• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

I still have this lingering desire to watch the rest of Naruto (with a filler guide). Stopped at EP. 80 of Shippuden
CooperativeRespectfulDiscus.gif

It's not a bad show, or at least it doesn't start off that way. If you're into shounen, it's a lot of fun, but like all of those shows, it goes off the rail (though I don't think I actually hit that point)

I don't know if I could have ever dedicated 20 minutes to each episode during the later(Madara/undead war) parts. The one good thing about the manga was that it was pretty easily skimable through all the stupid shit.

omgkitty

I don't know if I could have ever dedicated 20 minutes to each episode during the later(Madara/undead war) parts. The one good thing about the manga was that it was pretty easily skimable through all the stupid shit.

I found that after skipping the intro, outro and recap, each episode was only like 15 minutes, so I could power through. My main issue is when they start stretching the ever living shit out of everything. I had to stop because the fight they were on was taking like 8 episodes.

pizzacat

Banned
Hah you guys should check out current one piece if you want to see how far someone can stretch

And I don't mean Luffy

I can't not picture R Mika when I hear Naruto now
I'm pretty sure the new r mika isn't naruto but the old alpha voice is iirc

And the fact that she looks like the sexy version of him makes it weirder

oti

Banned
Why is that German VO in the Castlevania game.
And.
Why doesn't Vinny recognize it? Didn't he start German with Rosetta Stone a few years ago?

It's not a bad show, or at least it doesn't start off that way. If you're into shounen, it's a lot of fun, but like all of those shows, it goes off the rail (though I don't think I actually hit that point)

Yeah, it kinda takes a real steep dive after Zabuza. Lots of potential to it but just failing to deliver because they have to step up things to the next level or introduce a new power in every battle.

him not being with Sakura at the end made no sense

More egregious is Sakura ending up with Sauske even after all the horrible shit he did to her.

I still have this lingering desire to watch the rest of Naruto (with a filler guide). Stopped at EP. 80 of Shippuden

I don't know if I can say it's worth it. I recently went back and watched Ep 133 (considered one of the best animated ones) and you can really tell where the quality took a dive when it came to shippuden.

Speaking of anime, I finally watched Erased and it's pretttty dope. It's a bit depressing at times, though.

Erased is super dope. Man the art direction in that anime is on point.

Hah you guys should check out current one piece if you want to see how far someone can stretch

And I don't mean Luffy

I'm pretty sure the new r mika isn't naruto but the old alpha voice is iirc

And the fact that she looks like the sexy version of him makes it weirder

I need to catch up to One Piece. I dropped off randomly right around when Daflamingo activated Bird Cage I think.

TraBuch

Banned
Yeah, it kinda takes a real steep dive after Zabuza. Lots of potential to it but just failing to deliver because they have to step up things to the next level or introduce a new power in every battle.

More egregious is Sakura ending up with Sauske even after all the horrible shit he did to her.

I don't know if I can say it's worth it. I recently went back and watched Ep 133 (considered one of the best animated ones) and you can really tell where the quality took a dive when it came to shippuden.
Wait, did it really end like that?
Sasuke was actually redeemed? After all that foul shit he did?

pizzacat

Banned
Everyone I've ever heard talk about One Piece says to read the manga.
Oh yeah I started reading like since before the timeskip but from time to time I like to watch some broadcasts to see how they animate some fights (terribly, but that's besides the point since their most popular thing has the budget of a sandwich) and everything takes forever and everything needs a recap like wrestling. It's insane

^Nice, I'm kind of interested in seeing what they do with the US movie. No doubt it will probably be horrible, but I'm interested in how they try to do it.

pizzacat

Banned
I need to catch up to One Piece. I dropped off randomly right around when Daflamingo activated Bird Cage I think.
Uh yea cool shit happens man lol I tried to stay off of it for the new arc since coliseum and dofla arc took too long but then I heard some shit ;_; now I'm waiting weekly again smh

Bowlie

Banned
Don't ring the yami alarm!

And yes, TraBuch. They became buddies in the end (like, last 5 chapters or so. Until then they were rivals)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
This Naruto QL is alright but it's condemned this thread to 24/7 anime talk yet again so it's a net loss

Check your PMs.

I'm not proud of how I read all of Naruto but it's one of those things were you go, "Well, I've read 300 chapters of this, it would be a waste to stop now."

omgkitty

Oh yeah I started reading like since before the timeskip but from time to time I like to watch some broadcasts to see how they animate some fights (terribly, but that's besides the point since their most popular thing has the budget of a sandwich) and everything takes forever and everything needs a recap like wrestling. It's insane

Yeah I've read up to Alabasta. I'd really like to watch the show but there's also like 800 episodes and ugh

pizzacat

Banned
There was some real dumb deus ex machine stuff in the last arc.

then they fight and remember why there friends or something, both of them lose their right arms, naruto just grows it back lol, sasuke keeps it like that to remind him or something he turns out to be a terrible father both of them which is so ironic in narutos case fuck this shit 'me was a mistake

pizzacat

Banned
It's already the manga equivalent of Lord of the Rings in terms of size. Might as well not bother with the filler stuff in the anime.
One filler arc in the anime is actually pretty good

The movies have summed up some arcs if anyone wants to jump in watch those movies tbh

There was some real dumb deus ex machine stuff in the last arc.

then they fight and remember why there friends or something, both of them lose their right arms, naruto just grows it back lol, sasuke keeps it like that to remind him or something he turns out to be a terrible father both of them which is so ironic in narutos case fuck this shit 'me was a mistake

of course that's how it ends, that's so cliched and tropey of Naruto

Jintor

Speaking of aspiring YouTube p.klepek I've been watching his undertale LP while I go through my stardew days

Patrick is kind of the perfect guy to react to undertale in terms of being good at games, being relatively on the ball in terms of jokes, having the right kind of sense of humor for it, and is all around fairly entertaining solo steamer

Just wish he didn't have these weird habits like terrible off key vaguely singing along to the background music, or the super YouTube style overreactions (well, to be honest, they could be real, but they seeeem fake or exaggerated, which is the problem, really)

Still good to throw up in the bg tho

Yeah I've read up to Alabasta. I'd really like to watch the show but there's also like 800 episodes and ugh

Read the manga, less filler and there's only like 10 minutes to each anime episode anyway once you get done with the OP, the recap, and the preview. The animation isn't worth it in the slightest.

Just wish he didn't have these weird habits like terrible off key vaguely singing along to the background music, or the super YouTube style overreactions (well, to be honest, they could be real, but they seeeem fake or exaggerated, which is the problem, really)

I actually kind of hated Mario Maker Mondays because he had to fucking sing to the title song for a few minutes every goddamn time.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
oh my gosh the writing and VO in Naruto is so bad it gave me an ear infection

THAT'S MY DREAM YOU IDIOT

pizzacat

Banned
N1ik6.png

One Piece animation alone should make people read since oda can draw so small and everything in a page might be a clue for the future because oda is fucking insane

omgkitty

Speaking of aspiring YouTube p.klepek I've been watching his undertale LP while I go through my stardew days

Patrick is kind of the perfect guy to react to undertale in terms of being good at games, being relatively on the ball in terms of jokes, having the right kind of sense of humor for it, and is all around fairly entertaining solo steamer

Still good to throw up in the bg tho

Yeah watching some of his videos he's definitely taken on some youtube / streamer habits I'm not a fan of. It's not terrible, but it can be annoying. Also, he does reaction videos with his wife where he watches movie trailers. How more fucking youtube can you get?

jaina

Because the Live QL of Division will be on one of their (Jeff?) accounts, I can expect to see different missions than the ones from the Beta or Austin's stream, can I?

Myggen

Because the Live QL of Division will be on one of their (Jeff?) accounts, I can expect to see different missions than the ones from the Beta or Austin's stream, can I?

Depends on how much Jeff has played of the game, right? But if Austin's stream was from the start and Jeff has played some of the game (going by Twitter he seems to have played a fair chunk of it) then I would guess that we will.

you could have just set your money on fire instead you know

It's a shame how popular Death Note became to the point it makes people annoyed just hearing about it but back in the day when I was watching it as it was airing, it was some incredible shit at that time, 2006. I still love it though, people dislike the second half but I love it all. However, I don't view it as the be all and end all of anime but it's really good in how much of a rollercoaster ride it is for only 37 episodes, plus it has a fantastic soundtrack.

The set surprised me if I'm honest, it looks great for an upscale of an SD format and there's a ton of bonus materials. The Omega Edition just comes with the pilot in booklet form, which is the reason DN was made and it comes with 2 animated feature length films that I have never seen but I think it's a condensed version of the series? I don't know, it's called Relight 1 & 2 as extra stuff.

Edit: Checked out some of the series, dubbed and damn is it terrible but I guess it's good for people who don't read subs or I guess watched it dubbed for their first time? lol.

daydream

Banned
we get this deluge of one piece and naruto games over the years and only a single conan game gets localised

why is the world so cruel, what am i fighting for

What's considered the best shonen after Gintama?

who knows. I hate shounen.

but I mostly just read super violent seinen manga so I might not have room to talk

It's a shame how popular Death Note became to the point it makes people annoyed just hearing about it but back in the day when I was watching it as it was airing, it was some incredible shit at that time, 2006. I still love it though, people dislike the second half but I love it all. However, I don't view it as the be all and end all of anime but it's really good in how much of a rollercoaster ride it is for only 37 episodes, plus it has a fantastic soundtrack.

oh I watched it when it was new, despised the damn thing back then too.

jaina

Depends on how much Jeff has played of the game, right? But if Austin's stream was from the start and Jeff has played some of the game (going by Twitter he seems to have played a fair chunk of it) then I would guess that we will.
on the other hand I might not even notice whether something had already been in Austin's video.

I hope Dan's back in time for the Hitman QL. Should be, as wrestling is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom