• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
So here is a question and don't get me wrong, is John Vignocchi considerd to be a likeable guy by the GB communty? Or in general?
He's a bit weird but I love the guy.

I hope he does go larping with the gb boys. Drew would be the princess that needs saving

Dan seems really damn excited for Stardew Valley. Great to hear. The QL is really fun, it's great when the guys really like the game they ql.

Edit: He also seems stressed as hell which is kind of hilarious.

Whatever, it's his personal twitter account. Reminds me of when people get upset about any sort of opinionated comments on non-video game stuff the GB guys post on their personal twitter as if that stuff should be seen as Official Giant Bomb Content.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls 3 but I just don't know if I'm capable of enjoying a Souls game like I did before Bloodborne. After playing BB for a couple hundred hours, I went back to play a bit of Dark Souls, maybe finish up the platinum I've been meaning to get for four years now, and everything was just so slow and plodding and meh. Maybe I've just gotta get used to it again.

you know, i'm usually pretty resistant to internet thangs but i can safely light the "enough off-topic for the day" signal after this thread. like, what the fuck

hah, I was actually already aware of that, but my jaw was on the floor for an hour the first time I started digging into it

e: once I accidentally shoplifted a three pack of potholders because they fell through the bottom of the cart and got stuck where I didn't see them until I was loading my car

I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls 3 but I just don't know if I'm capable of enjoying a Souls game like I did before Bloodborne. After playing BB for a couple hundred hours, I went back to play a bit of Dark Souls, maybe finish up the platinum I've been meaning to get for four years now, and everything was just so slow and plodding and meh. Maybe I've just gotta get used to it again.

My only problem is how much easier the lore came across in BB than it did in the souls game. I really hope they learn from BB and make the lore a little more easier to pick up on in future souls game. It just seemed less complex to pick up on the general tale of what happened? Or maybe it was just more interesting for me which is also possible.

Yeah, I felt exactly the same way revisiting Dark Souls this year. It felt just unbearably slow after the speed and fluidity of Bloodborne.

Patryn

Whatever, it's his personal twitter account. Reminds me of when people get upset about any sort of opinionated comments on non-video game stuff the GB guys post on their personal twitter as if that stuff should be seen as Official Giant Bomb Content.

I didn't mean to be all super serious. Just a minor gripe.

Obviously Danny is free to do whatever he wants. Just possibly a sign that I should avoid Twitter at work (which is annoying, as I like to periodically check it to keep up with what's going on).

I just like having a more free and open internet at my office, and would hate to have them start to restrict stuff.

omgkitty

rather upset it isn't a Dan/Jeff affair.

As much as some people love it, listening to Jeff and Dan basically make fun of and talk shit about something they don't know about is kinda stupid. I think back to the FIFA / PES QL's, because as a soccer fan, it's just not funny to me. At least with Vinny and Austin, you get two people who understand the series but can still make jokes about it. Uninformed biased jokes just tend to come off as shitty.

omgkitty

Funny because I think it's a sad factory of what could be one piece games.

Smh CC2 pls

I just want more games in the mold of the Ubisoft Naruto games. Well, at least similar...I didn't think those games were that good, but would be a good foundation and are better than just the standard battle arena or musou games.

Wunder

i look away for second and all of a sudden there's digimon fighting

naruto breaking ground for new levels of dumb every day

i havent watched the QL but I assume its the tailed beasts or summoning jutsus ?? There's only a handful of those

ohgod

pizzacat

Banned
I just want more games in the mold of the Ubisoft Naruto games. Well, at least similar...I didn't think those games were that good, but would be a good foundation and are better than just the standard battle arena or musou games.
It actually had a good fight system. It was a weird thing that won't happen again, at least from ubi

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff's tweet about the Division not seeing that many people. I think that's on purpose? I'm not sure yet but whenever you join or leave a group, it loads you to that person and seemingly into an 'instance' with that person. I see my friends on the map but I've yet to run into them inperson so I'm not sure how it'll handle that yet. Maybe only friends populate your world? That would suck when the friends list falls off.

I'm not sure though. It could also be their way of handling the heavy server load early on.

Jeff's tweet about the Division not seeing that many people. I think that's on purpose? I'm not sure yet but whenever you join or leave a group, it loads you to that person and seemingly into an 'instance' with that person. I see my friends on the map but I've yet to run into them inperson so I'm not sure how it'll handle that yet. Maybe only friends populate your world? That would suck when the friends list falls off.

I'm not sure though. It could also be their way of handling the heavy server load early on.

Yeah you're only going to see other players in the Dark Zones unless they're in your group.

omgkitty

Part of me hopes The Division isn't great because I don't want to get attached and sink 300 hours into it like I did Destiny :\

I've never seen a single episode of Naruto but through anime osmosis I know that it has an insane power creep even when compared to DBZ and that there's some sort of homoerotic overtones stuff in there that the fans love?

I guess the latter is true of all shonen anime though.

Part of me hopes The Division isn't great because I don't want to get attached and sink 300 hours into it like I did Destiny :\

all of me hopes that it's terrific and bungie is so embarrassed by the division that they stop half assing Destiny and apply a no-assing attitude to it from here on out

I've never seen a single episode of Naruto but through anime osmosis I know that it has an insane power creep even when compared to DBZ and that there's some sort of homoerotic overtones stuff in there that the fans love?

There are some dumb or crazy power jumps but I wouldn't say it comes anywhere close to DBZ.

Jintor

So here is a question and don't get me wrong, is John Vignocchi considerd to be a likeable guy by the GB communty? Or in general?

he's a really cool guy who, rather like j.drake a.boyes and to a lesser extent d.leezy all happen to be really, really good or at least invested in shilling

omgkitty

I watched through all of Naruto last year (minus the filler) and jumped in to Shippuden, got about 20 episodes in and stopped. So I don't really know what happens after that besides some basic stuff, but the ramp up is kinda ridiculous. That's the problem with any show like that where the main hook is learning new abilities and stuff, so they have to keep raising the stakes. Most of DBZ seems tame compared to some of the shit Naruto pulls (I stopped after the Cell Saga, and fully admit DBZ gets crazy stupid after that especially with all the dumb shit in Super).

yeah naruto doesn't go to a different fuckin' planet in the 2nd arc

eh, that's not a power creep so much as DBZ going all in on the Sci Fi stuff, which is pretty much there from the first episode of DBZ when an alien relative to the protagonist lands on the planet and starts murdering people

Bowlie

Banned

Fandom, not fans.

I watched through all of Naruto last year (minus the filler) and jumped in to Shippuden, got about 20 episodes in and stopped. So I don't really know what happens after that besides some basic stuff, but the ramp up is kinda ridiculous. That's the problem with any show like that where the main hook is learning new abilities and stuff, so they have to keep raising the stakes. Most of DBZ seems tame compared to some of the shit Naruto pulls.

Why?

yeah naruto doesn't go to a different fuckin' planet in the 2nd arc

No but he does go to the moon at one point... And at the end of the series he's jumping through different dimensions. The power creep is worse in Naruto than DBZ I'd say.

daydream

Banned
Daydream, you have no idea. When did you drop off?

the show started airing in germany in '06. i was out of the 'me game at that point so i never got into it

i do remember checking out an episode four or five years ago. it sucked real bad and i couldn't make it past the five minute mark

so i'm pretty much an expert

TraBuch

Banned

I wouldn't really say there are homoerotic overtones, just slash-writing fangirls looking way too much into things like usual. Two guys can't be besties without them actually wanting to fuck.

Patryn

Yeah you're only going to see other players in the Dark Zones unless they're in your group.

Is it strange that I hear this and I'm all
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom