• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
smashbros_img01.png

Paging Dan.

Talking of Brad. This video always makes me smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hq3n52FY3U&nohtml5=False

2558171-bradlosingit.png

robotrock

Banned
Ooo, very excited for that 100ft Robot Golf quick look. Bet it's Beast.

EDIT: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIANT BOMB PERSONA 4 TWITTER AVATARS

edit 2: Looks like no more cartoon avatars in general. Must be some new corporate push to make all the giantbomb members personalities for youtube

It looks like there might have been some kinda company directive re: twitter as along with that, everyone now has their proper job titles in their Twitter bio plus their real names (no more "it was me, austin").

Can someone give me a short rundown of Jason Whitlock? I feel like I do not live in the right country or follow the correct hobbies to know about him.

FStop7

Banned
I'm watching the B.E.A.S.T. video, listening to them comment on how casual Scott Manley is while doing his thing. It reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P740L91Mf8E

It's a shuttle launch from 1985. The Challenger's computer shuts the center engine down at 3:20. The crew had to do an ATO - Abort To Orbit. They could still reach a stable (but lower) orbit provided they didn't lose another engine. And it nearly happened, which probably would have meant the loss of the crew and the shuttle. There were various types of aborts but they can only happen within certain time windows. And within that window losing more than one engine was considered fatal, IIRC. The only reason the other two engines kept running is because someone very quick thinking in Mission Control remotely commanded them to keep running and ignore any shutdown commands from the Shuttle. It was a bad sensor that caused the shutdown of the center engine and apparently the other two would eventually have been shut down as well.

You can't see any of this happen but you can hear the Mission Control audio loop and what's mind blowing is how absolutely calm everyone is. It's like they're just following routine procedure even though they're in an especially dangerous situation and everything is happening so fast and information is just flying at them.

Can someone give me a short rundown of Jason Whitlock? I feel like I do not live in the right country or follow the correct hobbies to know about him.

Just a dumb, inflammatory sportswriter who was given his own website on a platter (an African-American-targeted ESPN spinoff) and ended up nearly killing it before it began until he was booted out of the project.

Just a dumb, inflammatory sportswriter who was given his own website on a platter (an African-American-targeted ESPN spinoff) and ended up nearly killing it before it began until he was booted out of the project.

Thanks. I feel like I get who he is with that one phrase.

The article BUNTING1243 posted feels like it throws me into the middle of why he is an idiot without explaining how he got to that point. I am guessing he was the kind of person that was disliked by many before that news was reported?

Jintor

I'm watching the B.E.A.S.T. video, listening to them comment on how casual Scott Manley is while doing his thing. It reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P740L91Mf8E

It's a shuttle launch from 1985. The Challenger's computer shuts the center engine down at 3:20. The crew had to do an ATO - Abort To Orbit. They could still reach a stable (but lower) orbit provided they didn't lose another engine. And it nearly happened, which probably would have meant the loss of the crew and the shuttle. There were various types of aborts but they can only happen within certain time windows. And within that window losing more than one engine was considered fatal, IIRC. The only reason the other two engines kept running is because someone very quick thinking in Mission Control remotely commanded them to keep running and ignore any shutdown commands from the Shuttle. It was a bad sensor that caused the shutdown of the center engine and apparently the other two would eventually have been shut down as well.

You can't see any of this happen but you can hear the Mission Control audio loop and what's mind blowing is how absolutely calm everyone is. It's like they're just following routine procedure even though they're in an especially dangerous situation and everything is happening so fast and information is just flying at them.

Oh yeah, i read about this a few months back. Truly terrifying stuff. The dude on Mission Control is a goddamn genius.

The book is called Apollo and it has a bunch of interviews and insights into the ground staff at the time all through the program. amazing book.

It looks like there might have been some kinda company directive re: twitter as along with that, everyone now has their proper job titles in their Twitter bio plus their real names (no more "it was me, austin").

"Be yourself, but don't be yourself."

Ultimately it's a super tiny thing, but it's still kind of a lame move.

daydream

Banned

jeff still has his 'it would be insane to stop now' line, at least

gonna miss alex' bios, though

Ooo, very excited for that 100ft Robot Golf quick look. Bet it's Beast.

edit 2: Looks like no more cartoon avatars in general. Must be some new corporate push to make all the giantbomb members personalities for youtube

alex has his all in undercase because he's a rebel

danny, the Gamespot staff member i know, still has a cartoon avatar. must be a GB specific thing.

"Be yourself, but don't be yourself."

Ultimately it's a super tiny thing, but it's still kind of a lame move.

Yeah, I felt kinda silly for noticing/pointing it out -- but it's pretty clear that something happened since everyone changed at once, which is a bit of a bummer.

Except El Jefe. He just doesn't give a fuck.

BearPawB

Banned
Will Smith's Foo thing is way cooler than i thought it sounded.

I don't know if I really get the whole business plan...but it's cool

"Siri followed my dad."

Lets go back to base.
Load into helicopter
Gets out
Walks around in circle
Lets do a mission
Call helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom