• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say this is disruptive? Is Myggen here? Can we get a confirmation, please? ;)

the optics are simply unclear right now

The thing confusing me is that the PS4 has sold as many units as it has was because it's simple, it has the games people want, and it's sold at a reasonable price.

All the questions that would arise from a new half-step console would completely destroy that.

i mean we all saw how well the Expansion Pack for the N64 did, the Ram Cart for the Saturn did, the Sega CD and 32X for the Genesis did, etc.

Half steps are often messy and fragment the market. Again, if I wanted major iterations in my machines i would just stick to my PC and get a new GPU instead

Patryn

The thing confusing me is that the PS4 has sold as many units as it has was because it's simple, it has the games people want, and it's sold at a reasonable price.

All the questions that would arise from a new half-step console would completely destroy that.
That's what I'm saying. This kind of feels like a solution in search of a problem.

Brashnir

It seems crazy we are already hearing next gen Xbox and PS rumours.

PS4 seems only new!!

I expect a short circle but man... MAN. It feels like we are still in that awkward time where devs are only getting started. I guess in reality this is the new peak.

These things came out in 2013. it's 2016 now. We're like halfway through a normal generation.

These things came out in 2013. it's 2016 now. We're like halfway through a normal generation.

Games-wise were like one year in. Or at least it feels like. I keep thinking "This will be the big E3" Then everything gets delayed and shit. This year shit finally feels like it's coming out.

Games-wise were like one year in. Or at least it feels like. I keep thinking "This will be the big E3" Then everything gets delayed and shit. This year shit finally feels like it's coming out.

yeah, the first couple of years of this gen felt like a protracted launch window. It's only now that we're getting games with any regularity. This gen really still feels early for them to be contemplating these new .5 machines

think about this from the Sony side: We haven't seen a new Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, or Polyphony Digital game yet on the PS4. And that's not even counting the Last Guardian, which will come out this year. Maybe.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't trust that Klepek fellow, he seems way too young to have meaningful contacts. Look at that face, smooth as a baby's bottom (I don't know if people say that in english, it's a thing, I'm not a pervert I swear), I bet he can't even grow a beard yet.

I don't trust that Klepek fellow, he seems way too young to have meaningful contacts. Look at that face, smooth as a baby's bottom (I don't know if people say that in english, it's a thing, I'm not a pervert I swear), I bet he can't even grow a beard yet.

I believe he has to offer a sacrifice, usually of the broken collarbone variety, for such a thing to occur.

strafer

Nice that Marty can joke about what happened.

I can't wait to hear more of Martys breathtaking music.

He's the reasion Halo is a good series.

Brashnir

Oh, I totally agree. That, combined with the absurd length of last generation make it feel like we're still really early in this one, but we're not.

I'd like to pick that up soon. I did not see the option during the first year

It'd be kind of hard to, it's tied to one of the community center bundles. I'm mid summer year 2 and just now getting close to finish its bundle because it takes animals and I didn't do any of that the first year.

So how're those PS2 remasters anyways? Are there black bars on the sides? Is performance the same as it was on the PS2?

Black bars on the sides unless the game originally had a 16:9 option. Performance is better then the PS2 versions.

Some EU PSN releases are still 50hrz PAL though.

Overall its a decent little thing they can do.

But it only seems to be getting C tier SCE published games so the entire PS2 on PS4 push is kind of already dead. It is a fun reminder of all the random stuff Sony published during that era when you go below the level of Jak, Sky, Ratchet and God of War.

So how're those PS2 remasters anyways? Are there black bars on the sides? Is performance the same as it was on the PS2?

If they have an uncapped framerate then they run at 60, i think you can just change the setting on the game to fill the screen if it has widescreen support.

I haven't looked into it since i have a PC that is more than capable of emulating a PS2 and Sony didn't honor my PS2 purchases from the PS3 days so fuck 'em

Can I just say, how Sony and Nintendo are mishandling virtual console and classic libraries these days is a real bummer.

it's okay, emulation and piracy will end up doing what either cant: allow folks to preserve their games even in the face of terrible companies who do not know what they have and how to handle it.

360 and PS3 emulation has already come a long way and Wii U emulation stuff is starting to take shape. Thank goodness, too, as that way we can preserve great games like Red Dead Redemption, Bayonetta 2, Vanquish and other terrific gems that are being mishandled by those who hold their IP.

Gurrry

is twitch dead for anyone else?

getting 404 not found when i go there, wanted to check out some pokken

edit: got there thru /directory but its going super slow

is twitch dead for anyone else?

getting 404 not found when i go there, wanted to check out some pokken

edit: got there thru /directory but its going super slow

Yup. Tryna watch final round and twitch is having some serious issues. Hope it doesn't get bad during the streams tomorrow and especially sunday.

popo

As an early adopter of both PS4 and X1, I feel like I'm being fucked both ways.

Super tempted to just say fuck consoles and go pure PC at this point.

I mean, you are not wrong, but there is always a hot new gfx card around the corner.

When was the last time they did a mailbag. I'm pretty sure they've done at least 1 since the floor move.

I was surprised they even had that one. From someones periscope it sounded like they wouldn't be allowed to record on the floor because they weren't the only ones down there or something like that.

Well that sucks if true.

If they did that one maybe they got it cleared? IDK, but it was when they were moving on either Dan or Danny's periscope someone asked if they had heard they can't record down there. I thought maybe they were talking about just during the construction at first.

Good riddance to mailbags then. All it did was encourage people to send them crap or stuff that was way too nice.

It hasn't stopped, we just aren't watching it unboxed. Dan just got some Skylanders.

Bacon

Wouldn't they just be able to bring mail into the studio if they wanted to film it and aren't allowed to in the office?

TraBuch

Banned
I'm having the hardest time getting used to the controls in Salt and Sanctuary. They took everything else from Souls, why couldn't they take the control scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom