• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just found out (or was reminded) that the only way Nintendo released the Zelda Windwaker HD OST was through Club Nintendo Japan.

Damn it, Nintendo. Release it on iTunes or directly through you guys or something. I'll pay for that shit. I wish publishers did a better job of letting me actually buy their game music.

japan not understanding or not caring about digital or international music sales is something that irritates me on a daily basis.

yami4ct

japan not understanding or not caring about digital or international music sales is something that irritates me on a daily basis.

Nintendo has been putting up the Pokemon soundtracks on iTunes, so there's progress. Game Publishers in general aren't great about releasing game music in the west. In Japan, you get the occasional OST for a big game like Persona or Fire Emblem Fates, but over here you're lucky to get one in a special edition and even that is likely just select tracks.

And I feel you about Japan in general. There is quite a bit of J-pop I would buy, but literally the only way would be to pay through the nose and import a physical CD. It sucks.

Nintendo has been putting up the Pokemon soundtracks on iTunes, so there's progress. Game Publishers in general aren't great about releasing game music in the west. In Japan, you get the occasional OST for a big game like Persona or Fire Emblem Fates, but over here you're lucky to get one in a special edition and even that is likely just select tracks.

And I feel you about Japan in general. There is quite a bit of J-pop I would buy, but literally the only way would be to pay through the nose and import a physical CD. It sucks.

Falcom knows their shit.

It looks like I'm watching RAW instead of just listening to Review-a-Raw, which in general is more consistently entertaining.
I'm watching Togetherness and this song by a band called Neon Indian started playing and I really dug it. Anyone here listen to them? Any albums worth checking out?

WNCVJdsl.jpg

Psychic Chasms is a chill.wave classic right up there with Washed Out "Life of Leisure" and Toro y Moi "Causers of This". They're dancey, but also totally suited for zoning out on a long drive or just hanging out.

I really like "Ephemeral Artery" on Pcyshic Chasms. It's a really mushy bobby sounding album.

Does anyone know what kind of security setup Jeff has? The one with the motion sensor, internet camera and sends notifications to his phone?

Asking because I came home to a break in.

Does anyone know what kind of security setup Jeff has? The one with the motion sensor, internet camera and sends notifications to his phone?

I don't know, but this does it. Ring brand doorbells. Sorry about that. I've had multiple break ins and car thefts, it feels so bad.

microdot

That sucks. I would be fucking terrified. Hopefully home insurance covers everything you lost.

yami4ct

Rewatching Load Our Last Souls.

I forgot how much of a monster Vinny is.
Go all the way through the DLC. Rescue the lady he was sent for, and just murders her while she's on the ground crying.

He uses a Nest dropcam, which I own as well its a fantastic product and service. I've got two of them and outside of a few hiccups server side it's great, the price is good too for what they offer.

Haunted

Rematching Load Our Last Souls.

I forgot how much of a monster Vinnie is.
Go all the way through the DLC. Rescue the lady he was sent for, and just murders her while she's on the ground crying.
Well, that was more done out of ignorance than malice.

He didn't understand the lore and didn't know what he was doing.

justjim89

Really eager to hear all the stories and impressions from Dan and Patrick's trip to Raw. Patrick ought to be on the next Powerbombcast.

yami4ct

"I love America so much I got a low res jpeg of it on my neck"

Didn't Vinny also
straight up murder Quelaag's sister?

That one was a hilarious accident of Vinny testing controls. The other was actual straight up purposeful murder.

Well, that was more done out of ignorance than malice.

He didn't understand the lore and didn't know what he was doing.

She wasn't attacking him, she was just crying and he was free to leave.

Vinny knew. He knew.

Tubobutts

That one was a hilarious accident of Vinnie testing controls. The other was actual straight up purposeful murder.

She wasn't attacking him, she was just crying and he was free to leave.

Vinnie knew. He knew.
He knew that she was actually evil.

She wasn't.

yami4ct

He knew that she was actually evil.

She wasn't.

What evil people in Dark Souls just sit in a room crying and let you leave?

Vinny was just a bit perturbed that the DLC ended uneventfully and took it out on her poor soul. Thinking she was evil was a convenient excuse.

Vinny evil must be stopped.

So I guess Austin did a Division stream for about three hours this morning. This got me thinking after watching the Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim marathons that Dave/Ryan/Greg did. I really wish that the GB guys did more marathons during launches of games. Just anything that they were really interested in more than big tenpole releases.

I saw that Gamespot streamed for 8 hours today on the Division. Would you guys like that more than just a quicklook of some game after they've been into the game a bit at their own pace and then chose to QL a part that they probably have been through a bit showing off more knowledge, or just opening the game up and starting from scratch with an audience.

Personally I feel like it would be a little too much like them playing into marketing sometimes, but if they were really excited, and it was a game that was near and dear to someone's heart, I wish they did it more. I mean we got a (sigh) huge marathon of Destiny a couple times... but nothing really more than that as of late, as I remember anyways. Just thought.

They've done streams for games they're really into, but I think it's Jeff who's said that because so many people do it these days, it's lost value in doing that, doing the same thing everyone else does.

kvothe

What evil people in Dark Souls just sit in a room crying and let you leave?

Vinnie was just a bit perturbed that the DLC ended uneventfully and took it out on her poor soul. Thinking she was evil was a convenient excuse.

VInnie's evil must be stopped.

Can you stop spelling Vinny wrong? It's disturbing me.

We all know that name spellings are immutable and taken from the Great Book of Names. Spelling changes are tantamount to hearsay.

So really, Vinny is the one in the wrong here.

Someone should send a correction to the next beastcast

So he can finally correct the spelling of his name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom