• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Rorie bringing X-COM. Now we only need somebody to play the actual Syndicate.

edit: Syndicate Wars would be an acceptable replacement. That intro video is also amazing.

Okay help me out, thread: I'm trying to remember the name of an XCOM-ish tactical strategy game that came out around 2004ish. It was set in WWII but also had some weird mech/occult stuff going on if I recall.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AgonizingSlipperyAsianporcupine.gif

omgkitty

I think Jason is just bad.

I think Jason is a decent player that is used to playing people who know what they're doing and use logic. It's hard to play against someone who is just going to hit buttons. It's kinda like that joke with chess when some pro is confounded by someone who doesn't know what they're doing because they can't read their moves.

ArjanN

No, but real talk though: I thought Jason liked fighting games?
He's playing like a beginner. A buttonmasher isn't hard to beat at all if you know they're really only mashing. You just block and punish.

I think Jason is a decent player that is used to playing people who know what they're doing and use logic. It's hard to play against someone who is just going to hit buttons. It's kinda like that joke with chess when some pro is confounded by someone who doesn't know what they're doing because they can't read their moves.

But everyone who plays fighting games sees tons of people oniine like that. Beating those kinds of players is one of the first things you learn. It's only surprising if you get one and you don't realize they're just mashing buttons, but Jason knows how Dan plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom