• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Alright fuck it, I wasn't going to get this because it's just me and my fiancee who could play against each other, but goddamn it I really like how this looks.

JP voices all the way tho. You can turn down/off the voices.

People need to accept that gens passed their first games are ok, and it's ok to have over 700 pokemon with more on the horizon.

Here's some higher level pokken with Jwong. There was also a big tournament yesterday but I don't see anything on youtube for it.

my first and only Pokemon game was Red and I almost said that everything after gen 1 was crap but I recognize gen 2 is alright. After that it all went to shit.

Alfredo

I can't believe that Jeff hasn't put together that Pikachu in Pokken is basically Heihachi, doing electric wind godfists to the point that he's pretty much a Pikachu Mishima. I want to think Heihachi is actually this Pikachu's trainer. And that's awesome.

I can't believe that Jeff hasn't put together that Pikachu in Pokken is basically Heihachi, doing electric wind godfists to the point that he's pretty much a Pikachu Mishima. I want to think Heihachi is actually this Pikachu's trainer. And that's awesome.

i figured that Heihachi would only work exclusively with fire pokemon since he needs them to be able to handle being occasionally thrown into a volcano and such

want to reiterate how mad i am we haven't got a new pokemon snap game

not as mad as i am about other things but yo

you guys make so many other spin offs

so many

but we haven't had a new pokemon snap since gen 1, and now there's gyros in everything!!!!

This is what they should have done with that AR Pokemon mobile game. Not whatever that battle thing is that's coming out.

BiggNife

As someone who has played a lot of Pokemon I'm pretty sure hearing Jeff and Dan getting like 90% of the stuff they assume wrong is dangerously close to giving me an aneurysm

def sim

Hah

Is Pikachu's EWGF also a just frame?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Will Pokken tournaments be 35 year old Tekken fans vs 9 year old Pokemon fans?

They already got a great commentator for the game with Persia to bring them together lol

popo

To be clear. I don't mind if they do streams or not. I will take (or leave) whatever they want to put out. Past years have been hit and miss for me anyway. This was just to point out that some people were asking and communications could be better. This is far from an isolated incident. Hopefully if any of the staff read this, they will take it as the constructive criticism it is intended to be.

Them not mentioning holding a stream when clearly discussing their plans is a pretty clear tell that they won't be holding a stream, there's nothing to infer because they basically said it won't be happening.

That is the definition of inference. You can infer that Jeff is not running for President, but if he has not said that he isn't - you are inferring it, however obvious you think the conclusion is.

people are bothered that they aren't doing a thing they didn't say they were doing in the first place?

<snip>

Nobody said people were bothered. I said multiple people (in this thread and on the GB forums) were asking if they were doing after hours live streams this year. I actually didn't see a single person asking aggressively or being entitled about them not doing one.

i'd love it, too, but they didn't say they were doing that this year so being upset or bothered by the lack of livestreams and asking for them to respond to the outrage some have over this seems like a lot for something they didnt say they had plans for.

so i don't get why some are fuming over it

Again. I have not seen anyone upset, bothered or fuming over it.

I have seen people asking and I merely pointed out that it would be cool if Jeff or someone said straight up that they were not doing anything. It is obvious now, but it would have been useful earlier in the week.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of visitors to the site will not consume all GB content. If they are not premium, or don't watch UPF, they miss a lot of announcements like this. Maybe they don't follow Jeff on twitter/read his tumblr/listen to his mixlr either.

popo

On a lighter note. I notice the end of the thread is (again) fast approaching. We really motor through them these days.

Aerocrane

CANCEL THE GAME. NOT WORTH PLAYING.

Also I really wonder how interesting this one is going to be without all the crazy server stuff that TM2 and United had. Is this even coming to PC?

It is coming to PC with the same restrictions as the console version. There is going to be a version of the new environment from Turbo for Maniaplanet at some point.

SomberOwl

As someone who has played a lot of Pokemon I'm pretty sure hearing Jeff and Dan getting like 90% of the stuff they assume wrong is dangerously close to giving me an aneurysm

Also sometimes it really irritates me when people sound like they're almost proud for lack of a better word of their ignorance of Pokemon. Also I know people pronounce things differently but I can't stand when people pronounce Pokemon like "Poke-EEE-Mon"

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It is, and I have no idea why. It just feels like a gussied up TM2 with an extra environment (a really cool environment, to be fair), to the point that a couple of the tracks I played were taken right from TM2 Stadium.

Oh ok then. So the PC version would in theory have all the custom server stuff? That makes it maybe not totally worthless but still no horns...

EDIT: Nope still totally worthless without all the custom server stuff. Lame.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm so fucking tired of every single Jeff/Dan piece of content devolve into wrestling talk within seconds of the beginning... Seriously come on.

Will Pokken tournaments be 35 year old Tekken fans vs 9 year old Pokemon fans?

Oh come on, it's a good strategy battling game.

Also sometimes it really irritates me when people sound like they're almost proud for lack of a better word of their ignorance of Pokemon. Also I know people pronounce things differently but I can't stand when people pronounce Pokemon like "Poke-EEE-Mon"

Pokimans

dan are we ever going to get to see the rest of panic

I'm so fucking tired of every single Jeff/Dan piece of content devolve into wrestling talk within seconds of the beginning... Seriously come on.

I'm about six minutes into this Pokken QL and I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

This is almost a Crazy Taxi level of nonstop VO, too.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
whoops I came back with a wrestling game for the gbc

Megasoum

Banned
dan are we ever going to get to see the rest of panic

I'm about six minutes into this Pokken QL and I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

This is almost a Crazy Taxi level of nonstop VO, too.

The very first sentence of the The Culling video is about Steve Austin

Meneses

I actually like that almost everything devolves into wrestling talk when Jeff and Dan are involved. And i'm not really into wrestling.

In other news, Pokémon sucks.

Chuck

Still without luck
I actually like that almost everything devolves into wrestling talk when Jeff and Dan are involved. And i'm not really into wrestling.
I am also not into wrestling and think it's the worst shit.

I don't need to hear Dan mentioning a homophobic idiot in every other quick look.

That Culling game looks like a pretty cool idea on the whole survival game genre, but the part about it keeping the same crafting system that those games have turns me right off. I'd rather it be more like Battle Royale the movie in that everyone starts out with a random weapon or item and then the environment could have traps and things hidden. The crafting part just seems frustrating, but I guess if they got rid of it it wouldn't really be the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom