• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
The funniest thing in the world to me would be Brad going to that Doom level again tonight. I legit enjoy it and the reactions to him playing it over and over.

The funniest thing in the world to me would be Brad going to that Doom level again tonight. I legit enjoy it and the reactions to him playing it over and over.

I've sort of come around on it in a way. After the first time I was annoyed, but by the end of last time I was enjoying it again. BB: Doom II is still one of my favorite features on the site.

i like that pretending to have a dull and soul searching line of work where youre constantly pondering your existence while doing day long deliveries is exactly how alex chooses to relax and unwind

No_Style

Most of Unravel's music -- the violin specifically -- is grating to my ears. :/

It's like a hair removed from nails on a chalkboard.

Most of Unravel's music -- the violin specifically -- is grating to my ears. :/

It's like a hair removed from nails on a chalkboard.
It's kinda samey. Makes me think of Brothers or something. Edit: Trine. that's what it is.

Bespoke puzzle-platformers are a bustling genre.

Alex "Glass Half-Empty" Navarro strikes again!

Seriously great pic, though. I guess it's for North American Truck Simulator, eh?

No_Style

Smile of the Year.

Re: Unravel

It shouldn't bother me as much as it does but having Yarnie be able to push boulders and other 3D objects along his yarn is dumb! They put the effort of rendering everything as realistically as possible, giving him physics based momentum and generally try to ground it in reality but then they employ that mechanic.

/irrationalrant

Bowlie

Banned
Alex's genuine smile scares me...

Would you rather have this one?
YnKLMOz.png

It's bad if youre coming from having played 3 damn solid hitman games. It's clearly of the era where publishers were terrified of funding AAA stealth games so they made compromises to make it much more action oriented.

I'm hoping that MGSV has a great influence on both future stealth games and publishers willingness to fund AAA development of them. Square Enx apparently is doing this half step where they're letting Hitman happen but in chunks but i suppose that's better than nothing

But like, DMC2 is a bad game even if you don't compare it to the other DMC games. That game still gives me nightmares and a playthrough of it was only 3 hours ._.

Smile of the Year.

Re: Unravel

It shouldn't bother me as much as it does but having Yarnie be able to push boulders and other 3D objects along his yarn is dumb! They put the effort of rendering everything as realistically as possible, giving him physics based momentum and generally try to ground it in reality but then they employ that mechanic.

/irrationalrant

Yeah... The gameplay and aesthetic seem like they're from two different games. Looking at the QL, it needs some sort of connective tissue or greater vision to bring everything together, on the level of Brothers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i like that pretending to have a dull and soul searching line of work where youre constantly pondering your existence while doing day long deliveries is exactly how alex chooses to relax and unwind

I'm essentially doing courier work rihgt now and me and my brother joke about me getting off work from driving all day to go home and relax and drive all day

TraBuch

Banned
I've seen neither, and don't really have the time for either! But I had just told Vinny (a big fan of the original FMA) about FMA: Brotherhood's existence a couple of weeks ago. so that was the relevant one!
And you call yourself Giant Bomb's Japanimation correspondent.

Teddified

From the way they talked about Project B.E.A.S.T. at the end of the Beastcast it sounds like Beast themselves aren't involved in the Scott Manley episode. At least only Drew and Scott are involved.

William

That pic of Alex is great. I came into this thread to check up on stuff I had missed as I've been on a GB hiatus for a few months, and that picture put a big smile on my face.

Frith

alex is like humans in the matrix his life of goofing and video games doesn't feel real he needs it to be a bit of a nightmare or he rejects it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
From the way they talked about Project B.E.A.S.T. at the end of the Beastcast it sounds like Beast themselves aren't involved in the Scott Manley episode. At least only Drew and Scott are involved.

I was wondering if they pulled of some sort of "Ground Control" system, where only Scott/Drew had access to the overall numbers/coordinates/Einsteinshiiiit, and VinCo had to fly blind with only a delayed communication from Scott/Drew.

You know, like certified astronaut, deep blue hero stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom