• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
quetzalcoatl owned that big blue tank boss at that missile base

8 best FF

#whatever

HEY

HEY

HEY

did you do that thing where you farmed the mech spider for AP

Like, every chase scene you'd take it down, let it regen, then take it down again

it was a good way for AP

some segments even gave mega exp it was great

oh man that whole dollet section was awesome, the music was the best ahhhhhh

Scizzy

Jeff's description of the only thoughts that go through Kratos's mind throughout the triogy: "I'M ANGRY!!! HEY LOOK, BOOBS!" was a definite Bombcast highlight last year.

kvk1

HEY

HEY

HEY

did you do that thing where you farmed the mech spider for AP

Like, every chase scene you'd take it down, let it regen, then take it down again

it was a good way for AP

some segments even gave mega exp it was great

oh man that whole dollet section was awesome, the music was the best ahhhhhh

i did all those things AND scummed my way through the game by having one of those controllers with a turbo button function, so I would get 255s on all of the "press square to boost" thingies with the GFs

i always regretted doing that, so years later when i grew up, i bought a vita, bought 8 for it, and beat it fair and square

i don't care what anyone says, that game still holds up

the 4th disc is such a mindfuck

kvk1

i also cried a little during the eyes on me portion when they were in space

my older sister was there to witness this, and she mercilessly mocked me for it the whole time

it was brutal man

i did all those things AND scummed my way through the game by having one of those controllers with a turbo button function, so I would get 255s on all of the "press square to boost" thingies with the GFs

i always regretted doing that, so years later when i grew up, i bought a vita, bought 8 for it, and beat it fair and square

i don't care what anyone says, that game still holds up

the 4th disc is such a mindfuck

I would do the 255 manually. Sometimes I'd get it on Shiva too! I would always grind Squall(And kill Quistis) during the cavern portion of the intro, I would grind him on the beach against the fish things, they gave the most AP and experience. I would level him to 30 or 40 and then play the game normally, just because it was fun and it was fun seeing my party get faster exp because the enemies were higher level. Man, such a good time.

So jelly. I have my busiest school day in weeks tomorrow. :'''(

:X I BELIEVE IN YOU

i also cried a little during the eyes on me portion when they were in space

my older sister was there to witness this, and she mercilessly mocked me for it the whole time

it was brutal man

I was young when I played it, 8 or 9, so I never felt the emotion until much later.

One thing is that my brother would always play the game, I wasn't originally interested in it, and my brother didn't know how to junction, so he got through the first disc just by doing attack. Then he gave me the controller once because it was a sequence where he beat diablo and it said he could summon him now(But didn't know how), and I was like 'let me see) and I junctioned him immediately. He just gave up playing after that and I'm pretty sure I soured him from video games forever.

Megasoum

Banned
Someone made a job about Kratos long lost brother "Blatos" in the God of War leak thread and now I kinda want to rewatch the Chrono Trigger ER.

Megasoum

Banned
I wished I had tomorrow off like I did on the Occulus day.

I guess I could take the day off but I actually have some work to do...bleh

200.gif

santeesioux

Aztec mythology is really fucking awesome

The only cartoon that kinda covered some of it was jackie chan adventures, they had an episode that dealt with some aztec gods. Fuck, Aztec mythology is awesome.

That would be pretty cool, if they haven't completely worn out the franchise after the equally awesome Norse stuff, it would be interesting to see the Aztec stuff.

yami4ct

if Austin finished Dark Souls 3 how come he hasn't written a review?

He stated it in some tweets that got posted here earlier.

Basically he had some nasty bugs on all 3 versions. BaMco said those bugs would be fixed on the final release. He's waiting for release day to check it out before giving his final review.

fstop

Neo Member
1TO62PR.png

2lzmo9D.png

Columbo 3x01

David Lang is a vilified CEO who steals intellectual property, and no one has anything nice to say about him. The beauty of it is, if any of the community video folks can get their hands on the episode, people frequently use his full name.

"The thought of a man like David Lang getting his hands on a discovery like this just makes me sick."
"Payment to David Lang as a sample of your wares?"
"You don't think David Lang would let himself be concerned with anything human like a murder, do you?
"David Lang hasn't told the truth about anything in 50 years."
"Tell ya, this guy David Lang, he's the toughest nut to crack I've ever run into."

There are plenty of good Mr. Lang's that could be worked in as well, but DVD seems to be the only legitimate means of getting it.

He stated it in some tweets that got posted here earlier.

Basically he had some nasty bugs on all 3 versions. BaMco said those bugs would be fixed on the final release. He's waiting for release day to check it out before giving his final review.

I don't get how Austin managed to get all those problems but Jim Sterling had no issues other than chuggy framerate.

Also I'm still pretty disappointed that GoW4 is happening and I feel like it's just going to be unimaginative bullshit again. I bet Kratos loses his memory of everything that happened in the first three games (because as we all know, a large beard is the sign of an amnesiac).

Looking at that Vive lineup, in spite of the lack of curation it still looks a hell of a lot stronger than what Oculus has going. Job Simulator and Budget Cuts alone look way more compelling than anything on the Oculus so far. Excited to see if that ends up being true on the stream tomorrow.

yami4ct

I don't get how Austin managed to get all those problems but Jim Sterling had no issues other than chuggy framerate.

Glitches are weird and sometimes you just get bad luck.

Sometimes you get times when glitches are seen as minor to a particular reviewer and can be easily overlooked, but impact another one's experience greatly. See: The disparity in some Fallout 4 reviews.

I think the industry could do with reviewers being harsher on glitches in general, but a review is a subjective opinion and if they don't care about the glitches, then far be it from me to tell them to change their view.

Does it matter?

tumblr_inline_nquc3kodMv1r76lqg_500.gif

Nope!

Also I'm still pretty disappointed that GoW4 is happening and I feel like it's just going to be unimaginative bullshit again. I bet Kratos loses his memory of everything that happened in the first three games (because as we all know, a large beard is the sign of an amnesiac).

I finished Ascension (which is okay) a few weeks ago, and, ya know, I could play another good one of those. I would have preferred Egyptian mythology, but I guess Norse stuff is okay. Hopefully, they switch mythologies again soonish instead of beating it into the ground like the Greek stuff. Also, Kratos better not be super angry anymore. He cannot possibly still be angry.

Looking at that Vive lineup, in spite of the lack of curation it still looks a hell of a lot stronger than what Oculus has going. Job Simulator and Budget Cuts alone look way more compelling than anything on the Oculus so far. Excited to see if that ends up being true on the stream tomorrow.
Well only the Budget Cuts demo is going up on Steam tomorrow. The full game won't be done until later this year.

yami4ct

How does the Vive output to a second feed look? Is it like the Oculus where there's not a standard and you get some games that look normal where others do that awful 2-screen almost fish-eye look? If so, I won't be watching. That two screen thing made me physically ill. I had to quit the Oculus screen because too many games did that.

How does the Vive output to a second feed look? Is it like the Oculus where there's not a standard and you get some games that look normal where others do that awful 2-screen almost fish-eye look? If so, I won't be watching. That two screen thing made me physically ill. I had to quit the Oculus screen because too many games did that.

I don't know how standardized this stuff is, but Job Simulator has the coolest second feed implementation I've seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom