• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey. Hey.

We already agreed that 'Drew, Fuck this Tank' would be the next thread title. Don't let a bad pun turn you down the wrong path.

Nah I'm talking about the thread title for the vive steam.

Giantbomb | What a time to be a vive launch day steam

I always like reading Jeff's reviews, even if I don't always agree with him. I'm looking forward to playing QB myself (especially since I got it for free). That being said, I'm still surprised that Brad didn't review the game. Obviously there's no rules on who should or shouldn't review a game, but I would have liked to hear his thoughts since he also reviewed Alan Wake.

We cannot repeat the atrocity of Reduced Fat once again.
You're right, that is why PAIN.STEAM.PAIN must be the next title.
I always like reading Jeff's reviews, even if I don't always agree with him. I'm looking forward to playing QB myself (especially since I got it for free). That being said, I'm still surprised that Brad didn't review the game. Obviously there's no rules on who should or shouldn't review a game, but I would have liked to hear his thoughts since he also reviewed Alan Wake.
I imagine we'll hear some thoughts from Brad on a bombcast in the next few weeks.

Myggen

Nah I'm talking about the thread title for the vive steam.

Giantbomb | What a time to be a vive launch day steam

Your titles are terrible.

Giant Bomb Vive Launch Stream | What a time to be a Vive

Isn't Brad reviewing Dark Souls 3 right now? If he is that's taking up all his reviewing time.

derFeef

Yeah, hopefully he plays it and shares his views on the bombcast.
Paging Brad.

Tubobutts

Now no one will ever know my terrible Vive pun.

Is it confirmed Brad is reviewing Dark Souls? I would think it would be Austin.

2/5? Damn, looks like the worst case scenario happened for the game.

Well, Alan Wake is coming to backwards compatibility if I want my Remedy fix until QB gets a price drop.

Edit: catching up on the oculus stream. seems like most of the games at the moment are just VR ports from the Gear VR game. It'll be nice to see games that actually look like they were made for the more powerful headsets.

yami4ct

2/5? Damn, looks like the worst case scenario happened for the game.

Well, Alan Wake is coming to backwards compatibility if I want my Remedy fix until QB gets a price drop.

Edit: catching up on the oculus stream. seems like most of the games at the moment are just VR ports from the Gear VR game. It'll be nice to see games that actually look like they were made for the more powerful headsets.

Maybe QB not impressing means Remedy can focus time on giving fans what they actually want.

Where's my Alan Wake 2, dammit?!

Zaph

Can always rely on your boy Jeff to help you through a boring friday at work. Hoping the review thread delivers

dyHTuIy.gif

Doop

It's kinda crazy how they are under an embargo but random Twitch streamers can do whatever they want

It sounds like after today, or maybe starting from today, the twitch streamers who got the game early are going to be under embargo until launch. Probably doesn't apply to the dudes who got it from the JP store though.

JonCha

Disappointed there's no Quick Look scheduled for Hyper Light Drifter. I guess it has only just come out so a QL next week looks likely?

Myggen

Disappointed there's no Quick Look scheduled for Hyper Light Drifter. I guess it has only just come out so a QL next week looks likely?

Jeff is playing it on his day off today according to someone in this thread (I can't rememeber, probably something Jeff said on a Mixlr). So them recording a QL of it on Tuesday is likely, unless it's GBEast who are covering that game.

JonCha

Jeff is playing it on his day off today according to someone in this thread (I can't rememeber, probably something Jeff said on a Mixlr). So them recording a QL of it on Tuesday is likely, unless it's GBEast who are covering that game.

That's good to know. I'm a bit surprised Jeff's playing it (though like you said it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be in the Quick Look). It seems like a game Brad or Vinny would cover.

oti

Banned
I'm gonna get real here for a sec.
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 are the best games of all time and if you disagree you are WRONG. Jeff and Brad are WRONG.

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also fucking hell, apparently it's broken up by having 3 or so missions in between these 25 minute episodes focused on side characters?

Alan Wake was a 2/5 game with clunky exploration, a lack of enemy variety and some pretty cool story beats to set it apart from other titles so I don't see why Jeff's low review is shocking folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom