felt much fresher to me.

That, The Wolf Among Us, and Walking Dead Season One are all good Telltale stuff.

Game of Thrones is the bottom of the barrel - so bad. I dont have an opinion on this Michonne series yet.

Rorie reminds me of the guy in line with you at a convention that talks too much.

Sure, he brings a certain energy to the table but I'm really not trying to hear that shit.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
My favourite piece of Giant Bomb content that will never happen is...

Breaking Brad: Road to Champion's Road
LE4ZoXul.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGaIz5E7YU

Good challenge, and nice colorful fun game to get away from the usually darker games he takes on for Breaking Brad.

Champion's Road is a real fucker in that game. My roommate and I almost beat it co-op but ran out of time within sight of the flagpole. This would be the best Breaking Brad that will never ever happen.

santeesioux

Watched the Walking Dead Michonne QL. It's really amazing how little those games have changed over the past few years.

I loved the first season of the Walking Dead game series or w/e you would call it, but still haven't gotten around to season 2 because every Telltale game looks the same to me.

Playing Tales From the Borderlands you could practically feel the engine straining to hold up throughout. It's a small miracle they were able to get as much out of it as they did.

And by amazing you actually mean sad, right?
Yes.
Tales from the Borderlands felt much fresher to me.

That, The Wolf Among Us, and Walking Dead Season One are all good Telltale stuff.

Game of Thrones is the bottom of the barrel - so bad. I dont have an opinion on this Michonne series yet.

I'm glad Tales from the Borderlands was better, but nothing I saw made me interested in the least. I tried Game of Thrones and got like half way through before stopping.

TraBuch

Banned
I love Giant Bomb and all but god I wish they were better about letting everyone know when stuff is happening. Jeff mentioned on UPF that Game Tapes will be coming this week, why can't he be a bit more specific? If he can't be specific, why not just say why? Are there any plans for another Mario Party Party? Plans for Wednesday streams to start more regularly again? If not, just say so so people aren't always waiting on Wednesday to see if a stream's gonna pop up on the schedule.

It's always annoyed the shit out of me.

Just a reminder that Tales from the Borderlands's first episode is free on most platforms. Unless you really can't spare an hour and a half, or just hate that style of adventure/narrative games, there really isn't much of an excuse to not at least give it a try.

I love Giant Bomb and all but god I wish they were better about letting everyone know when stuff is happening. Jeff mentioned on UPF that Game Tapes will be coming this week, why can't he be a bit more specific? If he can't be specific, why not just say why? Are there any plans for another Mario Party Party? Plans for Wednesday streams to start more regularly again? If not, just say so so people aren't always waiting on Wednesday to see if a stream's gonna pop up on the schedule.

They can't be specific because they don't know. It's better not to say anything, than to say something and for it to not happen.

fwpx

I enjoy Rorie when he is on, but by the time it is done I AM READY FOR HIM TO BE GONE FOR A WHILE.

This is kinda like when my parents come to visit. I'm excited for them to show up, but after a few hours THEY CAN GO HOME NOW.

The only time when they were sure of something was the PlayStation Home stream. Set it up so damn far in advance.

Frith

wait

is giant bomb a skinner box?

ed: jeffs normal answer to all of this is to give less information if your gonna get angry. i can kinda see his point its a bit like the bombcast you can cope with getting it when its ready the other option is to hold it till wednesday morning so its "regular".

Jeff mentioned on UPF that Game Tapes will be coming this week, why can't he be a bit more specific? If he can't be specific, why not just say why?
Because if they commit to a date and then it doesn't happen, people might get annoyed?
Maybe the production isn't done yet?
Maybe...etc.

(I'd rather he spent his time working than giving incremental updates that won't matter once the content is out)
Are there any plans for another Mario Party Party?
No, they're stopping at 5.
Plans for Wednesday streams to start more regularly again?
There was a stream last Wednesday. Want something today? Watch a previous stream you haven't before!
Tell me about it! Annoying shit *is* annoying!!!

LiK

i guess they probably aren't sure of when a video encoding is finished or when upload of said video is finished in time to post an exact time if it's in a queue. better to just leave it vague until it's fully done.

Strax

I don't think its unreasonable to want them to have a something other then the Beastcast and UPF on their schedule since they show it on their homepage. It feels like a strange halfstep, I know sometimes we get "________ Quick look" one day before it goes online but thats about it. If they were pumping out content left and right I'd understand but they are doing 1-1.5 video per day in 2016 and thats taking premium videos in to that number.

Kerbal, Beastcast and UPF are kind of the constants of the the upcoming , if they've got a batch of QL's ready then they'll appear a couple of days before but everything else tends to appear a few hours before.

jaina

It's tough. I need some time to ponder my feelings about their content strategy and how I'd want it and the communication improved.

There's the potential problem of too much (medium quality) content I don't have the time for.
The volatility in their daily duties, availability of review copies, everything needs at least a 2 person team, premium vs. FFA.

Hoping for beast pumping out a stream today.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think its unreasonable to want them to have a something other then the Beastcast and UPF on their schedule since they show it on their homepage. It feels like a strange halfstep, I know sometimes we get "________ Quick look" one day before it goes online but thats about it. If they were pumping out content left and right I'd understand but they are doing 1-1.5 video per day in 2016 and thats taking premium videos in to that number.

I suspect their response will be to just move to NOT putting things other than livestreams into that box rather than updating it more frequently.

I just finished the latest Project BEAST (Episode 10) and I still can't wrap myself around this series. I basically had it on as mostly background noise for about an hour and 45 minutes, but when something actually does happen, the tension is crazy. With that said, it looks like the teaser at the end makes it clear that
they make it past the other part of the rocket that was faling to Earth, so it's very likely that they landed safely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom