• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You can get super nice leather cardholders. Hell, they're pretty easy to make, but I make purses for myself because I still use coins.

602c0161ce81232a62f9456f8f1e1f16.jpg

You can get super nice leather cardholders. Hell, they're pretty easy to make, but I make purses for myself because I still use coins.

I've thought about getting something like that a bunch of times but it's never seemed vital so I get lazy and forget about it. as it is, I can tell the cards apart by feel so it's easy enough to just reach in my pocket and grab the one I want.

listening to the bombcast, I am now sad that they haven't done drunken VR yet

popo

Seems like it would be easy to pick pocket a wallet out of back pockets. Unless you were wearing super tight pants.

"Be yourself, but don't be yourself."

Ultimately it's a super tiny thing, but it's still kind of a lame move.

Boo.

CBSi stop this madness.

Yeah, I felt kinda silly for noticing/pointing it out -- but it's pretty clear that something happened since everyone changed at once, which is a bit of a bummer.

Except El Jefe. He just doesn't give a fuck.

Maybe one of them did it and the others copied. Jeff mocked the idea it was a new policy and you would think he would know.

tomknowst asked: was everyone at giant bomb putting their job title and real pictures on their twitter pages a conscious choice you all made recently? it seems like everyone changed them today. gotta get that engagement

Jeff: I… haven’t touched my Twitter bio stuff in years? Not really sure what you’re saying, but yes. Let’s get that engagement. Changing a Twitter bio is the #1 to get engagement, you should add “social media guru” to your resume.

Hey, now that im going through the "right" path in Dark Souls 2 i'm like super overleveled and decimating everything. I guess trying to level up to take on the sentinels had its benefits after all.

Also, since I dont follow twitter nor have one of my own none of this drama affects me except for people mentioning it here. so i guess CBS is finally merging the sites?

popo

The bosses in Light Drifter are no joke. So - for people who like to measure these things - is Austin the not so secret best at games out of the GB crew? Not that this is a great boast. Jeff might be better at FPS and fighting games but Austin might take it overall. Drifter, Invisible Inc, Galak-Z. He takes on some tough games.

Jeff's just drunk with power.

You are right that it can't be coincidental. Just doesn't seem like a thing CBS would mandate when they let so many other things go.

Also, since I dont follow twitter nor have one of my own none of this drama affects me except for people mentioning it here. so i guess CBS is finally merging the sites?

"drama". It isn't like they change their name and avatar every few weeks like Daydream
ing
seems to :D

if by "getting guf" you mean i stopped banging my head against an area I wasn't properly leveled up for and in the process I'm now overleveled for the areas that were more likely where I should've gone in the first place then, yeah, i got gud as fuck

I feel like that is a good rule for all souls games. If you are getting totally wrecked then you are likely in the wrong area e.g. going straight to the graveyard in DS1. If you hit on to the "right" order of locations - as the devs intended - you tend to be at least a few levels over the enemy.

The bosses in Light Drifter are no joke. So - for people who like to measure these things - is Austin the not so secret best at games out of the GB crew? Not that this is a great boast. Jeff might be better at FPS and fighting games but Austin might take it overall. Drifter, Invisible Inc, Galak-Z. He takes on some tough games

We should have him and Dan face off in a fighting game to see who's really the best.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The bosses in Light Drifter are no joke. So - for people who like to measure these things - is Austin the not so secret best at games out of the GB crew? Not that this is a great boast. Jeff might be better at FPS and fighting games but Austin might take it overall. Drifter, Invisible Inc, Galak-Z. He takes on some tough games.

I mean....if we just go by "Who loves tough games".....
Brad loves Super Meat Boy, Trials, Starcraft and Devil Daggers.

Really, the only tough boss in HLD for me was the one in the west area. I beat the East one on the first try and the North one one the fourth. Endboss is kinda shitty but that's more a mechanical problem.

I looooove that you can jump in the way of your opponent's golf shots in this game like a complete asshole.

After watching him completely dismantle Galak-Z on the Extra Life stream, I'm inclined to agree.

Zaph

holy shit, 11 hours of VR.

Time to cancel everything this weekend.

It's great. Since the stream I can't stop thinking about Hover Junkers fleshed-out into a Borderlands style world, with loot and skill progression etc. The game definitely looks like one of those experiences where everything clicks and you understand the possibilities of VR.

Brad's good at playing tough games as long as there doesn't seem to be ambiguity to what he's supposed to be doing. Austin just seems to be good at games period, probably honed through a lifetime of playing inscrutable mech games

Also Volgarr and Doom 2.
Say what you want about how he plays, but he definitely loves hard games.

right. when he has a clear goal, he can (eventually) beat almost anything.

What happened to dan teasdale's game where you can only drive by doing rubbers?

came out forever ago, been waiting for it to go on heavy sale

I'd be more surprised if there weren't Evangelion references

also I haven't watched 3.33 yet despite my bitching about the 5 years it took to come out. oops

dont worry, you are (not) the only one. It's crazy that they've taken this long with the Rebuilds and that now that Anno is working on Godzilla that we might not get the final film for quite a while.

just a bunch of fuckery on top of fuckery really

daydream

Banned
i really appreciate 30,48m robot golf on a conceptual level, i just hope they'll work out all the rough edges of which there are obviously a whole lot

I'd be more surprised if there weren't Evangelion references

also I haven't watched 3.33 yet despite my bitching about the 5 years it took to come out. oops

To be fair I didn't really know (or remember) anything about the game beforehand, not even who it was being made by. You could easily make a giant robot game without any Evangelion connection
if you were a terrible person

Is anyone even enjoying MGScanlonV?

Yup.

Man, hover Junkers looks like a really smart solution to the movement problem, but all these solutions really reflect that movement is a pretty big problem. Wonder if the movement problem will ever be solved without having to resort to using a treadmill.

I still think that there should be an option for people to use analog + movement if they wanted. I know they said it creates nausea which is why developers don't put analog however, it may defer from person to person. At the same time, if a developer made a game that utilized the analog then blinking/teleporting would be a pretty subpar experience to the point that it may not work, at all.

holy shit, 11 hours of VR.

Time to cancel everything this weekend.

Sounds like a great idea.

I do enjoy how Dan sees the issues with the game by watching Drew play.

well it really sucks that dan essentially pushed drew down the path of that shitty SMG. For all that dan throws his hands up and lets drew do his own thing he sure misled him on how to go about with weapons and close encounters.

Still, drew could've mixed things up if he wanted to. It just seems like he wanted the fastest and cleanest way to get through MGSV as possible and that's a bummer.

dont worry, you are (not) the only one. It's crazy that they've taken this long with the Rebuilds and that now that Anno is working on Godzilla that we might not get the final film for quite a while.

just a bunch of fuckery on top of fuckery really

I feel like he's an amazing choice to direct a Godzilla movie...

...on paper. I suspect the final product will be much more straightforward than I want it to be.

also the Rebirth numbering scheme is almost approaching Kingdom Hearts levels, which is appropriate since they also share a fondness for delays

Saty

Anyone else has this problem with the videos? That strip of the image before hitting play that stays there. It's only in the 'Embiggen' mode.

gblgqse.jpg

Brad during 100ft Robot Golf EX:

A major publisher told us recently that they were gonna start outsouring their QA to us because we found three reproducible crash bugs in their almost released AAA game.

Vinny alone must have found hundreds (thousands?) of bugs over the years on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom