• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that QL's are usually the weakest content anyway - just me?

I look forward to basically anything else more.

I don't really view QL/Unfinisheds as "good or bad content" and more as a look at a game I might be interested in.

Though you do get the occasional treasure like the Poly Bridge Unfinished.

justjim89

Holy shit, Firewatch is great so far. The plot is really starting to pick up, the characters are enjoyable, the environment and art style is gorgeous... fuck it's good. I almost wish it had The Long Dark-esque survival mechanics and actually let you live out more of the days. Double down on the Metroidvania elements of needing certain equipment to traverse certain environments and unlock shortcuts. I'm taking my sweet time with the game, cause I know once I finish the plot, I'll be done with this beautiful landscape they've made.

TraBuch

Banned
Holy shit, Firewatch is great so far. The plot is really starting to pick up, the characters are enjoyable, the environment and art style is gorgeous... fuck it's good. I almost wish it had The Long Dark-esque survival mechanics and actually let you live out more of the days. Double down on the Metroidvania elements of needing certain equipment to traverse certain environments and unlock shortcuts. I'm taking my sweet time with the game, cause I know once I finish the plot, I'll be done with this beautiful landscape they've made.
I simultaneously really liked it and was massively disappointed.

TraBuch

Banned
How were you disappointed? Where the story goes?
I don't wanna spoil anything so I'll just say general lack of freedom and I didn't care for the direction the story went. Obviously, other people really dig where it went, but I guess I was looking for something else.

Jeff answered my Tumblr question! But...he might have taken my question the wrong way? I'm not really sure. http://jeff.zone/post/139094854966/re-giant-bomb-flag-in-rocket-league-totally-get

I think he thought I asked if it was used without consent (GB logo and such) what would happen.

Hm. Yeah, it sounds like he thought you were asking that as well. But I can get from his tone that he probably just doesn't like GB being put into games blatantly-Like a flag in Rocket League. References he'd probably be ok, but something blatant like the logo would make lawyers come down(Without permission).

Jeff has always been clear about separating GB from video games stuff. I imagine if Dan worked there before LA Noire came out, he would've asked him not to get his face scanned.

Watching that Heroes QL from a little while back. Kind of surprised at how cool it looks! For $15 I'll definitely check this out after I get through Firewatch.

GBE next ER, Tales from the Borderlands or the new King's Quest

or blues and bullets

Vinny's already beaten it and Alex played a decent amount of it so I don't think they'd be willing to do that. New King's Quest would be great, but I don't see them doing it until it's all out.

yami4ct

Next ER.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

If you want a video series the GB Community would hate, there's a good one.

2/3rds of the fun of that game is grinding out cool new monsters and that makes for awful streaming. The writing is also cringingly bad most of the time.

yami4ct

You'd have to get a old PS3/PS2 for that. Not sure the GBeast crew has access to one of those. Last I checked, PCSX2 had some real nasty graphical glitches for that one.

I played it that way, so it's not killer, but I would not want to stream it looking like that.

Also, the celebrity VA in Yakuza 1 is less than ideal. It's not the worst ever, but it's real rough in spots.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you want a video series the GB Community would hate, there's a good one.

2/3rds of the fun of that game is grinding out cool new monsters and that makes for awful streaming.

oh I don't know
4-Persona3-30-004.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Nah, I'm watching some other guys LP Shenmue right now and its great but that's because they're under no pressure to wrap it up any time soon, and that game is sort of fun to watch when no-one has any idea what to do. A desire to wrap it up in 4 or 5 sessions means they'd probably have to break out guides

I... want to watch this Arslan anime. It reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist somehow. (Looking it up, it is because it is made by the Fullmetal Alchemist person.)

This is fantastic.

Renpatsu

I... want to watch this Arslan anime. It reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist somehow. (Looking it up, it is because it is made by the Fullmetal Alchemist person.)

This is fantastic.
For the record I think Arakawa adapts the source material to her style very well and translates the story into a pretty good young adult anime look at the Persian epic. Some of the seemingly illogical events in the quick look make more sense obviously when they don't need to incorporate game mechanics into the narrative.

Zekes!

Caught the end of the Phantasmagoria Playdate. What the fuck.

On another note I also finally finished Earthbound, despite having played it repeatedly since I was a teenager and considering it be one of my favourite games.

I walked Paula all the way home

popo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is kind of an aside, but it makes me think of Jeff talking about his arcade cabinets and it makes me wonder how much work he's had to do on it.

From the historical perspective, I'm following a guy on youtube who restores arcade cabinets. And he's restoring a Computer Space. And restoring arcade games is weird foreign stuff but holy shit, restoring arcade games from the 1970s is like you're reading alien blueprints. Fascinating to see how arcades used to be built
but look at that cabinet tho

This is kind of an aside, but it makes me think of Jeff talking about his arcade cabinets and it makes me wonder how much work he's had to do on it.

From the historical perspective, I'm following a guy on youtube who restores arcade cabinets. And he's restoring a Computer Space. And restoring arcade games is weird foreign stuff but holy shit, restoring arcade games from the 1970s is like you're reading alien blueprints. Fascinating to see how arcades used to be built

but look at that cabinet tho

But her foot......

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff answered my Tumblr question! But...he might have taken my question the wrong way? I'm not really sure. http://jeff.zone/post/139094854966/re-giant-bomb-flag-in-rocket-league-totally-get

I think he thought I asked if it was used without consent (GB logo and such) what would happen.
I mean, the rights to GB belong to CBS now, so you better be aware of that and the potential legal repercussions when such a huge company is involved. I also seem to remember that he's not too fond of being in a game without permission. He was actually quite pissed off when that WWE thing happened.

As for the Rocket League flag specifically: maybe they just need a distinct GB community logo? That could actually be pretty useful for stuff like that.

It was the 70s man
What the

Just finished the game. It was pretty alright, the strongest things for me were learning more about Fire-watching and the how do's, the characters and the atmosphere. I wish it was a longer game to be honest because the characters were fun to be around with. The game starts stronger than it ended but I gotta give credit that it ended
very much grounded in reality when the mind keeps thinking it'll be something over the top with all the build up.
Overall, it's good.

Anjin M

Just finished the game. It was pretty alright, the strongest things for me were learning more about Fire-watching and the how do's, the characters and the atmosphere. I wish it was a longer game to be honest because the characters were fun to be around with. The game starts stronger than it ended but I gotta give credit that it ended
very much grounded in reality when the mind keeps thinking it'll be something over the top with all the build up.
Overall, it's good.

Due to slow PSN download speeds, I just started playing tonight. Got a couple hours in and I'm hoping to finish up tomorrow. I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait to see how it wraps up.

After playing Firewatch I think Steve Gaynor's brand of walking simulators is what works best for me.

Firewatch spoilers
that night when the June fire started was real good though.

Myggen

Does the site default to the white background for anyone else every time they visit it now? Began doing that for me yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom