• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

Maybe Alex wants to run the American Truck Simulator Quick Look, but Vinny won't let him unless he uses a racing wheel and Track IR? And since they'll be stuck at an impasse forever, it will never get made.

it took me 30 tries to beat Father Gascoigne but I beat BSB on my first try. demand more from your religious experiences

It took me a few tries but once I figured out the dash timings he wasn't so bad. Father is a mixed bag though, just get him stuck on the tombstones and use ranged attacks. With the Whip or Axe you can easily get him to his second form, and then you either get real good at aggressive dodging or you use the music box if you knew it existed. Also I feel like that fight was designed to make sure you understood how parrying worked with the gun, especially against other hunters.

wait, is there no regular QL for XCOM 2 coming or what?

If I had to guess, they're probably trying to figure out how best to do it, or time it with the completion of the review.

Flight Club is dead, buy FSX and make your own Flight Club.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X is easy to get into. You should probably try to get a copy Flight Simulator X Gold Edition if possible, since the Steam Edition doesn't work with some addons.

I looked for Gold Edition but it's selling for like $180+ so I went with the Steam version. I was really eyeing up American Truck Simulator since I haven't bought that yet. However, I didn't want to deal with dragging out my racing wheel right now and my HOTAS is already hooked up. FSX seems like the best flight equivalent.

It is very apparent that Vinny and Drew are much more influential, than Jeff. GB has inspired me to buy a G27 racing wheel and Euro Truck Sim 2 when that QL came out, I bought Elite Dangerous and eventually a Saitek X55 and TrackIR after that QL. Finally, I just bought another full CH Product HOTAS/pedal set since the X55 was acting up (though I did have my RMA approved, cross my fingers that Mad Catz doesn't go bankrupt before I get it back). I'm an immersion addict apparently. I have an Oculus on preorder as well.

If I post that I bought a Yoke, please send help.

Hm, Minerva's Den crashes within 10 minutes (straight to desktop) and solutions are to uninstall an update that's probably baked into Windows 10, or maybe something related to DirectX10.

Whoever posted that fucking A Lex Nav Arrow pun here a few days ago, fuck you. Any time someone brings up American Truck Simulator that's the only thing I can think of.
Beating Blood Starved for the first time is totally deserving of a special kind of gaming pleasure.
To me BSB felt like the closest that game had to a generic "dodge sideways and circle to the back" Souls boss.

psylah

There has been such a drought of Danny O'Dwyer on GB recently. It must be the lengthy commute to the new GB offices that keeps him away.

Whoever posted that fucking A Lex Nav Arrow pun here a few days ago, fuck you. Any time someone brings up American Truck Simulator that's the only thing I can think of.

To me BSB felt like the closest that game had to a generic "dodge sideways and circle to the back" Souls boss.

I felt like most of the bosses in Bloodborne followed that pattern.

Tubobutts

2733173-jeff_smile.gif

There was a tank game on PS1 also called Shellshock and it had a kind of hip hop vibe. It was really weird.

I remember it because it was on a demo disc that also had the T-Rex thing on it and it was my first exposure to the PS1 and I remember thinking I really needed one right now.

justjim89

This week's Bombcast was great. After the extended shower talk, I'm considering writing in about taking baths, because Dan is bound to have a hilarious reaction to that.

#TeamBaths

Folks, anybody know if the bombcast moment where Paul Barnett is describing the League of Legends mouse prank at EA Mythic is on YouTube?

Did a search, but it may have been inadequate.

Xater

what's the name of the original DoS game it's based off of. was it also Shellshock? I played like hundreds and hundreds of hours as a kid in the late 80s

e: Tank Wars and it was 1990. fuck, what a good game

There have been so many variations of this concept over the years it's ridiculous. This does seem pretty cool though.

I haven't taken a bath since I was a kid.

Why? Baths are awesome. There is nothing more relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom