• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the same Conan, Pizza.

Hey well, we can't all like the same things. I've always preferred/enjoyed the shorter anime series for some reason. Cowboy Bebop, Steins Gate, Black Lagoon, FullMetal Alchemist.etc

Shorter ones have to be concise and that prevents some bullshit from leaking in. Although those you listed also have very strong foundations in their creators as well.

jaina

hah yeah I couldn't watch Conan the Barbarian because nobody ever talks.
Which means I'd have to look at my second monitor the whole time, who's got time for that?

I watched plenty of localized Detective Conan, but no idea which episodes so I'm not seeking out the missing ones. And with the stuff left in Japan it becomes a daunting task I don't want to touch.

Myggen

on the other hand I might not even notice whether something had already been in Austin's video.

I hope Dan's back in time for the Hitman QL. Should be, as wrestling is done.

The missions do seem pretty same-y in The Division.

I haven't really liked what I've seen so far of that game. It'll be interesting to see how much content there is.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a reason that they don't just use animated scenes from the anime in this Naruto game? It looks so bad.

omgkitty

most anime can't even make it a full season without wedging filler content into it, shorter is definitely a plus most of the time.

Yep it's why I love stuff like Ping Pong. It's exactly as long as it needs to be.

ping%2Bpong%2B4.gif

Brashnir

The missions do seem pretty same-y in The Division.

I haven't really liked what I've seen so far of that game. It'll be interesting to see how much content there is.

Just enough to leave you unsatisfied, so they can fill that void with loot and the promise of expansions, if they did their job right.

jaina

that's great and all but conan games already exist. in great quantity even, well over 30. at least there's fan translations for some of them but come on, we don't get enough detective games as is!
what's cing?

Solving crimes (not procedurals!) or time travel is what hooks me in most media.

I have The Division arriving on Thursday. I really enjoyed Austin's stream. It's my kind of game.

Quiet, beautiful, looty, PvE co-op, light gear/base management, post-disaster, full of rich detail (posters/fake ads/little stories).

I'm looking forward to hearing Jeff's take because he'll get into the nitty gritty of how it feels and the mechanics.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Everybody for your benefit and the benefit of those around you, turn on the Japanese Naruto voices. I'm not saying they're good but they cannot possibly be worse than the English dub and if you can't actually understand what's being said the game is significantly better.

If you understand Japanese than this is of no help to you but for the rest of us it really saves a lot of headache.

derFeef

I have The Division arriving on Thursday. I really enjoyed Austin's stream. It's my kind of game.

Quiet, beautiful, looty, PvE co-op, light gear/base management, post-disaster, full of rich detail (posters/fake ads/little stories).

I'm looking forward to hearing Jeff's take because he'll get into the nitty gritty of how it feels and the mechanics.

I like it for the same reasons mostly. You can just walk through the city and soak it all in, it's a good game too, very polished and filled with details that make you say wow.

TraBuch

Banned
Everybody for your benefit and the benefit of those around you, turn on the Japanese Naruto voices. I'm not saying they're good but they cannot possibly be worse than the English dub and if you can't actually understand what's being said the game is significantly better.

If you understand Japanese than this is of no help to you but for the rest of us it really saves a lot of headache.
Believe it.

I've mentioned it before but it gives me weird warm fuzzy feelings to see Dan basically get to live out childhood dreams, no matter how silly they are. we should all be so lucky.

It really is amazing how he's already lived out most of his childhood fantasies. I can totally picture 12-year-old Dan thinking, "Someday, I want to be a video game writer and a wrestling manager...at the same time!"

omgkitty

It really is amazing how he's already lived out most of his childhood fantasies. I can totally picture 12-year-old Dan thinking, "Someday, I want to be a video game writer and a wrestling manager...at the same time!"

Still makes me sad as a person who would like to go to film school to know that he went and got a degree for doing nothing, and still has shit taste in movies :(

Never. Really bad?

Beck is incredible. The spoken English in the Japanese dub of it is laughably bad (though I think it kinda fits with what's going on even if they lived in the US for a little while). The English dub is very well done too.

Dan's having a good week, I just hope Penny likes him.

Penny's okay, and I do feel kind of bad for her, living with her alcoholic (bus driver!) mother in a mobile home, but my pity for her doesn't really make her more interesting.

somewhat tangential, but there's an interesting reason as to why english dubs are so awkward most of the time.

Code:
Language	Information Density	Syllabic Rate	Information Rate
English     	0.91                  	6.19          	1.08
French     	0.74                  	7.18          	0.99
German    	0.79                  	5.97          	0.90
Italian       	0.72                  	6.99          	0.96
Japanese 	0.49 (Slowest!)   	7.84 (Fastest!) 0.74 (Slowest!)
Mandarin  	0.94                  	5.18          	0.94
Spanish    	0.63                  	7.82          	0.98
Vietnamese    1.00                	5.22          	1.00

even if they're saying the same dumb shit in japanese, it at least flows naturally.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan's ignorant hatred of Sebastian just means he misses out on the best Stardew bro

he's a freelance programmer AND he has a motorcycle

TraBuch

Banned
Never. Really bad?

Most dubs are really bad (and not just of anime), so I typically don't bother.
One of the main characters has lived in the US for a while so his English is better than his Japanese. Let's just say his Japanese must be completely incomprehensible.

Dan's ignorant hatred of Sebastian just means he misses out on the best Stardew bro

he's a freelance programmer AND he has a motorcycle

I was kind of bummed he didn't talk to George, probably the biggest dick in the game. I'm half interested in learning mroe about him but I don't want to give his shitty ass gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom