• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Thx bb
Guys, I created a Discord channel for GBGAF. If y'all don't know what Discord is, it tries to replace Skype, or chats used for gaming. It's very sleek, you can use it practically anywhere, the devs are constantly improving it and I'm seeing many communities creating their own thing there.

Only the coolest cats are there now, but
y'know
come chat with us too

https://discord.gg/0uxwnmLrpdxpLWQ4
Oh, YES

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really anticipating that Quantum Break review. My hype for that game has been a roller coaster.

I fucking love Max Payne 1 but Alan Wake never really hit me.

yami4ct

I'm really anticipating that Quantum Break review. My hype for that game has been a roller coaster.

I fucking love Max Payne 1 but Alan Wake never really hit me.

I'm actually the opposite. Max Payne never did it for me, but I absolutely adore Alan Wake.

Nothing about QB has stood out to me other than it being pretty. Despite the live action cutscenes, it lacks something to give it a real 'Remedy' feel. I'm not sure what that is.

Houndi101

I'm actually the opposite. Max Payne never did it for me, but I absolutely adore Alan Wake.

Nothing about QB has stood out to me other than it being pretty. Despite the live action cutscenes, it lacks something to give it a real 'Remedy' feel. I'm not sure what that is.

Noir I guess..

derFeef

That's part of it I think. It also feels maybe a bit too self serious. Even Max Payne, which took itself fairly seriously, had a over the top side to it as well. QB is crazy visually, but nothing in the story has shown that Remedy charm.

I was watching a stream yesterday frm Remedy directly (don't watch it, spoiler heavy) where they went through an act slowly.
But there were some moments where it felt really "Remedy". There even was a Barry-like character
If you make a choice and he's alive instead of another character
. All the previews so far are really action heavy, but I am pretty sure there will be lot's of parts where the Remedy charm comes through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All the characters they've shown so far just look so fucking boring.

Like it makes sense that it's the TV show format. Because the character bits they've shown look like they fell out of some USA show that's trying to be a HBO show

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man, them talking about the Dark Souls 3 stuff was really cringe inducing, Not only is it just not true that online isnt working at all in any version (its only NOT working in the english, aka "international" version that people accessed via work arounds, the japanese versions do have online) and they blast Namco for that, but they even read the email that states its the international version (aka the western) that has the problem, and they dont go "oh wait japanese versions are actually fine nevermind"

Also Brad says people are pissed because they want to play the game now, as if this was any run of the mill release, and doent talk about the actual reason, which is the Souls series is a series known for its community discovery aspect, which is ruined with a staggered release... and Brad plays these games!

The whole segment was...bad, and im not defending Namco at all, this release was FUCKED, but do a minimum of research man, this is stuff anyone can learn from reading 2 minutes of a Gaf thread (or, I assume, a Giantbomb thread)

I wasn't too excited for the story aspects but I saw a few things and I'm ready for it. I even downloaded the 75GBs of video, all set, take me Remedy.

yami4ct

I wasn't too excited for the story aspects but I saw a few things and I'm ready for it. I even downloaded the 75GBs of video, all set, take me Remedy.

Wait, you can download the video and avoid streaming it? Is that doable on PC as well? One of my biggest fears about that game is the way it's handling video.

Not that downloading 75gbs of video is very practical to me. It would likely take a full week of content download to do (Not even shitting), but I might actually be able to do it when I get back to my school internet connection.

Then again, the streaming would work there as well, so 6 in one way, half dozen in the other.

Lunar FC

All the characters they've shown so far just look so fucking boring.

Like it makes sense that it's the TV show format. Because the character bits they've shown look like they fell out of some USA show that's trying to be a HBO show

Hey! My favorite show of 2015 was on USA.

Also Brad says people are pissed because they want to play the game now, as if this was any run of the mill release, and doent talk about the actual reason, which is the Souls series is a series known for its community discovery aspect, which is ruined with a staggered release... and Brad plays these games!

If that aspect of the games is ruined because of a staggered release then I don't know why it's considered so important, seeing as the first two Souls games both had one.

repeater

Bummed that the new episode of Metal Gear Scanlon just disappeared. I need it.

Speaking of tv. I finally finished the first season of Twin Peaks.

I hear it's all downhill from here.
(About) the first quarter of second season is the same high quality as the first season; second season ending is brilliant; "Fire Walk With Me" is good. So you should basically slog through even the bad parts of the second season to get all the good stuff.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I can't Chromecast GB videos currently. I get another video file with Jeff talking about viewing credentials. Good thing the videos are on YouTube. And I can stream via my Steam Link.

I can't Chromecast GB videos currently. I get another video file with Jeff talking about viewing credentials. Good thing the videos are on YouTube. And I can stream via my Steam Link.

I want to see Jeff talk about viewing credentials.

When's the last time it worked for you? I watched a video on my Chromecast (cast from the Android Video Buddy) last night.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I want to see Jeff talk about viewing credentials.

When's the last time it worked for you? I watched a video on my Chromecast (cast from the Android Video Buddy) last night.

If I download the video in mobile Chrome it will play on my device. If I then try to cast it to my Chromecast device, it plays the error message video.

Everything works fine from my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom