• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin got the cat. I got the cat too. It's a good cat.

Ce7Zu8UW8AEIxfH.jpg

The cat is the best!

yami4ct

that fucker still has my name huh

nah, my account is under my real name i think. can't you just add a nintendo id or something tho

Unfortunately no. Adding friends in Mitomo is the part of the process that sucks. You either have to be recommended from inside the app, mutual twitter followers, Facebook friends or add each other in person. It's dumb.

Tagyhag

Damn, didn't think about Dan not being back by the time they do the Vive stream. Hope he makes it, his enthusiasm helps showcase VR, even with the mediocre Oculus games.

Drew seems really peppy this episode

He sees the light. V really sucked out his soul from the entire series.

yami4ct

Nothing from the Vive lineup has any more pep than the Oculus one. First one to have complete software seems to the PSVR, but even that is pretty thin. Golem looks down right bad and unfun.

jambo

Nothing from the Vive lineup has any more pep than the Oculus one. First one to have complete software seems to the PSVR, but even that is pretty thin. Golem looks down right bad and unfun.

I'm still holding out (insane) hope that L4D3 will drop on Wednesday.

daydream

Banned
i think i added you, bowlie, but anyway, here's my twitter for you miitomo cats

twitter.com/daydreamgaf

vive stream is great news

yami4ct

I'm still holding out (insane) hope that L4D3 will drop on Wednesday.

Do you really think L4D3 is a VR game? Valve seems to have (correctly) concluded that you can't shoehorn a traditional shooter into VR. It's why HL3 (If it ever exists) probably won't be VR unless there are amazing revelations about how to replicate traditional mechanics without making people puke.

derFeef

No Killer Instinct coverage? All the SFV problems and they never hit on KI Season 3 or the PC release. Such a good fighting game.

jaina

I think the Vive software on launch will be inherently better because devs can assume that all owners have the motion controllers (and lighthouse). Similar to how the Kinect-less Xbone killed Kinect games, the later launch of Oculus Touch as peripheral harmed the Oculus software.

I think the Vive software on launch will be inherently better because devs can assume that all owners have the motion controllers (and lighthouse). Similar to how the Kinect-less Xbone killed Kinect games, the later launch of Oculus Touch as peripheral harmed the Oculus software.
But having movement controls won't make so-so games great. Alot of the vr launch line up seem to be hi res Wii mini game collections.

Anyone else having issues with the site? First it was giving me an error when I tried to watch MGS now I can't even get connected.

Came to ask about this. My ps4 keeps having intermittent problems loading vids, sometimes get an error message. Stay logged in tho. What gives? Anyone know?

yami4ct

But having movement controls won't make so-so games great. Alot of the vr launch line up seem to be hi res Wii mini game collections.

I expect to see even more of those on Vive.

The big game that Vive evangelists seem to have been pushing is Job Simulator. Well that game's cute, it certainly aint no system seller.

Tagyhag

Have you played Budget Cuts? That was a game that left enough of an impression on me that I could see myself playing for enough hours like a "regular" game.

Either way, GiantBomb acknowledges that this is after all a launch lineup, and launch lineups are almost always mediocre, and that's on systems that don't have new factors to play with.

jaina

I have seen Budget Cuts on Tested, it's a good launch game (albeit being short and with limited replay value). Job Simulator I think I've seen but don't remember any of it.

yami4ct

Have you played Budget Cuts? That was a game that left enough of an impression on me that I could see myself playing for enough hours like a "regular" game.

Either way, GiantBomb acknowledges that this is after all a launch lineup, and launch lineups are almost always mediocre, and that's on systems that don't have new factors to play with.

No. I haven't. I'm certain it's good, but given the state of VR, it isn't 'buy a $700 accessory' good.

I think given the power required to even play these games and the cost of the devices, they deserve the extra scrutiny they're getting over regular launch lineups. Regular consoles also usually have games you can point to in the next year to two that you can bet are going to be impressive. VR doesn't have that yet.

I also think it's worth discussing whether VR at room scale is even a viable idea currently.

hamchan

Nah, saw that coming. Once he described the gunplay I knew that he wouldn't like it.

Sometimes you can't tell. We all thought he would give the Division a low score based on what he was saying but that got a 4/5.

Though Quantum Break always did look super rough based on Drew's footage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sometimes you can't tell. We all thought he would give the Division a low score based on what he was saying but that got a 4/5.

Though Quantum Break always did look super rough based on Drew's footage.
He said he liked shooting the guns in the division, so I knew that it wouldn't be that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom