• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGSV was an incredible game with a fine story. The only thing left unresolved was
Liquid stealing the Metal Gear
, but not everything needs to be spelled out perfectly. It is among my favorite games of all time.

Zaph

MGSV was an incredible game with a fine story. The only thing left unresolved was
Liquid stealing the Metal Gear
, but not everything needs to be spelled out perfectly. It is among my favorite games of all time.

Finally, someone with the correct opinion of MGSV. An incredible game and easily one of the best of the generation.

MGSV is an amazing playing game supremely let down by a lackluster story and only two play environments. If it had even one or two more places to visit, I would probably think of it higher. But at some point the missions and locations just get so repetitive as to be boring, even when the game works so good.

Playing through my backlog starting with the Shadow Warrior remake. I've never played the original but I really like that first level. Missed almost every secret though, somehow! I thought I scoured every spot.

I've always wanted to play that game, guess I should do it in the summer when there's no games. Always enjoyed the original Shadow Warrior and even though I liked Duke Nukem Forever(I know), it was what DNF should have been. More like how Shadow Warrior remake is, which is faithful as far as I know.

Really good HLD Quick Look from Austin and Vinny. Could definitely tell they both like it a lot and it seems like there's a lot to find, which is nice. Definitely going to be picking that up soon.

I have $20 of Steam credit and I'm trying to decide whether to spend it on this or Enter the Gungeon. Both look slick as hell.

demidar

MGSV is an amazing playing game supremely let down by a lackluster story and only two play environments. If it had even one or two more places to visit, I would probably think of it higher. But at some point the missions and locations just get so repetitive as to be boring, even when the game works so good.

MGSV is an amazing playing game whose potential was left unused because of the piss poor level design as a result of being "open world".

It was also poor on the story front, in both the conclusive sense or the batshit insane sense.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
BxChh3k.png

Pardon my ignorance, but what's he referring to here?
“The greatest trick the Devil ever played was to fool people into believing he wasn't real".

Tubobutts

I'd like to see editing in a Vinny and Austin series of Lore videos. Any lore. Warhammer, The Witcher, Dark Souls, Data's Brother. Whatever they've got.

JonCha

I have $20 of Steam credit and I'm trying to decide whether to spend it on this or Enter the Gungeon. Both look slick as hell.

Haven't checked the latter out at all but have heard good things about it too.

In those kind of situations where you're torn you usually have a feeling about which game you'll enjoy more ... At least, I do.

i wish lifeformed did more game soundtracks, dustforce's dopeness was doubled thanks to the score

I got dustforce from the free to a good home thread and goddamn it's so good. I'm mad I'm so bad at the game, but the giveaway also included the full soundtrack so I can at least listen in if I continue to suck.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I got dustforce from the free to a good home thread and goddamn it's so good. I'm mad I'm so bad at the game, but the giveaway also included the full soundtrack so I can at least listen in if I continue to suck.

100%ing the latter levels is so satisfying.

Best platformer I've ever played. I'm serious about this.

i feel bad for trabuch. i figured they would've done a VR review by now, i didn't think they would take so long with this stuff. Figured they would've wanted one of those VR reviews on the books for both the site and for their own edification, to see how well their reviewing style suits VR gaming.

meh

Anyone know the history of the gif above? Classroom, kid reading in front of class, teacher off to side watching, someone recording, kid pounds book and gets annihilated by backpacks...

I need to know.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seeing that the only achievement in the game is to do each level perfect (I mean, I assume that at least) is kind of intimidating.

That's where the magic of dustforce comes in though. I've never felt such a sense of flow before. That plus the music just gave such a Zen feeling.

Definite top 10 game of all time for me.

Myggen

Project B.E.A.S.T Watches Project B.E.A.S.T Scott Manley Edition
Live Show in 02h 20m 57

Looking forward to this one.

That's where the magic of dustforce comes in though. I've never felt such a sense of flow before. That plus the music just gave such a Zen feeling.

Definite top 10 game of all time for me.

I know this is because I'm just starting out, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my wallruns and jumps to feel cohesive. Something about needing to hold up to run up, but you can only do that once so there's no rebounding off the same wall? It's throwing me. I think my current expectations for how the game plays is set by N so I keep trying to do that kind of movement when that's not how this works.

A slide up the wall off of a jump would probably feel pretty good though.

kAmui-

Project B.E.A.S.T Watches Project B.E.A.S.T Scott Manley Edition
Live Show in 02h 20m 57

Looking forward to this one.

I picked a good day to marathon the few episodes I haven't watched. I'm currently in ep 14 so I'll be done by the time this starts.

Gungeon is fucking dope, sorry if I already posted this

Jeff isn't sold on it so far but he said he'll have to play more of it. As for me, played for about 40 minutes. Picked the pilot and defeated the first boss(is it random?). Man, what an incredible first impression though. Looks beautiful and the controls are real tight. The boss made me laugh, it was a spoof
on MGS's Vulcan Raven except his head was a crow lol and when he died the crows much like in MGS1, ate him up.
Really digging it, also smooth 60FPS on PS4 so far.

santeesioux

Yep, when I go back and play through the series again I think I'll have to skip 5 because I just don't think I have it in me to do all of the repetitive missions again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom