• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of PAX East, since everything is leaked these days the schedule for that thing has been leaked. The GB panel only being 1 hour is a huge bummer.

Wonder if they'll do that bar stream with questions again. I can understand only doing an hour if they do the Q&A part as their own thing. Hopefully half that hour doesn't go to GFB/Wrestling crap.

Myggen

I'm just going to say something about the "no anime" posts.

I don't like the feeling that I have to be on tip-toes in this thread lest I get banned. I liked being able to talk about whatever anime, wrestling, F1, current topic, with a group of like-minded people who also happen to like Giant Bomb. If that really isn't allowed anymore then that's a shame, I'll abide by it and probably not post much here, if at all.

Though really from what I've seen in my 7 years on this website is that it's fine to go off topic as long as it doesn't get too perverted, too offensive, or too hostile to any other group on GAF. Heck, I've been following Giant Bomb since the beginning and posted in Giant Bomb threads on GAF since the very first thread and it's always been fine. I'd say Giant Bomb and going off-topic are intrinsically linked.

I think the ban was put in place because of the absurd spam, which was mostly anime talk, at the end of last thread. With the ground rules EmCee laid for this thread a long time ago it was okay to talk about off topic stuff to a degree since GB isn't only about games, but the new rule is pretty explicit. But yeah, people are right that weve probably talked too much about this meta stuff already.

Jeez, was just curious as i ended up thinking about it a lot today. People are on the edge huh.

Brianna Wu.

Zaph

Oh shit, paging Jeff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EcIxywXHg

Jeremy loves pinball even more than Jeff, and was talking about making this on the Tested podcast, but I didn't think he'd put a prototype together so fast.

XNhc5fC.jpg

I'm willing to bet that's a lock for PAX Prime in August.

With a bit of luck...

Ketch

Holy shit the random drooling after like 15 min of playin it cool in the DOA QL had me busting up laughing. Fuckin hilarious.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Q+a is the living incarnation of all official giant bomb threads across the Internet. We cannot hate what we are.

Myggen

nah, I think he means that other lady whose name I forget. but I don't have any interest in looking her up.

Ah, yeah I know who you're talking about. But yeah, not very relevant to anything.

Leigh Alexander

Haha, no. Okay if people are gonna begin to speculate that person is Maddy Myers. Shes an editor at The Mary Sue now, previously Paste Magazine. Friend of Austin. The shit that happened to her is the lowest point of the GB community, just fucking disgusting. Thats why bringing that up is a pretty sensitive thing.

Patryn

Sure, but this means that there probably wont be random shenanigans, which sucks.

Now that PAXAMANIA is in the main theater, that's a more than big enough stage for that stuff.

Also, can we please stop composing an enemies list for GB? Let's just leave all that stuff in the past. That was all dark times for GB-world and things are much brighter now. Can't we just enjoy that?

Nero18

Haha, no. Okay if people are gonna begin to speculate that person is Maddy Myers. Shes an editor at The Mary Sue now, previously Paste Magazine. Friend of Austin. The shit that happened to her is the lowest point of the GB community, just fucking disgusting. Thats why bringing that up is a pretty sensitive thing.

Myers might be the one.

I guess it depends on what part of their panels you value. The money booth thing went on for 4x as long as it was funny, they don't need to keep dedicating time to Paxamania, etc

there's probably some obligation to Q&A because that probably gets some amount of people in the seats alone, but I think a solid 45 minutes of whatever isn't that bad.

Myggen

Now that PAXAMANIA is in the main theater, that's a more than big enough stage for that stuff.

Also, can we please stop composing an enemies list for GB? Let's just leave all that stuff in the past. That was all dark times for GB-world and things are much brighter now. Can't we just enjoy that?

Dont think anyone here is composing enemy lists. I'm sure we all agree that the harassment Maddy recieved for nothing was fucking disgusting.

I guess it depends on what part of their panels you value. The money booth thing went on for 4x as long as it was funny, they don't need to keep dedicating time to Paxamania, etc

there's probably some obligation to Q&A because that probably gets some amount of people in the seats alone, but I think a solid 45 minutes of whatever isn't that bad.

Someone here mentioned last year that PAX mandates that you have to do a Q&A if you do a normal panel, have no idea if thats true or not.

if they never did a PAX event ever again i would be okay with it.

but i get it, they get something out of engaging fans directly and hanging out with their buds. I can't fault them for doing these things

Nero18

Dont think anyone here is composing enemy lists. I'm sure we all agree that the harassment Maddy recieved for nothing was fucking disgusting.

Feel like the worst part of what happens to those people is that they get put through hell but are then forgotten pretty quickly despite the attacks continuing.

popo

you have to admit, it's weird that we can't even discuss anime that is directly related to actual GB content.

I get it if off topic anime talk was banned but the straight up anime moratorium seems a bit much. And i don't even like anime that much, the only anime show i've watched in the last 15 years is JoJo.

but hey i don't make the rules so i guess it is what it is

What rules? AFAIK our beloved overseer descended from on high and gave forth the command "NO ANIME". This can be interpreted in a number of ways to what degree of anime it applies to.

If you should decide to test the limits with some on topic anime discussion it is your account to risk. I doubt you would be banished for a first offence - not permed anyway :D

*Ahem*

So what do people think the odds of there being a BLLSL this year? 5 percent?

They announced the last one at PAX East, right? But last year PAX East was in February, and this year it's at the end of April, so...........

Don't push me people or I will bring us right back to the GOTY talk. You know I can do that, I think I demonstrated that amply last year...

I don't think they see BLLSL as an annual event any more. It does eat a lot of time for the planning. All day launch stream produce as much content without the week of prep and cleanup either side.

Patryn

Someone here mentioned last year that PAX mandates that you have to do a Q&A if you do a normal panel, have no idea if thats true or not.

That's interesting. I've been to....8? PAXes and I never knew that.

I guess most panels I've gone to have talked about doing Q&A, but I've seen plenty that have just burned all their time leaving like 2 minutes for questions.

the most memorable parts of their panels for me are almost always the conversation parts anyway. Jeff's pennies, for one.

One of my favorites was when Alex said randomly that he hated his hair and if anyone had electric clippers in the audience he would shave his head on stage and everyone just kinda ignored him.

Myggen

That's interesting. I've been to....8? PAXes and I never knew that.

I guess most panels I've gone to have talked about doing Q&A, but I've seen plenty that have just burned all their time leaving like 2 minutes for questions.

As I said, it might be bullshit. But it would kinda make sense if PAX wanted that kind of crowd interaction as much as possible.

edit This DOAX3 QL is some quality content.

Ketch

If this is not a thread where it's safe to at any moment summarize the entire plot to all of dragon ball, dragon ball z, and dragon ball GT for literally no reason then I'd say moderation has failed.

What is GB if not rediculously off topic bullshit that goes way too far for no reason?

If this is not a thread where it's safe to at any moment summarize the entire plot to all of dragon ball, dragon ball z, and dragon ball GT for literally no reason then I'd say moderation has failed.

What is GB if not rediculously off topic bullshit that goes way too far for no reason?

you mean Super, right

non-canon hijinks has no place in this thread

popo

What is GB if not ridiculously off topic bullshit that goes way too far for no reason?

You could discuss Vinny summarizing the plot of Dragon Ball.

Seriously though. The problem is that if you post said summary it would likely generate pages of arguing about it. I think the idea is that there is already a thread for you to post and discuss your DB plot summaries.

The same applies to a lot of topics - not only anime and wrestling (but mostly anime and wrestling).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom