• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So damn excited for the Vive stream tomorrow, I really think they're going to find the games are far more worth their time as long as they have a reasonable space for room scale movement. If they limit themselves to stationary standing, it will do the headset, themselves, and the viewers a disservice.

yami4ct

So damn excited for the Vive stream tomorrow, I really think they're going to find the games are far more worth their time as long as they have a reasonable space for room scale movement. If they limit themselves to stationary standing, it will do the headset, themselves, and the viewers a disservice.

Room Scale VR seems like a really cool thing, but I know full well that I'll never have a really good space for it. I'm curious as to how many consumers do.

Room Scale VR seems like a really cool thing, but I know full well that I'll never have a really good space for it. I'm curious as to how many consumers do.
Yeah unfortunately most probably don't. Many games I've seen are actually pretty good at accommodating smaller spaces though. I'm fortunate enough to live alone and have an apartment that I can rearrange to have a large space in my living room. I'm so ready.

yami4ct

Yeah unfortunately most probably don't. Many games I've seen are actually pretty good at accommodating smaller spaces though. I'm fortunate enough to live alone and have an apartment that I can rearrange to have a large space in my living room. I'm so ready.

Right now, my office that my computer in is fairly narrow and long. Not a great space for room scale VR. I could theoretically move it to the Family Room which has decent floor space, but I'd have to move furniture, move my PC in and set up the sensors probably every time I played. That's impractical to say the least.

Right now, my office that my computer in is fairly narrow and long. Not a great space for room scale VR. I could theoretically move it to the Family Room which has decent floor space, but I'd have to move furniture, move my PC in and set up the sensors probably every time I played. That's impractical to say the least.
That is far from ideal! You gotta try it at least once though right?

Anyway, time for Adventure Zone and then sleep. See y'all in the dystopian VR future!

yami4ct

That is far from ideal! You gotta try it at least once though right?

Anyway, time for Adventure Zone and then sleep. See y'all in the dystopian VR future!

When VR gets cheap enough for me to easily afford or some games come out to really justify the full price, I'll definitely try it at least once. I moved shit around to try kinect and full wii motion games, I can certainly try it if I get a VR set one day.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Well kinda, but as someone where room scale is unrealistic atm I would like to see how the vive is without it.

200.gif

I'm not even done with the Oculus archives! D:

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm not worried that I'll be tempted to own a VIve by the time the stream ends. Mostly because it takes a lot to tempt me to spend $1400.

yami4ct

I wish I could bet on the VR stream not making me feel super motion sick like the Oculus one, but I'm kinda suspecting it'll be the same way. I'll start it up and bail if I see a couple games that mess me up.

For those that can deal, hope you have fun!

Mechazawa

On the contrary, I think it's immensely important they show how this thing functions at not room scale.

This thing's a PC headset after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom