• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I was shocked to see that First Aid Kit (The folk duo who's song was used for the final Tales from the Borderlands credits) were Swedish. You can hear some odd phrasing in some of their other sounds, but nothing would've let me think they weren't native english speakers.

The Swedes must have amazing english classes. They are too good at it.

Myggen

I met a Danish guy at camp and he had a funny accent so that was ok. He also really liked cursing in English.

Yeah, my experience is that Scandinavians really like the word "fuck", me included. Danes and Norwegians don't really understand each other very well even though our written languages are pretty much identical, so you'll hear a lot of funny accents and cursing if you're ever at a place where there's a lot of us trying to communicate, like at a music festival.

2840244-etg.jpg

Greatness. Really love the game but man is it unforgiving when you start a run with terrible weapons.
Earlier today I heard Gungeon compared favourably to Rogue Legacy (which I 100%'d...twice), but then I saw that screenshot and...I dunno.

popo

groan

CAREERS AT CBS INTERACTIVE
SOCIAL MEDIA PRODUCER (GAMESPOT.COM)

Do you love video games? Are you social media junkie? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then GameSpot wants YOU!

The Social Media Producer at (GameSpot.com) is responsible for developing and maintaining GameSpot’s presence on Facebook.com.

Tubobutts

Aw man I hate video games and don't use social media. Too bad for me.

OH wait I can just lie. It's basically just writing #Jointheconversation a bunch right?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan Teasdale is making a golf game and thought 8 under par seemed like a reasonable thing.

I'm not even mocking it, I love that. Really fun QL EX.

yami4ct

Cursing is a really awesome and cathartic thing. I'm super big on shouting random nonsense as if it were a curse word now. Similar catharsis and often hilarious.

Tubobutts

I'm into #holdingitin until you #dieinside and then take no joy in anything not even #videogames like #DarkSouls3 releasing on April 12.

Megasoum

Banned
My mouse cursor is currently hovering over the "Subscribe" button on the WoW website... Shit... I'm not even sure that I actually want to play... What the fuck am I doing with my life?

popo

Tested hired Simone Giertz, a weird robot builder, that I was surprised to find out is Swedish. Yet another Scandinavian that speaks English with an almost perfect American accent.

She seems cool. Shame that it makes obvious that Tested are going even further towards the creator/maker thing. Just confirms what I already knew, Tested isn't for me anymore.

Get paid 50k a year to live in San Fran enjoy

Seems like a job someone could do from home, anywhere in the country. CBSi has a real thing about people being on site.

yami4ct

She seems cool. Shame that it makes obvious that Tested are going even further towards the creator/maker thing. Just confirms what I already knew, Tested isn't for me anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, Tested stopped being a tech site and started being a maker site as soon as they got bought out. The tech side pretty much was dead by that point, but that put the nail in the coffin.

The last of my interest in the site left with Will, though.

yami4ct

I hope FFXIV goes F2P at some point. I'm certain a lot of people would revolt, but that's the only way I can see myself playing it. I'm sure I'd love it, but I cannot see myself ever justifying a subscription fee. Maybe some day I'll have a large enough chunk of time to commit to that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like unless you care about the social aspects of it, any mmorpg is pretty much the worst parts of RPGs with very few of the good parts.

"Pick up the purse" gets referenced a lot but I think "Press the 'D' key to dislodge the motorist from your front axle" was a better chat prank suggestion.

Seems like a job someone could do from home, anywhere in the country. CBSi has a real thing about people being on site.

I would accept a pay cut if I never had to leave my home for work. It's my dream.

santeesioux

I still don't like Swedish people not having funny accents. In addition to learning that when I met Swedish people, I watched an interview with a Swedish band and they just sounded like Americans. Why would the muppets lie to me?

My Swedish cousin speaks better English than a decent portion of the people in my semi-rural town, it's bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom