• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
If they do a BLLSL this year, they need to do another segment where the introduce Blight Club. Just play it totally straight faced as a new feature.

Then never actually have any episodes the following year.

Rinse and repeat every year.

ahhahahah

daydream

Banned
i mean, who wants to deliberately play bad games. look at how rarely we get mpp. it doesn't surprise me that a feature explicitly focused on garbage (as opposed to, you know, clandestinely) hasn't even received its first episode, yet

i mean, who wants to deliberately play bad games. look at how rarely we get mpp. it doesn't surprise me that a feature explicitly focused on garbage (as opposed to, you know, clandestinely) hasn't even received its first episode, yet
I mean, if Alex isn't reviewing bad games then he still needs to be exposed to them somehow.

Megasoum

Banned
If they do a BLLSL this year, they need to do another segment where the introduce Blight Club. Just play it totally straight faced as a new feature.

Then never actually have any episodes the following year.

Rinse and repeat every year.

I actually just hope there won't be a BLLSL this year. What a waste of weeks of prepping for some ok content at best.

Jintor

i never thought i'd say this but i'm rapidly approaching sans/undertale skeleton saturation point on tumblr. holy shit.

Oh man, Max Payne talk again. Love the series but MP3 is my favorite one.

pUgRO.gif

Also, in Arcade mode you can skip most if not all cutscenes. Seems like no one played Arcade mode, which is a shame because it's hilarious when unlocking the various skins.

I say forget BBLSL and do a return to form for the 24 hour charity stream. No more spreading it out with people at home. We want everyone together in the studio. It's gotten much more boring the last two years.

Myggen

Yeah, but if resources need to be spent to plan anything I'd rather have one more than the other.

Those events are so far apart I doubt they impact each other in any way. The Extra Live stuff probably doesn't require very much planning, it's not like they're booking many guests for it or have segments. The thing that's keeping it from being 24 hours in the studio with more people present is, I'm guessing, that not many people on the staff are interested in doing it.

Megasoum

Banned
I need to give Max Payne 3 another try at some point.

All I remember about it was that it was very difficult and you wre interrupted by cutscenes every 30 seconds.

Those events are so far apart I doubt they impact each other in any way. The Extra Live stuff probably doesn't require very much planning, it's not like they're booking many guests for it or have segments. The thing that's keeping it from being 24 hours in the studio with more people present is, I'm guessing, that not many people on the staff are interested in doing it.

Yeah, it almost feels like an obligation at this point because if they quit that's a lot of money for charity that's being missed out on.

also as someone in their age bracket, it's pretty hard to do that to yourself

sleep deprivation is a young man's game

skynidas

Banned
I don't understand why Drew is still on the bombcast, he literally is there just to interrupt the flow of the conversation. And he never plays any game to talk about in an interesting way.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't understand why Drew is still on the bombcast, he literally is there just to interrupt the flow of the conversation. And he never plays any game to talk about in an interesting way.
It's because Drew has some serious dirt on Jeff and since Jeff hates Brad he would hate it if Drew told Brad the dirt

LiK

I just found Maxy Payne to be a serious that takes itself seriously. I can't enjoy that in a video game.

i never found it taking itself too seriously. they make it seem that way but the goofy Max Payne face, bullet-time shooting, hilarious mobster VO and over-the-top finale was pure camp to me. MP2 was way more serious, imo.

when he interrupts with a question or quip sometimes, it results in a much more interesting conversation. Drew is underrated.

Patryn

Something that they let slip a few weeks back that I hadn't realized on my own is that apparently they're on a regular schedule of Jason and Drew trading weeks.

Now, watch me be proven totally wrong, but Drew I think dropped a comment talking about the problems with e-mails and him only being on every other Bombcast.

Something that they let slip a few weeks back that I hadn't realized on my own is that apparently they're on a regular schedule of Jason and Drew trading weeks.

Now, watch me be proven totally wrong, but Drew I think dropped a comment talking about the problems with e-mails and him only being on every other Bombcast.

Yeah, Brad made a comment about sometimes having to sit on an email for two weeks since it was directed at either Jason or Drew.

Pokemon Gold and Silver are amazing and Game Freak has been spinning its wheels ever since.

I remember hearing back in the day that in the GBA games they didnt pull the same "and the entire previous games landmass is available to explore post credits" thing and was bummed out.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
We all know Drew is just there to appeal to the millennial audience and single women.
Jeff appeals to people who hate videogames and think they are all stupid,
Dan is there for the <10 demographic and Brad is just there because he owns his own microphone and it would be too inconvenient to buy a new one.

pizzacat

Banned
i don't even care if drew talked about something else outside of videogames, he's just not good in the bombcast, he says things that don't make sense and are borderline cringey
You can't handle the hot takes™ from one Drew Scanlon

Who else will do the Banjo laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom