• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone who's played Binary Domain, is it worth using credits to upgrade my squad's weapons? As it is, I'm just using all my credits to upgrade Dan's gun and buying every nanomachine.

Anyone who's played Binary Domain, is it worth using credits to upgrade my squad's weapons? As it is, I'm just using all my credits to upgrade Dan's gun and buying every nanomachine.

if i had any credits left over i upgraded my squad as well but for the most part i just upgraded myself and left it at that

popo

PC games are great until you get one that doesn't work and you waste hours trying to fix it and googling solutions. Got the first xcom on steam, first remake anyway, for convenience and I can't get any sound out of it. I am going to end up digging my old 360 out of storage.

oti

Banned
Decided against buying Division (might as well wait for the Taken King equivalent at this point).

Current list of games I want to play in the following days/weeks:

Firewatch (started today)
Undertale
Her Story
Life is Strange

Decided against buying Division (might as well wait for the Taken King equivalent at this point).

Undertale
Her Story
Life is Strange

Depending on how much free time you have, that shouldn't even take you a week to finish all them.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm starting to get really fucking annoyed with my squad constantly running right into where I'm shooting in Binary Domain.

Undertale
Her Story
Life is Strange

You'll burn through everything but LiS pretty quickly, unless you do all three runs of Undertale.

Zornack

Anyone else disappointed in the guest columns so far? I was hoping for more insight on what goes into making a game and the people who make them. So far it's been a lot of how specific things in games make the author feel. They're more bloggy than I'd had hoped they'd be.

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone else disappointed in the freelance articles so far? I was hoping for more insight on what goes into making a game and the people who make them. So far it's been a lot of how specific things in games make the author feel. They're more bloggy than I'd had hoped they'd be.
Haven't liked any of them and they don't really feel like they belong on a site like Giant Bomb.

oti

Banned
Depending on how much free time you have, that shouldn't even take you a week to finish all them.

Sounds good. Finishing games feels so nice. Just finished Quantum Break too.

I really like adventure games, but this is like a list of my top recent disappointments.

I'm not a big fan of adventure games (and I live in Germany go figure). I liked TWD1 and enjoyed The Wolf. I heard Her Story has a cool story and Undertale, well, everyone seems to love it.

You'll burn through everything but LiS pretty quickly, unless you do all three runs of Undertale.

Nuh, I'll just play it once and look up the rest on YouTube or something. I don't know much about Undertale but I do know you don't have to kill enemies so I'll try to do that I think.

After all of that I should maybe play one of the big ones. Like MGS V or Witcher 3 or Dark Souls 1 or GTA V Online. We'll see.

Volotaire

CfY72BvWsAIYTxm.jpg:large

Patrick Klepek @patrickklepek
Get ready, PAX East. pic.twitter.com/kz7c6

Anyone else disappointed in the guest columns so far? I was hoping for more insight on what goes into making a game and the people who make them. So far it's been a lot of how specific things in games make the author feel. They're more bloggy than I'd had hoped they'd be.
Hit and miss for me but I think there have been more hits than misses.
Haven't liked any of them and they don't really feel like they belong on a site like Giant Bomb.
Part of the point of them is to expand what Giant Bomb is.

Sounds good. Finishing games feels so nice. Just finished Quantum Break too.

To be honest, I'd play through each game but Life Is Strange in one sitting. Firewatch and Undertale at least, I can't speak to Her Story, but I blasted through those games very quickly.

Zaph

I haven't really read any, but yeah, that's about what I expected. If it ain't reporting or an 'inside baseball' industry piece about the money or development in gaming, I can't bring myself to care. However I imagine those articles are a lot harder to source regularly.

But Austin puts a lot of work into it, so hopefully they're finding an audience.

GavinGT

Banned
There's currently no way to watch the new Kerbal video, is there? The last livestream link doesn't play anything for me.

Wait.

What.

So a fan tried to kicstart a sequal, only to get it removed by the actual developers........LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously? Someone tried to Kickstart their own sequel to Life is Strange?

Yeah... the relevant text:
Any who donate $1,000 or more (after the first $1,000 donation) will be able to fully voice a character in the game.

• Option One: Approach Dontnod with an offer to fund Life is Strange 2. They must agree these terms: To make Life is Strange 2 in a reasonable amount of time, to use as many of the same writers, voice actors and graphic artists as reasonable, and to honor the commitment to give advance copies of the game (and other goodies) to the original donors of the crowdsourcing fund.
  • Option Two: If Dontnod is not interested in making a sequel in a reasonable amount of time, then the money will be used to purchase whatever rights needed to the Life is Strange 2 and will sponsor another game developer; again with the same rules of using the same writers and voice as the original game.
And of course, Kate Marsh was the creator. (She is a character from the game.)

But don't worry, a sequel has already been indirectly confirmed. IIRC, it will be a different story, with different characters, potentially unrelated to the first game.

LiK

Watching Paragon Unfinished and I love that a guy keeps telling people to surrender or it's a loss but he won't just leave the game himself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom