• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Ordered the dumb Deluxe Edition. $76 after Prime discount. I guess $16 isn't bad for a dumb movie and a steelbook. I could always cancel it.

There is zero chance I cancel it.

Jintor

something about seeing what visually reads to me as generic anime pretty boys holding folding chairs and beers really speaks to me

yami4ct

That Deluxe Edition boxart.

Ce2RJ27UAAQJT6G.jpg:large

Dammit. Extra $16 completely justified.

Doop

something about seeing what visually reads to me as generic anime pretty boys holding folding chairs and beers really speaks to me

I want to play an entire game about having a roadtrip and camping. I think that might be the only reason why I want to play FFXV, I haven't even played any other final fantasy game.

yami4ct

I'm not kidding, but generic anime/male model pretty boys is one of my favorite character aesthetics.

They always clash with their surroundings in the most hilarious ways.

I also like anything where you get both cars AND dragons in the same universe in the same timeframe.

You also get Sci-Fi shit like giant flying warships. What is there not to love?

i don't know what response you want out of me. the rest of it looks cool as fuck. but specifically it's the dichotomy of anime-ass people just chilling out with folding chairs and beers that I really like

the stardew valley of final fantasy

what if you could have your own farm and get married and have anime babies

kvk1

i don't know what response you want out of me. the rest of it looks cool as fuck. but specifically it's the dichotomy of anime-ass people just chilling out with folding chairs and beers that I really like

That's cool dude. I wasn't judging. I apologize if it came off that way.

I was just curious if you were joking or if that's really what hit you about the game at a first glance.

Jintor

the stardew valley of final fantasy

what if you could have your own farm and get married and have anime babies

THAT WOULD BE SO FUCKING SICK

That's cool dude. I wasn't judging. I apologize if it came off that way.

I was just curious if you were joking or if that's really what hit you about the game first.

nah is cool. i mean, i've seen ff's brand of weird techno-modern fantasy, like, a lot. But the roadtrip thing is almost entirely new, at least at this fidelity. My first thoughts are actually something like... I dunno. In terms of quality it'd be Full Throttle?

do they have spiky-ass hair and lots of belts?

CAN I BE A BELT FARMER

That's the Squall DLC. God Squall was fucking awesome. He had like 4 belts on his waste, 3 belts on one of his legs, god Squall is the best.

THAT WOULD BE SO FUCKING SICK

RIGHT? How chill would it be to just have your own farm, you and your boys working on it, at night just set up a campfire and eat to get bonuses for the next day...I'm going to be disappointed if XV doesn't have a farm.

Sounds like a nightmare.

Or a funmare!

Do any of the potential husbands look like Gackt?

I hope so. I hope it's Squall.

yami4ct

Oh man.

We live in a world where Final Fantasy XV, announced nearly 10 years ago, is going to come out before P5.

Are we talking in the US or at all?

P5 is totally hitting in August for Japan. Atlus has notoriously short marketing cycles. Once the marketing kicks into actual gear (Not this drawn out announcement crap), the game will be out soon after.

P5 is totally hitting in August for Japan. Atlus has notoriously short marketing cycles. Once the marketing kicks into actual gear (Not this drawn out announcement crap), the game will be out soon after.

they'll delay it or something

Trust me, I know atlus

yami4ct

Call it a hunch.

.................I just...I really need FFXV to come out first.

Sounds like someone has a bet going on. I fully expect we'll be getting another P5 PV with a true date in the next month at the latest. Shit is going to be turning up soon.

If P5 and FFXV both hit this year and are good, it's been a hell of a year to be a gamer.

robotrock

Banned

Where are you getting August from?

Also what's the next event that has at least 5% chance of Persona 5 news

yami4ct

Where are you getting August from?

Also what's the next event that has at least 5% chance of Persona 5 news

Last event said Summer. They aren't launching the same month as FFXV as that would be suicide. Any time later would be missing their summer date, and given how much is being planned around P5 I don't think they can afford that. July seems too early, which basically just leaves August. Late July is possible, but I don't see it likely.

I have to look at the event calendar again, since I don't remember exactly where all of Atlus big shit this year lies. They could always do a big random stream like they did with P5's announcement, though.

robotrock

Banned
Last event said Summer. They aren't launching the same month as FFXV as that would be suicide. Any time later would be missing their summer date, and given how much is being planned around P5 I don't think they can afford that. July seems too early, which basically just leaves August. Late July is possible, but I don't see it likely.

I have to look at the event calendar again, since I don't remember exactly where all of Atlus big shit this year lies. They could always do a big random stream like they did with P5's announcement, though.

True.

I hope we get some news soon. And it better make it out in the US this year.

yami4ct

True.

I hope we get some news soon. And it better make it out in the US this year.

I'm 90% sure it will if anything being said about P5's development is true. It's been content complete since the middle of last year and just in polish time. Gives ample time to localize the content. Atlus has done simultaneous and near simultaneous launches before. If there's a game they'll pull all the stops for, it'll be Persona 5. I also remember some vague hints at US VAs recording dialogue for P5 as early as late last year.

My bet is either a simultaneous launch or Late July/August Japan and October US.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GB pushing this 'LucasArts adventure games were cool' narrative.

LucasArts adventure games were for soft babies that couldn't handle death

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was watching the Hyper Light Drifter quicklo...err unfinished (from way back in october 2014) and Alex sounds so giddy talking about it in a way I havent seen since the Darkest Dungeon quicklook (or the Kirby Yarn quicklook lol), I assume GBeast will be the ones covering it

When they do more Oculus on UPF, I really hope they try No Limits 2 with it. Then go to Steam Workshop and download a park someone made. No Limits is easily the most advanced roller coaster game available. If you have the skill and time, it is the best choice for someone who wants realism (both physically/mathematically and graphically). Jeff actually has the game. He played it on UPF a while back.

This would be awesome in VR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJjJBiu3-2A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom