• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very first sentence of the The Culling video is about Steve Austin

Fair enough, but it's not like they were talking about wrestling itself, just a shitty movie starring a wrestler.

I actually like that almost everything devolves into wrestling talk when Jeff and Dan are involved. And i'm not really into wrestling.

In other news, Pokémon sucks.

The best one was when Jeff and Brad had a nuanced discussion about it during the Ghost in the Shell QL.

Zekes!

Pokken looks fun. Definitely looks like the kind of fighting game my friends and I would've played a lot of back in the day

Renpatsu

Maybe it's because I haven't played any Pokemon since Crystal, but nothing about that UI screams Pokemon to me - which seems like an oversight to me.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I am also not into wrestling and think it's the worst shit.

I don't need to hear Dan mentioning a homophobic idiot in every other quick look.

Are you thinking of someone in particular, or do you assume all wrestlers are homophobic?

If you're referring to Austin, here's this.

I am also not into wrestling and think it's the worst shit.

I don't need to hear Dan mentioning a homophobic idiot in every other quick look.

image.php

qRG06Qo.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Are you thinking of someone in particular, or do you assume all wrestlers are homophobic?

If you're referring to Austin, here's this.
Brock Lesnar is a homophobe (and an idiot) and you mention him all the fucking time.

I am well aware of Steve Austin being a great person.

Patryn

As an early adopter of both PS4 and X1, I feel like I'm being fucked both ways.

Super tempted to just say fuck consoles and go pure PC at this point.

Zekes!

I got my PS4 last September and if there's upgraded hardware I'm gonna be pissed.

Especially with Canadian dollar how it is right now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know how every pixel is counted already? Imagine if you have another version of the PS4 and another version of the Xbox. This will be awful.

Bummer Jeff really isn't getting Pokken. He couldn't even understand what caused the phase shifts. He might have just dismissed it too soon.

After watching that tournament yesterday, I think it deserves a bit more credit.

Fuck, I want this game.

It seems crazy we are already hearing next gen Xbox and PS rumours.

PS4 seems only new!!

I expect a short circle but man... MAN. It feels like we are still in that awkward time where devs are only getting started. I guess in reality this is the new peak.

Unless you care about Bloodborne or the few Microsoft exclusives, I'm surprised you haven't.

There's a reason most people here have gone PC/Nintendo at this point. I don't really care about PC yet tbh since I'm not one to care much about resolution/frame rate/etc. (outside of fighting and character action games).

Edit: Also, I don't have a 4k TV and am not getting VR so the new PS4.5 assuming it exists doesn't really do much for me other than the GPU boost to some games.

Yeah, I just can't see this whole 'upgraded console' plan working. I just don't really get who it is for. The people who bought already feel fucked and people who care specifically about the hardware probably already bought into PC. I guess with Sony it makes sense to work with PSVR, but coming out with the PSVR with a side unit attachment already makes it seem like a half step. Why not just hold PSVR back for the console upgrade and make it exclusive to that and then do some kind of PSVR bundle?

It just seems weird.

Zaph

qB5pmMh.png

I'm massively bias, but it really is the best choice (along with a DS) unless there are certain first-party IP's you can't live without, you have a group of friends on a platform, or trading in games is a financial necessity.

all i play on these machines are their exclusives. I can't imagine they wouldn't make those compatible with the lowest common denominator of each company's machines so meh.

Still, if you're making all your machines PCs then just put your games out on PCs instead of pretending you're not just cheaper Alienware machines masquerading as something else. As someone who owns all the consoles, this shit about taking half steps with these consoles is fucking annoying as I buy these machines hoping for a one time investment in them for +5 years

Patryn

If these rumors are true, I can't wait for the condescending sections of the E3 press conferences about how they're not abandoning their existing audiences.

TBH a 4 year console cycle seems decent if they can keep compatibility.

But it kind of sucked because the jump from 360 to PS4 had a bunch of uncertainty around it which resulted in a real dry first 2 years since everyone was sure consoles where dying when isntead consumers where just bored with 360/ps3.

It feels like we are only getting started now. Hopefully next gen had a better ramp. If they can keep comparability and do the Nintendo New 3DS thing of "new PS4 games work on both but are enhances on the PS4.5" and not "all games from now on are only on PS4.5" then thats grand.

StoveOven

Banned

But it kind of sucked because the jump from 360 to PS4 had a bunch of uncertainty around it which resulted in a real dry first 2 years since everyone was sure consoles where dying when isntead consumers where just bored with 360/ps3.

It feels like we are only getting started now. Hopefully next gen had a better ramp. If they can keep comparability and do the Nintendo New 3DS thing of "new PS4 games work on both but are enhances on the PS4.5" then thats grand.

That last point is what I'm assuming is going to happen. Instead of shortening the console cycle, they are trying to lengthen it by providing some minor hardware upgrades while keeping full backwards and forwards compatibility. I think it's a shit business strategy, but I don't think it's bad for consumers.

it also kinda feels like a lot because while we're getting this news about consoles possibly iterating on the regular, we have VR launching at the same time. It just feels like there's way too much happening at once and makes the console scene look incredibly unstable in the process

Patryn

it also kinda feels like a lot because while we're getting this news about consoles possibly iterating on the regular, we have VR launching at the same time. It just feels like there's way too much happening at once and makes the console scene look incredibly unstable in the process
It's because we're in this weird place where the industry is convinced that consoles are almost over even as they're breaking sales records.

Like isn't the PS4 the fastest selling console ever? Isn't the problem that games are taking too long? How is this supposed to solve that problem?

Zaph

Given the rise of multi-platform day 1 releases, as well as the PS4/XBO architecture both being x86, I don't think two performance profilesper console is a big ask of developers any more.

Saying that, I do wonder if there'll be a knock-on effect where games aren't as well optimised for the 'base' console - partly due to split resources, but also the assumption people who care about framerate will buy the PS4.5/XBO.5.

jaina

Horizon is gonna be the game of the generation. Play that on your fancy compooters.
Yeah Horizon, P5 and, until their likely PC release, FFXV/Star Ocean 5 are still worth it. First time Journey and Uncharted on PS4 instead of PS3 was nice too.

Chuck

Still without luck
The thing confusing me is that the PS4 has sold as many units as it has was because it's simple, it has the games people want, and it's sold at a reasonable price.

All the questions that would arise from a new half-step console would completely destroy that.

def sim

Would you say this is disruptive? Is Myggen here? Can we get a confirmation, please? ;)

I know it's not. The mobile market did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom