• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

What chapter are you up to, and have you done any of the child paralouges? Some of my favorite maps have been the nohr children's.

I'm up to Chapter 19 and now doing the Children stuff. Doing them in order and finished the Ignatius Paralogue 17, so I've got 3 of the Nohr children now. Ignatius' map was a lot like Chapter 10 for me. I absolutely hated it to start with, but once I figured it out I really really dug it. Sending a small host of units on fliers to go help sure up Ignatius' spot while distracting the big part of the enemy with the bulk of my army was really fantastic feeling strategy. Really tense in cool. Turning that defensive squad into a pincer attack once Ignatius' was even better.

Myggen

This week's bombcast
PNyHuTp.png

Not sure what that means. Are there furries,

No_Style

Man. Fire Emblem Fates Conquest is amazing. I think I could play this game forever. It's just one of the single most well designed strategy games I've ever played. It might even be better than FE7, my personal favorite. Holy shit it's good.

It's obviously going to have to simmer for a while once I finish it (I'm still just barely into 1/2-23rds done), but this could legit end up being one of my Top 10 games of all time even with the awful story.

The fact the game is this damn good makes all the bullshit controversy around it even sadder.

It's good to hear that Conquest is good but after finishing Birthright, I just had to take a break. It had its moments but I was bummed about Birthright. It was my second FE game (Awakening was first) but maaaan.... You wanna talk about anime bullshit? Birthright has too much nonsense pandering that actively insults my intelligence the further I dove into it.

FStop7

Banned
The Vive looks way more interesting than the Rift, but I'm concerned that Microsoft is going to support only the Rift. I have a bet with someone that if an Xbox 1.5 is announced it will have Rift support.

VR can't become the norm until the headsets are as interchangeable as monitors.

yami4ct

It's good to hear that Conquest is good but after finishing Birthright, I just had to take a break. It had its moments but I was bummed about Birthright. It was my second FE game (Awakening was first) but maaaan.... You wanna talk about anime bullshit? Birthright has too much nonsense pandering that actively insults my intelligence the further I dove into it.

I dunno. FE Awakening was way worse about that then Birthright to me. It also didn't help that Awakening was actively poorly designed from a balance/map perspective. I'd play Birthright again long before I ever touched Awakening.

Conquest does actually have quite a bit of stupidity, but it's super easy to ignore for me because the map design is actually top notch.

Wtf... Dan is logged in on XBL as "Playing 2 games"? huh...

Didn't something similar happen before. Dan was playing a game and his name appeared?

Edit- Now thinking about it, maybe what I'm remembering was MGSV and they were on Drew's account. Maybe someone (Dan's girlfriend or roommate) were using his account. I just remember Drew and Dan's reactions.

Lunar FC

The Vive looks way more interesting than the Rift, but I'm concerned that Microsoft is going to support only the Rift. I have a bet with someone that if an Xbox 1.5 is announced it will have Rift support.

VR can't become the norm until the headsets are as interchangeable as monitors.

Can't imagine that happening, also how does it affect anything?

Megasoum

Banned
I gotta admit... That gun simulator thing that Brad was trying looks kinda cool... Coming from a guy who will most probably never touch a real gun in his life.

Bacon

Bloodborne might be a decent fit in the kerbal time slot. I'd rather have it there then have it take the place of a wednesday or friday stream.

Hopefully they watch Scott Manley's video next Monday before actually closing the doors on Project BEAST.

I'm pretty sure they said on the last episode that they'll watch it at some point and broadcast their reaction. Sounds like it might be a bit, though -- they seemed Kerbaled out.

TraBuch

Banned
I have finished Kingdoms of Amalur and boy is that game long as fuck. At one point, I could've sworn I beat the game, but turns out I only completed the first half of the map and had an entire other continent to fuck around in. Rushed through that shit and didn't attempt one sidequest. I'm usually all about lengthy games but Jesus, this one went on a little too long.

Still a solid game, though. Also, way too easy.

oti

Banned
I gotta admit... That gun simulator thing that Brad was trying looks kinda cool... Coming from a guy who will most probably never touch a real gun in his life.

I gotta admit... That moon shooting simulator thing that Drew was trying looks kinda cool... Coming from a guy who will most probably never touch a real moon gun in his life.

Meneses

Does anyone know what was the song that played at the same time as their last one when they were playing Audioshield? (around 2h50 in the archive)

The one Brad said was the best of the soundtrack?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tumblr questions >>>>>>> email.

Also goddamn F1 actually tried to cease and desist alt-f1 or am I hearing things wrong?

JonCha

Does anyone know what was the song that played at the same time as their last one when they were playing Audioshield? (around 2h50 in the archive)

The one Brad said was the best of the soundtrack?

Might have been Tron: Legacy Reconfigured? it was definitely Tron.

Also, I'm very excited for the HLD Quick Look. It's probably up there with Uncharted for me in terms of hype. I've very quickly skimmed over a couple of impressions in the thread and there are some not-so-positive impressed kicking around (equally there are many positive ones).

Houndi101

Last year at this time my MGSV hype was at it's peak
Relistening to the all the trailer songs and what the hall do I have now...

Dark Souls 3, No Man's Sky, TW: Warhammer, Cyberpunk 2077

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom