• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Will's VR thing is impressive. If they're able to build out an entire suite of tools for VR production (especially live media) and get it working semi-decently on Cardboard/Gear, they could do very well. I imagine the Avid's and NewTek's will end up watching them very closely.

Will got in bed with Mike Tatum? Project is fucked. Even for biz dev, dude is a liar.
The podcast split was misguided, but I don't remember anything like that from WM days?

repeater

9NnoGrG.jpg
Can I make the next OT?

Tubobutts

Will's show makes me think of Second Life.

Like what crazy business people thought Second Life would be. Not penises raining from the sky and people turning into twerking airplanes.

popo

The podcast split was misguided, but I don't remember anything like that from WM days?

Off the top of my head? "If we get ___ subscribers we will tour Australia", "we are making new sites - specifically a book site", "yes Will, Tested will get a wiki".

idk, it is the job of a biz dev guy to over promise but he always seemed a bit sleazy. It could just be me. He once PM'ed me on the site and gave me a hard sell guilt trip about buying a membership. It was right after they launched and I was questioning their worth on the forums. This was before they had a premium show and it was essentially "give us money for a shirt - which was way expensive for europeans - and you get to download HD videos. $50.

Plus, he threw away his shoes rather than wipe shit off of them,
which Rorie may or may not have fished out of the trash. :D

Zaph

Off the top of my head? "If we get ___ subscribers we will tour Australia", "we are making new sites - specifically a book site", "yes Will, Tested will get a wiki".

idk, it is the job of a biz dev guy to over promise but he always seemed a bit sleazy. It could just be me. He once PM'ed me on the site and gave me a hard sell guilt trip about buying a membership. It was right after they launched and I was questioning their worth on the forums. This was before they had a premium show and it was essentially "give us money for a shirt - which was way expensive for europeans - and you get to download HD videos. $50.

Plus, he threw away his shoes rather than wipe shit off of them,
which Rorie may or may not have fished out of the trash. :D

Fair enough. Maybe I'm being too easy on them because I've been there with a new business, but I always got the impression those issues weren't malicious but down to how unexpectedly hard the slow economic recovery hit them. Money got very tight, very quickly. And the Australia idea was always dumb which they received a warranted backlash for.

Also, when WM folded, he did a good job getting them homes that wouldn't completely fuck them. That counts for a lot, especially when you look at the state of their peers.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like Christ Almighty, if there's one thing that makes me want to blow my brains out is having to trawl through shitty photoshopped thumbnails of YouTuber faces when I go looking for game footage. It's the one thing that really gets me irrationally angry.

Paragon actually looks kind of neat.

Yeah I'll definitely give it a try when it's released (or when the beta opens up).

edit: Ugh, not sure I like the stuff outside the match. Particularly getting a gameplay bonus for the mastery tree and the cards coming from random card packs.

Like Christ Almighty, if there's one thing that makes me want to blow my brains out is having to trawl through shitty photoshopped thumbnails of YouTuber faces when I go looking for game footage. It's the one thing that really gets me irrationally angry.

Hating hype culture bullshit is the most rational thing in the world m8.

Jintor

don't forget the giant text

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I've actually unsubscribed to people who I liked at first, until I started seeing they started using stupid thumbnails like that. Making a play-through of a game look like they're in some god damn warzone with stupid text, and exaggerated facial expressions.

The pacing of MOBAs looks very tactically interesting but I don't know if I have the patience to not put myself in terrible situations all the time.

demidar

The pacing of MOBAs looks very tactically interesting but I don't know if I have the patience to not put myself in terrible situations all the time.

Too bad they go hand-in-hand. When you put high pressure situations with having to work with others, people become absolutely terrible. Even HotS which is supposed to be the layman's MOBA is rife with toxicity.

daydream

Banned
it's weird and i don't know whether it's the source material or the way the videos are cut but the last ~20 best ofs or so haven't really done it for me

Antiwhippy

The Paragon video is broken too

Wonder what's happening thats causing the videos to be broken

THIS IS THE WORST APRIL FOOLS

Working for me. Using HTML5.

Speaking of which, I really can't seem to get into the art-style of any of these shooter moba gmaes. They just look so... incoherent.

Part of me wishes they actually make it look like a future sport.

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I've actually unsubscribed to people who I liked at first, until I started seeing they started using stupid thumbnails like that. Making a play-through of a game look like they're in some god damn warzone with stupid text, and exaggerated facial expressions.

You guys aren't wrong but I hope you realize it brings in more viewers than it gets rid of. Getting angry at it is really dumb though. It's just a thumbnail.

Speaking of which, I really can't seem to get into the art-style of any of these shooter moba gmaes. They just look so... incoherent.

Yeah, the scifi fantasy hybrid that a lot of these are trying to do is real messy.

Antiwhippy

You guys aren't wrong but I hope you realize it brings in more viewers than it gets rid of. Getting angry at it is really dumb though. It's just a thumbnail.

I know, which is why I said that it makes me irrationally angry.

I know I should really just not care about it, but god it makes me so mad!

Yeah, the scifi fantasy hybrid that a lot of these are trying to do is real messy.

Yeah, there's like a cat in a robot, the grim reaper, and some weird ogre looking dude, like, what does anything have to do with anything.

I think that's why Overwatch looks so good. Like even though there's a Gorilla and robot people, everything fits in its weird own way.

Yeah, there's like a cat in a robot, the grim reaper, and some weird ogre looking dude, like, what does anything have to do with anything.

Yeah, and that whole weird Smörgåsbord approach could maybe work if it didn't look like Gears of War at it's base.

I think that's why Overwatch looks so good. Like even though there's a Gorilla and robot people, everything fits in its weird own way.
Yeah I think overwatch makes the same thing ideas work better aesthetically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom