• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Harmonix is doing another Rock Band night but I have my doubts that we'll get to hear the siren song of Shoemaker this year.

Patryn

Harmonix is doing another Rock Band night but I have my doubts that we'll get to hear the siren song of Shoemaker this year.

Do they even have any friends left working there?

with 3 days left, the Rock Band 4 PC port figstarter is a million dollars short of being funded.

So, how long till Harmonix closes shop?

That was always such a terrible idea. I feel bad for Harmonix, especially since I live in the Boston area, but... yeah. They should have seen this coming.

popo

This DOA quick look is a quote goldmine.

10 minutes in and already we have.

Dan (to Jeff) : You're butt says "honey!"

Jeff : Zack gives you a present every day ... at night.

Not to mention Dan almost going in to a "normal guy" rant about laying on a bed the wrong way.

hamchan

with 3 days left, the Rock Band 4 PC port figstarter is a million dollars short of being funded.

So, how long till Harmonix closes shop?

Looking so rough. That they even had to make this figstarter to raise money for a port is one thing. To have it fail miserably is another. It's a real shame because they were looking so damn good at one point, even managing to partner with the Beatles and getting centre stage at press conferences. The whole fall of the plastic instruments industry combined with them placing their bets on Kinect just destroyed them. Real sad and I don't know when they'll close but it can't be for much longer.

This DOA quick look is a quote goldmine.

10 minutes in and already we have.

Dan (to Jeff) : You're butt says "honey!"

Jeff : Zack gives you a present every day ... at night.

Not to mention Dan almost going in to a "normal guy" rant about laying on a bed the wrong way.

lol, I missed that one

Looking so rough. That they even had to make this figstarter to raise money for a port is one thing. To have it fail miserably is another. It's a real shame because they were looking so damn good at one point, even managing to partner with the Beatles and getting centre stage at press conferences. The whole fall of the plastic instruments industry combined with them placing their bets on Kinect just destroyed them. Real sad and I don't know when they'll close but it can't be for much longer.

Imagine they got to do Guns N Roses Rock Band.

Gurrry

Man, I wish they would have come to Pax South. I didnt get to go last year, but I went this year and GB decided to not go.

I understand travelling to Texas is a hassle and Pax South isnt as big as the others yet.. but it was disappointing that I didnt get to see my favorite duders do a panel. I realllllly hope they go there next year. It sucks feeling like your local pax is the one that isnt worthy enough. :(

Kimaka

Man, I wish they would have come to Pax South. I didnt get to go last year, but I went this year and GB decided to not go.

I understand travelling to Texas is a hassle and Pax South isnt as big as the others yet.. but it was disappointing that I didnt get to see my favorite duders do a panel. I realllllly hope they go there next year. It sucks feeling like your local pax is the one that isnt worthy enough. :(

Yeah. I regret not going that year because it seems like they might not go again.

StoveOven

Banned
if they never did a PAX event ever again i would be okay with it.

but i get it, they get something out of engaging fans directly and hanging out with their buds. I can't fault them for doing these things

The reason I like that they do PAX is because it gives them another reason for both coasts to be together

popo

oh man. Dan has a great "fake" lecherous laugh about 27m in. After the dealer "busts" at blackjack.

The reason I like that they do PAX is because it gives them another reason for both coasts to be together

and they all get to go out with friends on the company ticket. Can't blame them for that.

justjim89

I'm halfway through a 36-hour fast that will end tonight at 10PM, and I just weighed in at an all-time low. What should my celebration fast food meal be? I'm conflicted between McDonald's, Taco Bell, or that new Nashville spicy chicken at KFC.

Also, what happened to Metal Gear Scanlon? Was it full of wolbachia or something?

MG310

I'm halfway through a 36-hour fast that will end tonight at 10PM, and I just weighed in at an all-time low. What should my celebration fast food meal be? I'm conflicted between McDonald's, Taco Bell, or that new Nashville spicy chicken at KFC.

Also, what happened to Metal Gear Scanlon? Was it full of wolbachia or something?

Put the Nashville Hot inside of the Quesalupa

Gurrry

Bro, go eat some real food.

popo

Do they make volleyball games any more? Arcade rather than sim. There has to be something on steam right?

I remember there was a game called Outlaw Volleyball on PS2. The art direction was gross but the game was pretty fun. I played a lot of that game.

Also.

"Zoom in right through her business and you can just see the honey butt!"

No_Style

Do they even have any friends left working there?

I don't pay close attention to Harmonix but it seemed like the moment their friends left, Jeff and Alex started to allude more and more of how the end is nigh for Harmonix. There's this feeling in the air that they're holding their tongue about the studio too.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Zaph

I don't pay close attention to Harmonix but it seemed like the moment their friends left, Jeff and Alex started to allude more and more of how the end is nigh for Harmonix. There's this feeling in the air that they're holding their tongue about the studio too.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Alex did more than just alluding on twitter not so long ago. Pretty much stated that upper management was replaced by an outsider who gutted the company culture and now everyone is jumping ship.

Nashville Hot Chicken is a limited time thing, so get that.

Myggen

Alex did more than just alluding on twitter not so long ago. Pretty much stated that upper management was replaced by an outsider who gutted the company culture and now everyone is jumping ship.

IIRC he mentioned this on the Beastcast too in regards to why they would do that Rock Band 4 Fig.

How many people work at Harmonix these days?

Seems like every few months they have major layoffs or some high profile people leave them.

I guess if Oculus is paying for RB VR that could keep the doors open for that small team but I wonder how many more cuts they can realistically make before just shutting down would be the logical option.

So, it's one of those days where the ipad is still on and Jeff went inside the office. Either he'll come to turn it off or the battery will just die out but if you want some spooky mixlr background noise, now is the time.

Frith

assuming the fast was a weight loss thing

now is not the time to use food as a reward

consolidate those losses by just eating something okish for you

any other reason get that chicken

I haven't watched any MGScanlon since they came back because they've overtaken when I got to in the game. But if I don't care enough to finish the game, why do I care about being "spoiled"? What is wrong with me?

I haven't watched any MGScanlon since they came back because they've overtaken when I got to in the game. But if I don't care enough to finish the game, why do I care about being "spoiled"? What is wrong with me?

MGSV was a hell of a game for 20-30 hours.

Then, i stuck with the last 20-30 hours because I wanted to be able to walk away from MGSV feeling like i had no reason to go back.

I can totally understand if folks walk away from the game after chapter 1. I needed to see it through but it's not for everyone.

TraBuch

Banned
I've been watching some WCW PPVs and there were some duuuuumb gimmicks back then. A white guy is a supposed Japanese assassin with a mask over his face named Super Invader, a guy named Oz managed by a guy named The Great Wizard, a guy named Arachnaman that was literally just a purple and yellow Spider Man, the infamous Dungeon of Doom and Glacier.

Shit is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom