• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to be unnecessarily snarky. No, it wouldn't be easier to keep a written sheet of paper than to have all my watched/unwatched videos sync to a half dozen devices automatically.

I had about fifteen videos unwatched over the span of three years. Without the syncing and without my preferred methodology of watching, that number will go up.

Sorry, the way you described it, it sounded like you had a bigger backlog. No snark intended. If I had a year of videos I had missed or wasn't sure what was watched, I'd just shrug and start over for now.

jaina

Ok so I did a Twitter, now how do I make it readable when someone does a series of tweets in a row (IE Austin)?
you skim/scroll past it. Austin just tweets a lot, to the point that has apologized for it in the past :) for some people it's good to disable showing their retweets, but Austin has the occasional interesting link :/

yami4ct

In some of the twitter apps, you can click on one of the tweets in a sequence and it brings all of them up in an actual readable format.

I've done it on occasion, but multiple linked tweets are on a whole a very bad idea. If you're trying to communicate a large idea, Twitter is awful for it. As much as I still dig it, Twitter is awful at most things.

yami4ct

Hopefully (if) there's a Portal 3, the Personality Spheres are de-emphasised. They were awesome in Portal 2, but I'm hoping a Portal 3 is to Portal 2 what 2 was to 1. Deemphasize the old ideas and put in a bunch of new and clever things. It's the only way they can maintain the same cleverness of humor and puzzles.

Kinda hope there isn't a portal 3 actually. I thought Portal 2, while being a very good game, was completely unneeded and could have easily fallen into being a bad game.

Doop

I think Portal 2 was a great game, but I don't even know how they would do a Portal 3 without it being weird. I thought Portal 2 ended pretty definitively.

yami4ct

I absolutely loved Portal 2. The innovations made on the original puzzle form really did it for me. I particular loved all the liquid puzzles. I hope they don't make a Portal 3 without a similarly large change to bring.

yami4ct

Thinking about it, Portal 3 is the only Valve IP I would give a shit about if they announced. I'm done with the L4D format, I no longer give any shits about Half-Life, TF2 is good but I don't need a TF3, CS is too hardcore for me and DOTA is gonna be DOTA.

Zaph

portal was great because it didn't overstay its welcome

then portal 2 happened

Once I got to the part of the game in the massive abandoned warehouse where you have to paint surfaces, I was done. Whole thing felt so stretched at that point.

Half Life is/was innovative as fuck, and I'm glad it exists, but Portal is Valve's only great game.

StoveOven

Banned
Once I got to the part of the game in the massive abandoned warehouse where you have to paint surfaces, I was done. Whole thing felt so stretched at that point.

Half Life is/was innovative as fuck, and I'm glad it exists, but Portal is Valve's only great game.

That's also where I stopped playing the game. And it's a shame because I really enjoyed the first game and everything in the second one up to that point

Huh, I thought that entire section is some of the best stuff across both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom