• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone say what that transition was that everyone enjoyed because Twitter has garbage support for attachment embedding like that and I can never load it no matter what time it is?

ArjanN

MK has been putting up these heavily loaded fighting games since the PS2 era, though, well before they even tried their hand at the competitive scene. Like including fake puzzle fighters and fake mario karts and stuff.

Let's face it, capcom has been fucking awful forever with loading their fighting games with interesting content for the single player minded person. The closest they got to being competitive with that stuff was back during the 32 bit era, with the PSX release of Rival Schools and the home ports of SFA3. And still, Namco made those packages look thin with the crazy shit they threw out there with Tekken 3.

My point was more that they didn't really have to because the core fighting was so good, and MK has always had to rely much more on gimmicks/side-stuff.

I want Brad to play anything but Hitman on UPF. GOD DAMN.

Man, Hitman looks like such a return to form, I love it. That said, Brad is absolutely terrible at it.

Dear-God-Its-Beautiful-Zoolander-Mugatu.gif

Volotaire

Again, I think Rocket League segment is a good bet for today.

The Rocket League mention that I really enjoyed the BEAST vs. West livestreams last year. I hope they return to this format for other games soon. I can understand that it is, most probabaly, a logistical nightmare, in terms of equipment and schedules.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
Can't believe he'd point out Brotherhood over Steins;Gate, which is legit one of the best anime series ever.

I've seen neither, and don't really have the time for either! But I had just told Vinny (a big fan of the original FMA) about FMA: Brotherhood's existence a couple of weeks ago. so that was the relevant one!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I've seen neither, and don't really have the time for either! But I had just told Vinny (a big fan of the original FMA) about FMA: Brotherhood's existence a couple of weeks ago. so that was the relevant one!

Honestly I am disappointed in Vinny not knowing about the superior FMA. Good work setting him along the path or righteousness. You really need to watch them though. One of the few good animes.

Good work.

Fullmetal: Alchemist Brotherhood is better than the original anime in pretty much every way. Aside from some initial pacing issues, it's an incredible ride.

Unfortunately, FMAB's licensing rights expire at the end of March, which will make streams and DVDs hard to come by. Watch it while you can!

Never played a Hitman game but I think I might like it.

Whats the problem everyone has with Absolution? I own it on PC but never got around to it.

yami4ct

Good work.

Fullmetal: Alchemist Brotherhood is better than the original anime in pretty much every way. Aside from some initial pacing issues, it's an incredible ride.

Unfortunately, FMAB's licensing rights expire at the end of March, which will make streams and DVDs hard to come by. Watch it while you can!

I think the manga (and I assume Brotherhood, since I never watched it after finishing the manga) really screws the pooch with the ending. It's a great ride getting there, and the original anime is even worse, but it sucked all my desire to go back and watch an adaptation after that.

Never played a Hitman game but I think I might like it.

Whats the problem everyone has with Absolution? I own it on PC but never got around to it.

It wasn't bad, but it had very little of the disguises-related sneaking from the previous games and was more stealth action-oriented a la Splinter Cell.

Tubobutts

Project B.E.A.S.T - Scott Manley Edition
VIDEO ON FEB 15, 2016 06:00 AM

Same three hour later time slot as last week .

im starting to think it means something that I haven't taken any of my Amiibos out of their boxes.

Wow. It's that bad?

It's bad if youre coming from having played 3 damn solid hitman games. It's clearly of the era where publishers were terrified of funding AAA stealth games so they made compromises to make it much more action oriented.

I'm hoping that MGSV has a great influence on both future stealth games and publishers willingness to fund AAA development of them. Square Enx apparently is doing this half step where they're letting Hitman happen but in chunks but i suppose that's better than nothing

I think Chibi-Robo could beat Yarney in a fair fight. Chibi's resourcefulness would outmatch Yarney's monstrous strength.
I think the manga (and I assume Brotherhood, since I never watched it after finishing the manga) really screws the pooch with the ending. It's a great ride getting there, and the original anime is even worse, but it sucked all my desire to go back and watch an adaptation after that.

Don't know how the manga goes, but FMAB and it have some significant divergences as far as plot points.

I want to read the manga some day. I'm dying for more FMA.
Nah the Nina scene was more poignant in the original anime so it has that going for it at least but everything else i liked better in Brotherhood.

I'd categorise that under pacing. But, yeah, I can agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom