• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

None of these apply to me. Chromecast may have updated something that messed it up?

Don't just look at the OP, search through the thread too. Edgework has replied to some people about problems with Video Buddy.

This is because of long planned changes to the backend IIRC, so I hope they figure it out asap.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Don't just look at the OP, search through the thread too. Edgework has replied to some people about problems with Video Buddy.

This is because of long planned changes to the backend IIRC, so I hope they figure it out asap.

Yeah I'm not using a standalone app or boxset device. If I could only download the error video I would feel more inclined to utilize the information in that thread. The only point of failure is when I try to cast the video. I can watch or download videos on my tablet, phone, and desktop perfectly. If the videos I wanted to access were not on YouTube, I would just stream them via the Steam Link so I'm not too worried.

Thanks for the help though!

If that aspect of the games is ruined because of a staggered release then I don't know why it's considered so important, seeing as the first two Souls games both had one.

Because the community around the souls games is a lot bigger and more thorough now. I expect that most of the lore will already have been pieced together when the game releases in the west, and a good deal of secrets will have been discovered. I don't mind personally as I actually don't like to discuss these games online until I've finished them, but I can see why other people would be disappointed or even pissed.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Only two more hours until they show the GotY 2016. I'm really hoping Dan is on this one.
I share his disgust confusion about the fanservice-y aspects of videogames.

Strax

TV is so bad you guys. Who watches TV anymore? Old people?

TV has never been better
cb99e9a47148768818f6cb06a80ba47e.png

(About) the first quarter of second season is the same high quality as the first season; second season ending is brilliant; "Fire Walk With Me" is good. So you should basically slog through even the bad parts of the second season to get all the good stuff.

This. The season finale is worth going through the second half of the second season. Also it really just breezes by on your first watch if you were enjoying it before. Obviously it's harder to work through if you were kind of on the fence before or if its your second time watching, but going through the first time there is still some stuff to enjoy.

Edit: Also, fuck Mr Robot!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Only two more hours until they show the GotY 2016. I'm really hoping Dan is on this one.
I share his disgust confusion about the fanservice-y aspects of videogames.

Is there really that much to be confused about though?

People are horny.

Why do you think people call GoT dragon's and tits?

Or how every actor has to be a chiseled god?

Antiwhippy

But those are at least real people. Not anime computer people.

So? I have just about the same chance to fuck any of them for real.

Like, if you can accept that people can be represented in a visual fascismile in games I really don't see why we can't accept that we ourselves can have the same feelings and chemical reactions from seeing either a virtual representation or a real one. Especially when virtual representations often have sexual features exaggerated, mostly for the worst really in terms of character design if you don't just care about boobs.

it's like saying it's weird for people to be turned on by erotic fiction. it's nothing new. imagination is a powerful aphrodisiac etc etc

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So? I have just about the same chance to fuck any of them for real.

Like, if you can accept that people can be represented in a visual fascismile in games I really don't see why we can't accept that we ourselves can have the same feelings and chemical reactions from seeing either a virtual representation or a real one. Especially when virtual representations often have sexual features exaggerated, mostly for the worst really in terms of character design if you don't just care about boobs.

Maybe, I dunno.
I just don't get it. I get nothing out of big boobed anime ladies (or regular big boobed computer ladies).
Different strokes (hehe) and so on, I guess.

Antiwhippy

Like don't get me wrong, DOAX3 does nothing for me either, mostly because it comes across as so nakedly fake. Just mining incessantly from the generic anime cuteness mine and slapping on the same tits and ass onto a generic template.

It's even worse than the regular DoA because it strips the most individualistic part of the characters, which is their fighting styles.

Also they're just so terrible to play.

Everything seemed to break for people streaming over home networks (Plex PS4, Chromecast etc etc) yesterday after an apparent update (going from timings in the thread, Edgework's post about different fixes occurred just after it stopped working for me).

Hope they sort it soon!

Myggen

Everything seemed to break for people streaming over home networks (Plex PS4, Chromecast etc etc) yesterday after an apparent update (going from timings in the thread, Edgework's post about different fixes occurred just after it stopped working for me).

Hope they sort it soon!

Yeah, it seems to be some major backend stuff since edgework said they had been talking to app developers about it for 5 months now.

If they're gonna make me play shitty mini games for hours they could at least have the decency to Show It.

minigame-zoned again

Antiwhippy

That's why you read josei, where all the women are incredibly depressed individuals who somehow get surrounded by objectified and sexualised males who are still in high school.

Either that or get sucked into relationships with abusive boyfriends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom