• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The best thing to come out of mgsv is Dan's growing uncertainty of whether mgsv is a good game with every mgscanlon episode.

oti

Banned
The best thing to come out of MGSV is Brad losing the GOTY deliberations.

I still want to play MGSV one day.

Rlan

Finally watching the Vive stream. Favourite bit so far:

T9baBIg.gif

AngryMoth

Was hoping to catch up on the parts of the vive stream I missed just now. For some reason I thought youtube had instant archiving, not the case?

Best thing to come out of MGSV.

Yeah....yeah :(

MGS5 is such a depressing end to one of my most beloved franchises. I honestly am shocked as hell sometimes that Dan actually said he liked MGS5 as much as he did...he clearly liked the previous MGS games, so I don't understand why he can't see why 5 is such a bad one in comparison. It's not just that the story is terrible, but even some of the gameplay changes are not great. Regenerating health fucking ruined what could make MGS gameplay fun, and made boss fights just horrendous because you were most concerned with running out of the way half the time. And yeah, those "boss fights" are all just the worst in the series...none of them were memorable or any good. The open world was novel at first, until you realize how boring a place to be in that it is.

Ugh...sorry, didn't mean to go off on a rant, but MGS5 had me so hyped from trailers, and it was the first MGS game that left me empty, and sad. I loved em all before that.

Dark Souls 2 is kicking my ass. I spent 4 hours last night trying to kill the ruins sentinels.

Sucks. I finished both Demon's and Dark Souls and didn't even find DS hard until I did S&O in NG+. Between what feels like a billion fucking enemies rushing you at once (I'm playing the SOTFS version if that makes a difference) and this boss fight feeling like a bunch of bullshit I've almost given up on the game entirely.

I'm now farming souls by being a friendly shade but even still, im starting to run out of human effigies to buy from the granny lady so I can keep trying to kill the sentinels.

I'm just trying to figure out what i'm doing so wrong when I've finished those other two games without much in the way of issues. meh. Maybe I should just use fire arrows and not try to melee those fuckers?

Jintor

even nuDan, I think, holds traits of olDan, though reversed. Where olDan didn't like things because he thought he wouldn't like them and refused to try them, nuDan will try new and foreign things but persists in attempting to like things he already thinks he likes even if he doesn't

*not OL Dan which is very different

*this psych profile is facetious in nature and not reflective of attempting to determine which GB Duder would be my GB dad

Tubobutts

even nuDan, I think, holds traits of olDan, though reversed. Where olDan didn't like things because he thought he wouldn't like them and refused to try them, nuDan will try new and foreign things but persists in attempting to like things he already thinks he likes even if he doesn't

*not OL Dan which is very different

*this psych profile is facetious in nature and not reflective of attempting to determine which GB Duder would be my GB dad
NuDan is trapped in a prison of Amiibos and mayonnaise of his own design.

Doop

Will Smith's VR talk show kinda reminds me of those second life talk shows and weird universities. But without all the flying dicks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If VR takes off, how feasible is it for GB to make a green screen room and have quick looks like this Valve promo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYfNzhLXYGc

they use green screen all the time. Drew mentioned something about the mixed reality fantastic contraption setup but it would take time to sort out, and Brad seemed interested in spending more time with it. So I'm hopeful we might get a fantastic contraption mixed reality video soonish

Dark Souls 2 is kicking my ass. I spent 4 hours last night trying to kill the ruins sentinels.

Sucks. I finished both Demon's and Dark Souls and didn't even find DS hard until I did S&O in NG+. Between what feels like a billion fucking enemies rushing you at once (I'm playing the SOTFS version if that makes a difference) and this boss fight feeling like a bunch of bullshit I've almost given up on the game entirely.

I'm now farming souls by being a friendly shade but even still, im starting to run out of human effigies to buy from the granny lady so I can keep trying to kill the sentinels.

I'm just trying to figure out what i'm doing so wrong when I've finished those other two games without much in the way of issues. meh. Maybe I should just use fire arrows and not try to melee those fuckers?

I don't know if they changed it in SOTFS (I just played the original) but you should be able to kill 1 sentinel on the platform you start on and then go down and deal with the other 2. Definitely have to be patient, probably are only going to be able to get a single hit or two in safely. Nothing wrong with using arrows, it's a boss, definitely worth it! Maybe summon some help

Meneses

Really not feeling HLD.

The game feels more... sluggish than it should? I don't know.

I'm also kinda tired of games with this visual style.

The soundtrack is doing nothing for me, either.

I don't know if they changed it in SOTFS (I just played the original) but you should be able to kill 1 sentinel on the platform you start on and then go down and deal with the other 2. Definitely have to be patient, probably are only going to be able to get a single hit or two in safely. Nothing wrong with using arrows, it's a boss, definitely worth it! Maybe summon some help

I *believe* that they've rearranged where many enemies are to make the game harder since people complained that it was too easy.

I wouldn't be able to say one way or another since I never played vanilla DS2 though

I think i'm going back to the tower of heidi now as per a prima guide. Fuck trying to stay pure, i can't spend another evening fucking around like this again

tchocky

Pardon my ignorance, but what's he referring to here?[/QUOTE]

Baldurs Gate is adding a trans character and people are complaining that it breaks the lore of the game. He is probably also referring to people upset about the edits in Kerbal Episode 1.

JonCha

Really good HLD Quick Look from Austin and Vinny. Could definitely tell they both like it a lot and it seems like there's a lot to find, which is nice. Definitely going to be picking that up soon.

Playing through my backlog starting with the Shadow Warrior remake. I've never played the original but I really like that first level. Missed almost every secret though, somehow! I thought I scoured every spot.

That QL really shows how far Hyperlight has come since it first came out. I remember seeing an early build on SBF and it didn't really strike me then, but for some reason it looks really solid. It's a very smart decision to not require every single one of the hidden objects to progress to the end of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom