• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
Sold:

sWBKePY.png

Double sold.

If you stuck it out this long, I have to ask what finally did it, if 20+ episodes of mind-bending tedium, bad play and Dan stories didn't?

edit: why is this lady called Panzer??? Is she a tank?? Did she come out of that dating game??

Speaking of friends of Giant Bomb, Panzer's a better name (nickname?) then Gooch.

justjim89

Just had some real Dark Souls justice happen to me.

I was fighting Artorias for the first time, going solo and doing pretty well. Certainly better than Vinny was fairing in his first 10 or so rounds against him. My souls were stacking up to about 40,000 but I was getting them each time. Finally, on one occasion I failed to get my souls back and lost them. I got mad, summoned help, wiped out Artorias, and then was promptly invaded and killed not 5 minutes later.

Also worth noting, this DLC does not fuck around.

Just had some real Dark Souls justice happen to me.

I was fighting Artorias for the first time, going solo and doing pretty well. Certainly better than Vinny was fairing in his first 10 or so rounds against him. My souls were stacking up to about 40,000 but I was getting them each time. Finally, on one occasion I failed to get my souls back and lost them. I got mad, summoned help, wiped out Artorias, and then was promptly invaded and killed not 5 minutes later.

Also worth noting, this DLC does not fuck around.

I never bothered to get gud enough to fight that dragon, it's the only boss I just never cared to really master in the game.

Artorias is not a dragon lol. I think you mean Kalameet and yeah he's no joke.

i know, i was just making conversation about the DLC

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any stand-outs of stuff to watch in the vive stream? I've watched the first 5 hours off and on but really don't want to watch 11 straight hours of VR games

justjim89

I never bothered to get gud enough to fight that dragon, it's the only boss I just never cared to really master in the game.

i know, i was just making conversation about the DLC

Currently I'm going through the dark cave after the church. The enemies are all fairly easy to kill one on one but they just like to throw numbers and tricky angles at you. Especially the damn spellcasters.

Currently I'm going through the dark cave after the church. The enemies are all fairly easy to kill one on one but they just like to throw numbers and tricky angles at you. Especially the damn spellcasters.

this describes pretty much my issues with DS2 SOTFS. It's not that the game is hard so much as there are sections where they just throw a handful of guys at you and it's all fucked. Each guy is a breeze one on one especially if you master how to parry and then riposte but you can't exactly pull that off when there are five guys running at you full speed.

though my issues might have been do being in the wrong area for my level

Tubobutts

If you stuck it out this long, I have to ask what finally did it, if 20+ episodes of mind-bending tedium, bad play and Dan stories didn't?

edit: why is this lady called Panzer??? Is she a tank?? Did she come out of that dating game??
That's one of the things I don't like about this dystopian future. Soon we'll all be Cryos and Panzers and Dangergrrrrrrrrrls.

justjim89

this describes pretty much my issues with DS2 SOTFS. It's not that the game is hard so much as there are sections where they just throw a handful of guys at you and it's all fucked. Each guy is a breeze one on one especially if you master how to parry and then riposte but you can't exactly pull that off when there are five guys running at you full speed.

though my issues might have been do being in the wrong area for my level

I got about 30 hours into DS2, and I played about an hour of SOTFS, but I'm curious to check it out more. Though that may end up being after DS3 at this rate. I had a hard enough time with DS2 without putting harder enemies earlier.

I think I may be a bit over-powered for where I am in Dark Souls, though. Level 80, dexterity and endurance at 40, using a +13 Uchigatana 2-handed. When I was fighting Artorias, I was using Power Within and it honestly wouldn't have taken me more than 20 or so hits to kill him. But after I get through the DLC I just have one more grand soul to get and then the ending. It'll be my first time actually beating Dark Souls.

I got about 30 hours into DS2, and I played about an hour of SOTFS, but I'm curious to check it out more. Though that may end up being after DS3 at this rate. I had a hard enough time with DS2 without putting harder enemies earlier.

I think I may be a bit over-powered for where I am in Dark Souls, though. Level 80, dexterity and endurance at 40, using a +13 Uchigatana 2-handed. When I was fighting Artorias, I was using Power Within and it honestly wouldn't have taken me more than 20 or so hits to kill him. But after I get through the DLC I just have one more grand soul to get and then the ending. It'll be my first time actually beating Dark Souls.

I pretty much went the vinny method of a walking tank in dark souls only i added the extra oophm of a lightning zweihander that meant that my double handed overhead attack basically hitstunned most of the bosses and enemies i faced.

those were fun times

kvothe

Anybody else really wish they could play Job Simulator?

Seems like such a fun sandbox/toy. Would love to play that with friends. If only I had 700 dollars to blow.

Edit: Did I say 700? I meant 800.

Wunder

Anybody else really wish they could play Job Simulator?

Seems like such a fun sandbox/toy. Would love to play that with friends. If only I had 700 dollars to blow.

yeah, but like brad said, it's mostly a humor thing rather than a VR thing, so I wouldn't mind just watching someone play through it to see the gags.

kvothe

yeah, but like brad said, it's mostly a humor thing rather than a VR thing, so I wouldn't mind just watching someone play through it to see the gags.

I don't know. Watching the way Jeff interacted with those environments... I just imagine picking up and throwing donuts across the office would be so satisfying. Not nearly the same as just using a mouse and keyboard in a non-VR game.

Was hoping someone could help me out here...I avoided listening to Giant Bomb's deliberations on Best Story of 2015 from their GOTY podcasts, and I downloaded Day 4 again because I wanted to listen to that part of the podcast because I have beaten some games that I might've worried about spoilers for before. Could someone give me a timestamp (premium) when they start talking about best story on the podcast though?

Bowlie

Banned
Was hoping someone could help me out here...I avoided listening to Giant Bomb's deliberations on Best Story of 2015 from their GOTY podcasts, and I downloaded Day 4 again because I wanted to listen to that part of the podcast because I have beaten some games that I might've worried about spoilers for before. Could someone give me a timestamp (premium) when they start talking about best story on the podcast though?

Myggen (and then I, after) put timestamps for all the podcasts in their non-premium comment sections. Just figure out the difference in seconds from each version and you can find whatever you want.

edit: nvm, got them for ya:

00:02:01 - Podcast starts

00:03:08 - The categories are announced: Best Styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle, PLEASE STOP, Worst Game of the Year, Best Story

00:03:25 - Best Styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle.

00:05:08 - Aaru's Awakening
00:06:32 - Blues and Bullets
00:08:33 - Axiom Verge
00:10:05 - Massive Chalice
00:11:08 - Apotheon
00:11:45 - Galak-Z: The Dimensional
00:12:17 - Invisible, Inc.
00:12:53 - UBERMOSH
00:14:01 - Ronin (whoa, Jason)
00:14:55 - Not A Hero
00:15:51 - Yoshi's Woolly World
00:16:55 - Bloodborne (spoilers for enemies in the second half of the game)
00:19:42 - Dropsy
00:20:46 - Armello
00:21:32 - Tormentum - Dark Sorrow
00:22:52 - Super Mario Maker
00:25:15 - Splatoon
00:25:55 - Rebel Galaxy
00:29:29 - Lara Croft Go
00:30:50 - Grow Home
00:31:54 - Final discussion

00:43:53 - PLEASE STOP.

00:45:44 - "Betas"
00:47:38 - Not including a "save and exit" option for games that auto-checkpoint you
00:50:17 - Bad versions of games
00:52:38 - Crowdfunded games with ever-expanding scopes that never come out
00:56:13 - Poor transparency in crowfunded projects
00:59:52 - Forced eSports
01:07:28 - Card packs in games that are not card games
01:14:07 - Too much time between episodes in episodic games
01:18:45 - Expensive season passes
01:20:25 - Games created solely for youtubers to stream
01:22:58 - Final discussion

01:37:10 - Worst Game of the Year.

01:38:16 - Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma
01:38:56 - Sky Battles
01:41:33 - Godzilla
01:43:30 - Rodea the Sky Soldier on WiiU
01:44:54 - Raven's Cry
01:45:17 - Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
01:47:52 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
01:48:51 - Final discussion

01:54:10 - Best Story. (they spoiled everything but the endings here)

01:55:19 - Dying Light
01:59:17 - Read Only Memories
01:59:57 - Lost Constellation
02:00:35 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
02:03:42 - The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
02:04:51 - Three Fourths Home
02:05:56 - Uncanny Valley
02:07:08 - Cradle
02:14:06 - SOMA
02:29:31 - Fallout 4
02:38:12 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
02:48:46 - Her Story
02:57:28 - Cibele
02:59:39 - The Beginner's Guide
03:03:20 - Life Is Strange
03:13:37 - Undertale
03:18:27 - Final discussion
03:24:56 - The day is done!

popo

Please don't bring leftie politi-GAF in here. Half of all threads in OT is plenty.

I don't know. Watching the way Jeff interacted with those environments... I just imagine picking up and throwing donuts across the office would be so satisfying. Not nearly the same as just using a mouse and keyboard in a non-VR game.

Buy two dozen donuts and live the dream, no need for VR.

Myggen (and then I, after) put timestamps for all the podcasts in their non-premium comment sections. Just figure out the difference in seconds from each version and you can find whatever you want.

edit: nvm, got them for ya:

awesome, thank you! I mostly wanted to find any discussion about Undertale, because I finally beat that game...and yeah I understand now why people like it so much.

Ugh, well that was disappointing. Feel like none of them really appreciated how great Undertale's story was, except maybe Vinny, which is a bummer. Listening to that also reminded me of how Austin got on my nerves during the GOTY deliberations...he didn't say anything bad about it, but he looks at this a little too...scientifically? I don't know how else to put it, but it just seems like he needs to justify things in a way that isn't always necessary when you're talking about something as subjective as whether or not something is great.

Wunder

Ugh, well that was disappointing. Feel like none of them really appreciated how great Undertale's story was, except maybe Vinny, which is a bummer. Listening to that also reminded me of how Austin got on my nerves during the GOTY deliberations...he didn't say anything bad about it, but he looks at this a little too...scientifically? I don't know how else to put it, but it just seems like he needs to justify things in a way that isn't always necessary when you're talking about something as subjective as whether or not something is great.

he was saving his meter for Invisible Inc.

Also at some point you need to look for reasons other than you liking a game because then it ends in a 2 hours stalemate where two people haven't played the other game but feel really strongly about their game and so they just keep saying they like it and it goes nowhere

kvk1

no but i did have a friend tell me an hour or two ago that he couldn't access it from firefox

i'm on chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom