• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
InferiorUnimportantBrahmanbull.gif

I think Jason is a decent player that is used to playing people who know what they're doing and use logic. It's hard to play against someone who is just going to hit buttons. It's kinda like that joke with chess when some pro is confounded by someone who doesn't know what they're doing because they can't read their moves.

It really isn't

FluxWaveZ

I think Jason is a decent player that is used to playing people who know what they're doing and use logic. It's hard to play against someone who is just going to hit buttons. It's kinda like that joke with chess when some pro is confounded by someone who doesn't know what they're doing because they can't read their moves.

Well, if we're talking honestly, this isn't a good excuse. Good players will easily overcome mashing and random patterns from players who have no idea what they're doing.

Noaloha

Again, suggested this before, new feature:

30-60 min show recorded monday, live or pre-record, whatever.

Jason and Dan, SF5, simple first to five. They play, we watch, show over. Lunchbreak content.

Noaloha

The thing with fighting games is that there're two rock-paper-scissors aspects to them.

block -> attack -> throw -> block

and

mindgames -> functional -> buttonmash -> mindgames

Aaron

I've been saying since Jason brought fighting games on segments that he's actually terrible at them.
And Jeff is rotten at shooters, but it doesn't matter if they're good at them as long as they enjoy them. The closer they are to an average skill level, the more representative they are of the average player. Plus Jason one at least once last time they had SFV on UPF.

I'm surprised how I never hear the sticks at all when Jason plays but the second Dan touches the joystick it sounds like a drum set.

Dan is a louder button masher, I remember Ryan would be the same way with analog sticks on controllers, you could always hear them through his mic clicking and clacking back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom